FieldChatter Forums
Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - Printable Version

+- FieldChatter Forums (http://www.fieldchatter.com/forum)
+-- Forum: NFL (http://www.fieldchatter.com/forum/Forum-NFL)
+--- Forum: AFC EAST (http://www.fieldchatter.com/forum/Forum-AFC-EAST--504)
+---- Forum: New York Jets (http://www.fieldchatter.com/forum/Forum-New-York-Jets--527)
+---- Thread: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades (/Thread-Another-Mock-Draft-filled-with-Trades)

Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - BDA73 - 04-17-2019

scrolling through espn.com I saw this article...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/26539614/all-trades-2019-nfl-mock-draft-bill-barnwell-proposes-32-wild-deals

I would so be on board with the Cincinnati and Jets trade...

11. Cincinnati Bengals

Bengals get: WR Robby Anderson, ILB Darron Lee, 1-3
Jets get: WR A.J. Green, 1-11, 4-110

I'd like to believe the Bengals will eventually come to terms with their star receiver as Green enters the final year of the four-year, $60 million extension he signed in September 2015. After Odell Beckham Jr. and Antonio Brown were traded this offseason, though, it seems naive to rule out anything. If the Bengals don't think they're a Super Bowl team with their current core -- and it's hard to argue that they are -- this would be a chance to reshape their roster with one trade.
This trade only makes sense if Kyler Murray is still on the board at No. 3, which would position the Bengals to come away with their quarterback of the future to develop under new Bengals coach Zac Taylor. Losing Green would obviously cost Murray his would-be top receiver, but the Bengals would still have a young wideout core with both a track record of production and future upside in Anderson and Tyler Boyd, both of whom are 25 or younger. They would also get an inside linebacker in Lee, a former first-round pick who doesn't have a spot in the Jets' starting lineup after the C.J. Mosley signing but showed promise last season.
Bengals star A.J. Green is scheduled to become a free agent in 2020. Jason Miller /Getty Images
The Jets, meanwhile, would suddenly have a No. 1 wideout for Sam Darnoldwithout having to give away their first-round pick. They would miss out on adding a pass-rusher with the third pick, but there could still be options up front such as Rashan Gary or Ed Oliver at No. 11. The Jets also have the cap space to give Green a new deal. This contract would value the difference between Green and the two Jets players as equivalent to the 19th pick in a typical draft; far more than the Steelers got for Brown, who is the same age as Green (30), but for a player without the off-field issues Brown exhibited during the end in Pittsburgh.

I would try and entice Cincinnati to give up their second instead of the 4th and give them one of our 3rd rounders

RE: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - choochmmm9 - 04-17-2019

I would LOVE this

RE: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - sheets316 - 04-17-2019

I would HATE this

RE: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - apollo04 - 04-17-2019

So what is the exact deal? We swap first rounder. They get Lee, and we get Green? He is 30 and we immediately have to pay him massive $$. I don't know if it is good deal for us.

Especially if #1 QB is till there ... think about it. If it was straight draft pick deal, what other picks would've expected to move down from #3 to #11? We gave up three 2nd rounder last year for 3 spots. Ideally we would want this year's second from them, and next year's first. Is Green worth this year's second and next year's first? No of course not.

Don't like it.

RE: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - sheets316 - 04-17-2019

Yeah, Green turns 31 before the season, then you have to give him a massive deal. If they give him a 5 year deal... the last 2-3 years he might not even be worth the money. And, shit, he'd probably be cut after 2-3 years.

That drop back is the equivalent of a first rounder. You don't "give up a first rounder" who you need to give a boatload of money to... and might need to cut after 2 years. That's what stupid teams do. Or, maybe, teams who think they can win a SB in the next 1-2 years, with a potentially short window (like the Pats). We're the opposite of that.

RE: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - hustler07 - 04-17-2019

(04-17-2019, 12:25 PM)BDA73 Wrote:  scrolling through espn.com I saw this article...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/26539614/all-trades-2019-nfl-mock-draft-bill-barnwell-proposes-32-wild-deals

11. Cincinnati Bengals

I'd like to believe the Bengals will eventually come to terms with their star receiver as Green enters the final year of the four-year, $60 million extension he signed in September 2015. After Odell Beckham Jr. and Antonio Brown were traded this offseason, though, it seems naive to rule out anything. If the Bengals don't think they're a Super Bowl team with their current core -- and it's hard to argue that they are -- this would be a chance to reshape their roster with one trade.
This trade only makes sense if Kyler Murray is still on the board at No. 3, which would position the Bengals to come away with their quarterback of the future to develop under new Bengals coach Zac Taylor. Losing Green would obviously cost Murray his would-be top receiver, but the Bengals would still have a young wideout core with both a track record of production and future upside in Anderson and Tyler Boyd, both of whom are 25 or younger. They would also get an inside linebacker in Lee, a former first-round pick who doesn't have a spot in the Jets' starting lineup after the C.J. Mosley signing but showed promise last season.
Bengals star A.J. Green is scheduled to become a free agent in 2020. Jason Miller /Getty Images
The Jets, meanwhile, would suddenly have a No. 1 wideout for Sam Darnoldwithout having to give away their first-round pick. They would miss out on adding a pass-rusher with the third pick, but there could still be options up front such as Rashan Gary or Ed Oliver at No. 11. The Jets also have the cap space to give Green a new deal. This contract would value the difference between Green and the two Jets players as equivalent to the 19th pick in a typical draft; far more than the Steelers got for Brown, who is the same age as Green (30), but for a player without the off-field issues Brown exhibited during the end in Pittsburgh.

I would try and entice Cincinnati to give up their second instead of the 4th and give them one of our 3rd rounders
great post BDA!

RE: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - Jetguy3 - 04-17-2019

Stay at 3 and draft Bosa

Hell no do you make that deal for a WR on the wrong side of 30 who’ll want a shit ton of money and oh yeah, miss out on a stud pass rusher that the Jets haven’t had in forever.

NO FUCKING WAY

(04-17-2019, 02:36 PM)hustler07 Wrote:  
(04-17-2019, 12:25 PM)BDA73 Wrote:  scrolling through espn.com I saw this article...

11. Cincinnati Bengals

great post BDA!

Yeah, great post.....if you’re HIGH.

Have you been smoking your grass clippings again?

RE: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - Tom Hanks - 04-17-2019

Nope...Stay at 3....No way!!!!!!!

I love AJ Green, very humble WR too, but he has been having problem with his foot....he can still be very god, but he is over 30 and I am not taking that chance to pass up on a potential elite pass rusher

RE: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - choochmmm9 - 04-17-2019

(04-17-2019, 03:14 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  Nope...Stay at 3....No way!!!!!!!

I love AJ Green, very humble WR too, but he has been having problem with his foot....he can still be very god, but he is over 30 and I am not taking that chance to pass up on a potential elite pass rusher

I forgot about his foot/heel injuries. 

I just would love for Darnold to have a top 5 WR to throw too.

(04-17-2019, 03:13 PM)Jetguy3 Wrote:  
(04-17-2019, 02:36 PM)hustler07 Wrote:  great post BDA!

Yeah, great post.....if you’re HIGH.  

Have you been smoking your grass clippings again?
I was just happy I finally had something to read about. You're reading too deeply into it

RE: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - BDA73 - 04-17-2019

if we could get their second rounder to move down 8 spots and swap anderson for aj green....ill pack d lees bags for him

(04-17-2019, 03:39 PM)BDA73 Wrote:  if we could get their second rounder to move down 8 spots and swap anderson for aj green....ill pack d lees bags for him

No.

Good day.

I said Good Day.

RE: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - apollo04 - 04-17-2019

Just offer them one of our 3rd rounder, and conditional pick for next year .. maybe another 3rd rounder. That's it. take it or leave it.

(04-17-2019, 03:42 PM)Jetguy3 Wrote:  
(04-17-2019, 03:39 PM)BDA73 Wrote:  if we could get their second rounder to move down 8 spots and swap anderson for aj green....ill pack d lees bags for him

No.

Good day.

I said Good Day.
Ebeneezer, it's about time you got visited by 3 spirits

RE: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - dmb88886 - 04-19-2019

Yeah this is a horrific deal

RE: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - Runway JET - 04-19-2019

No.

RE: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - moonlitegram - 04-20-2019

It needs to be said again. This would be a completely asinine deal.

I can't believe some of you are on board with this or that this was even pitched by someone in an article. It's not even close to being a good trade.

RE: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - apollo04 - 04-20-2019

(04-20-2019, 06:43 AM)moonlitegram Wrote:  It needs to be said again.  This would be a completely asinine deal.  

I can't believe some of you are on board with this or that this was even pitched by someone in an article.  It's not even close to being a good trade.

Yes i mean .. just take out swapping of players & calculate actual draft picks we're giving up.   It is lot of draft picks .. for a aging WR who needs a massive new contracts.   No thanks.

Just focus on trade down offer that gives us draft picks.   I saw one deal where I think it is redskins ... we get down to around 15th pick, we get their second rounder this year, and their 1st and 2nd rounder next year.  Could be a pipe dream - but those are type of deals we should be looking for.   Otherwise stay put and get one stud starter.   It is going to be at least one more offseason before you can legitimately compute - so just take the OLB this year, and next year draft a WR in 1st round.

RE: Another Mock Draft filled with Trades - abrez6 - 04-22-2019

This wasn't really a mock draft, it was just identifying a ton of out of the box trades, and some picks were involved in multiple out there trade possibilities.  

With that said, my ideal out there pipe dream trade down scenario, is that the Jets somehow figure out who the Raiders really wanted at 4, and then convince them that someone else is trying to trade upto 3 for that player (ala what SF did to Chicago who moved up for Trubisky), so the Raiders will swap 3 for 4 plus one of their late first rounder (24 or 27) or even their second round pick, and the Jets still get Allen at 4.  Big Mac is definitely savvy enough to pull that off....no?