FieldChatter Forums

Full Version: Can we please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Separate this board into two categories. Because right now we have two camps and it's only WEEK TWO!

The No hope/fire everyone/Doomers camp and The wait and see/it's only been one game/I still have hope camp.

Holy overreaction!

I'm in camp Wait and see, right now. Not saying I won't come over to the other camp if things dont improve, but this shit is ridiculous right now.
That would be to boring
(09-10-2019, 07:11 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote: [ -> ]That would be to boring

I agree in a sense. I'm enjoying my new approach this week of being sarcastic to some posters.

Just wish people would calm down a bit.

I get overreacting on Sunday and Monday, but it's Tuesday now. Time to get over it.
(09-10-2019, 07:15 PM)Runway JET Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2019, 07:11 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote: [ -> ]That would be to boring

I agree in a sense. I'm enjoying my new approach this week of being sarcastic to some posters.

I get overreacting on Sunday and Monday, but it's Tuesday now. Time to get over it.

I think just the way we loss it def made sense for some over reaction and then we got one poster who lives off a loss like that, thrives off of it, gets giddy for it.....soooooooo, I think we're all use to it.

I mean how else would said person be able to say pussy all week??????
(09-10-2019, 07:20 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2019, 07:15 PM)Runway JET Wrote: [ -> ]I agree in a sense. I'm enjoying my new approach this week of being sarcastic to some posters.

I think just the way we loss it def made sense for some over reaction and then we got one poster who lives off a loss like that, thrives off of it, gets giddy for it.....soooooooo, I think we're all use to it.

I mean how else would said person be able to say pussy all week??????

Well he could just get pussy, but he's married so.....
Every year there's always the "positive" Jets fans that bemoan people that criticize the team for mind numbingly stupid decisions.

I'll tell you what. If the Jets ever get their act together and win a SB on a year where I'm bitching about the team making stupid decisions that spell long term failure, I'll happily eat my crow for you all.

But so far, it's been 50 years since our last Super Bowl. So I wouldn't hold your breathe waiting for me to eat crow. Also, based on that fact, I'd suggest considering the possibility that maybe there's a reason some of us are highly critical of the team beyond just having "negative mindsets"...
(09-10-2019, 07:23 PM)moonlitegram Wrote: [ -> ]Every year there's always the "positive" Jets fans that bemoan people that criticize the team for mind numbingly stupid decisions.

I'll tell you what. If the Jets ever get their act together and win a SB on a year where I'm bitching about the team making stupid decisions that spell long term failure, I'll happily eat my crow for you all.

But so far, it's been 50 years since our last Super Bowl. So I wouldn't hold your breathe waiting for me to eat crow. Also, based on that fact, I'd suggest considering the possibility that maybe there's a reason some of us are highly critical of the team beyond just having "negative mindsets"...

+ 1

Yep.
(09-10-2019, 07:23 PM)moonlitegram Wrote: [ -> ]Every year there's always the "positive" Jets fans that bemoan people that criticize the team for mind numbingly stupid decisions.

I'll tell you what.  If the Jets ever get their act together and win a SB on a year where I'm bitching about the team making stupid decisions that spell long term failure, I'll happily eat my crow for you all.  

But so far, it's been 50 years since our last Super Bowl.  So I wouldn't hold your breathe waiting for me to eat crow.  Also, based on that fact, I'd suggest considering the possibility that maybe there's a reason some of us are highly critical of the team beyond just having "negative mindsets"...

You're aren't understanding me. I'm not saying don't be critical. What I'm saying is SLOW DOWN. It's been ONE WEEK of a NEW SYSTEM and a SECOND YEAR QUARTERBACK.
(09-10-2019, 07:10 PM)Runway JET Wrote: [ -> ]Separate this board into two categories. Because right now we have two camps and it's only WEEK TWO!

The No hope/fire everyone/Doomers camp and The wait and see/it's only been one game/I still have hope camp.

Holy overreaction!

I'm in camp Wait and see, right now. Not saying I won't come over to the other camp if things dont improve, but this shit is ridiculous right now.

NO!!!
(09-10-2019, 07:37 PM)Runway JET Wrote: [ -> ]

I'll tell you what.  If the Jets ever get their act together and win a SB on a year where I'm bitching about the team making stupid decisions that spell long term failure, I'll happily eat my crow for you all.  

But so far, it's been 50 years since our last Super Bowl.  So I wouldn't hold your breathe waiting for me to eat crow.  Also, based on that fact, I'd suggest considering the possibility that maybe there's a reason some of us are highly critical of the team beyond just having "negative mindsets"...

You're aren't understanding me. I'm not saying don't be critical. What I'm saying is SLOW DOWN. It's been ONE WEEK of a NEW SYSTEM and a SECOND YEAR QUARTERBACK.

Oh, I'm fine with Darnold. 

My issue is the system.  We've seen it before multiple times now in the past decade with this team.  We know it doesn't work. I don't need to see 16 more games with it to understand that. I don't even need to see a 2nd game with it to understand that.
(09-10-2019, 07:37 PM)Runway JET Wrote: [ -> ]

It hasn't been one week.  It's been 3 years and 1 week of Gase with pussy play calling.  I have many posts on the board from games against the Phins remarking about how absurdly conservative (see pussy-ish) their play calling was during those games against the Jets.  So I remembered all of this and warned you that this is a strong possibility.

However, I hoped he would learn and change his ways.  I didn't think it was likely, but we hoped.  So when you see the same thing in week 1 that you saw from him for years, it isn't overreacting to 1 week.  It's acknowledging reality, that this is almost definitely who he is and what he will be.

I've asked NYCF1 over and over and he won't respond, will you?  How often do we see NFL HC's change their ways?  It just about NEVER happens.  It's very frustrating, but NFL Tigers don't change their stripes.  They are VERY VERY stubborn.  So while we all HOPED he would.  BB is one of few coaches that DOES adapt to his personnel and other factors.  But most don't.  It's highly unlikely (not impossible, but highly unlikely) that Gase is going to change to a totally different offense after 1 week after instituting this offense all preseason and offseason long.  It's just highly unlikely to happen.  I did mention there will be variations in the level of conservative-ness from week to week, and D to D that we face, so next week is likely to be at least a bit better than this week.  But unless there's MASSIVE changes to the offense, we know what we're getting going forward and it goes beyond just sucking.  Our young QB is being indoctrinated with this CRAP.  So it's beyond frustrating and infuriating, it's (possibly) hurting our future even if he's fired.

Peyton Manning threw a TON of INT's in his early seasons while producing.  I want to see that from Darnold.  I don't want him learning by throwing sideways.  Geno Smith could throw the ball sideways.  It's wasting Darnold's awesome talent.

So it's not overreacting to one week.  It's the realization of, "he is who we thought he was" (or at least almost definitely is).
(09-10-2019, 07:59 PM)dmb88886 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2019, 07:37 PM)Runway JET Wrote: [ -> ]You're aren't understanding me. I'm not saying don't be critical. What I'm saying is SLOW DOWN. It's been ONE WEEK of a NEW SYSTEM and a SECOND YEAR QUARTERBACK.

It hasn't been one week.  It's been 3 years and 1 week of Gase with pussy play calling.  I have many posts on the board from games against the Phins remarking about how absurdly conservative (see pussy-ish) their play calling was during those games against the Jets.  So I remembered all of this and warned you that this is a strong possibility.

However, I hoped he would learn and change his ways.  I didn't think it was likely, but we hoped.  So when you see the same thing in week 1 that you saw from him for years, it isn't overreacting to 1 week.  It's acknowledging reality, that this is almost definitely who he is and what he will be.

I've asked NYCF1 over and over and he won't respond, will you?  How often do we see NFL HC's change their ways?  It just about NEVER happens.  It's very frustrating, but NFL Tigers don't change their stripes.  They are VERY VERY stubborn.  So while we all HOPED he would.  BB is one of few coaches that DOES adapt to his personnel and other factors.  But most don't.  It's highly unlikely (not impossible, but highly unlikely) that Gase is going to change to a totally different offense after 1 week after instituting this offense all preseason and offseason long.  It's just highly unlikely to happen.  I did mention there will be variations in the level of conservative-ness from week to week, and D to D that we face, so next week is likely to be at least a bit better than this week.  But unless there's MASSIVE changes to the offense, we know what we're getting going forward and it goes beyond just sucking.  Our young QB is being indoctrinated with this CRAP.  So it's beyond frustrating and infuriating, it's (possibly) hurting our future even if he's fired.

Peyton Manning threw a TON of INT's in his early seasons while producing.  I want to see that from Darnold.  I don't want him learning by throwing sideways.  Geno Smith could throw the ball sideways.  It's wasting Darnold's awesome talent.

So it's not overreacting to one week.  It's the realization of, "he is who we thought he was" (or at least almost definitely is).

You don't know that. People change all the time. Not saying Gase will, but we don't know the relationship he had with his QB's in Miami or if he even liked the QB's he had in Miami. It was his first chance at a HC job so he took it.

We saw what the first team offense did in the preseason and the passes downfield Darnold made. It might take a few weeks for things to come together in this new system. You should know this. The first few weeks are a crapshoot.

Just admit that you have no idea. Like everyone else. I know you won't. You have no special insight to the Jets organization. Neither does anyone else here.

Like I said. If we keep seeing the same lackluster offensive performance in week 5 or 6 then we can start destroying Adam Gase, but right now it's WAY to soon.
Sheets source has insight on this. We're fucked.
(09-10-2019, 09:21 PM)Runway JET Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2019, 07:59 PM)dmb88886 Wrote: [ -> ]It hasn't been one week.  It's been 3 years and 1 week of Gase with pussy play calling.  I have many posts on the board from games against the Phins remarking about how absurdly conservative (see pussy-ish) their play calling was during those games against the Jets.  So I remembered all of this and warned you that this is a strong possibility.

You don't know that. People change all the time. Not saying Gase will, but we don't know the relationship he had with his QB's in Miami or if he even liked the QB's he had in Miami. It was his first chance at a HC job so he took it.

We saw what the first team offense did in the preseason and the passes downfield Darnold made. It might take a few weeks for things to come together in this new system. You should know this. The first few weeks are a crapshoot.

Just admit that you have no idea. Like everyone else. I know you won't. You have no special insight to the Jets organization. Neither does anyone else here.

Like I said. If we keep seeing the same lackluster offensive performance in week 5 or 6 then we can start destroying Adam Gase, but right now it's WAY to soon.

5 or 6 WEEKS?!?!?!

Are you kidding me with that bullshit? Why on Earth would it take you (or anyone else with eyes) 5 to 6 WEEKS of the shit we saw on Sunday before destroying Gase? As Moon already eluded to.....you don’t have to see that crap more than ONCE to know it sucks monkey balls. Holy Fuck.....5 to 6 WEEKS? That’s fucking ridiculous.

I never want to see that garbage again.

And while it may take time for an offense to come together.....it doesn’t mean jack shit if a BIG portion of that offense is made up of horizontal passes. The fact that you’re willing to give Gase FIVE TO SIX WEEKS to figure that out is mind boggling. Just the idea of not being livid and giving him any more time between the end of the game on Sunday and the first Offensive snap next Monday night is, in fact, giving Adam Gase WAY TOO MUCH OF A FUCKING PASS.

Just stop with the fucking nonsense. Stevie Wonder could see that Offensive game plan is just plain fucking stupid.

Five to Six Weeks? Good Lord.
I'm usually fairly patient. I give it 1 more quarter of play!
(09-10-2019, 09:39 PM)Jetguy3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2019, 09:21 PM)Runway JET Wrote: [ -> ]You don't know that. People change all the time. Not saying Gase will, but we don't know the relationship he had with his QB's in Miami or if he even liked the QB's he had in Miami. It was his first chance at a HC job so he took it.

5 or 6 WEEKS?!?!?!  

Are you kidding me with that bullshit? Why on Earth would it take you (or anyone else with eyes) 5 to 6 WEEKS of the shit we saw on Sunday before destroying Gase? As Moon already eluded to.....you don’t have to see that crap more than ONCE to know it sucks monkey balls. Holy Fuck.....5 to 6 WEEKS?  That’s fucking ridiculous.  

And while it may take time for an offense to come together.....it doesn’t mean jack shit if a BIG portion of that offense is made up of horizontal passes. The fact that you’re willing to give Gase FIVE TO SIX WEEKS to figure that out is mind boggling.  Just the idea of not being livid and giving him any more time between the end of the game on Sunday and the first Offensive snap next Monday night is, in fact, giving Adam Gase WAY TOO MUCH OF A FUCKING PASS.  

Just stop with the fucking nonsense. Stevie Wonder could see that Offensive game plan is just plain fucking stupid. 

Stevie Wonder could throw 2 yard passes too. 

Why bother giving up draft stock to select a top QB prospect if you're just going to hire a coach who wants his QB to play like the ultimate game manager?
Jets Season prediction update: 18-1
(09-10-2019, 09:42 PM)Are We There Yet Wrote: [ -> ]I'm usually fairly patient. I give it 1 more quarter of play!

I want to see a competent offense from the outset on Monday Night. NO MORE SHITTY PLAY CALLING. If they can’t convert....that’s one thing. But SHITTY AND WEAK (ie: scared) PLAY CALLING? Awwww HELL NO!!!
(09-10-2019, 09:39 PM)Jetguy3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2019, 09:21 PM)Runway JET Wrote: [ -> ]You don't know that. People change all the time. Not saying Gase will, but we don't know the relationship he had with his QB's in Miami or if he even liked the QB's he had in Miami. It was his first chance at a HC job so he took it.

5 or 6 WEEKS?!?!?!  

Are you kidding me with that bullshit? Why on Earth would it take you (or anyone else with eyes) 5 to 6 WEEKS of the shit we saw on Sunday before destroying Gase? As Moon already eluded to.....you don’t have to see that crap more than ONCE to know it sucks monkey balls. Holy Fuck.....5 to 6 WEEKS?  That’s fucking ridiculous.  

And while it may take time for an offense to come together.....it doesn’t mean jack shit if a BIG portion of that offense is made up of horizontal passes. The fact that you’re willing to give Gase FIVE TO SIX WEEKS to figure that out is mind boggling.  Just the idea of not being livid and giving him any more time between the end of the game on Sunday and the first Offensive snap next Monday night is, in fact, giving Adam Gase WAY TOO MUCH OF A FUCKING PASS.  

Your post is trollish and pathetic. It was ONE WEEK. How many times did you rewatch the game? How many plays did you break down? Stop with the fucking stupid nonsense!

It's a team that is still trying to learn a NEW SYSTEM. A SECOND YEAR quarterback trying to figure everything out.

You are acting like a woman. Overreacting!
(09-10-2019, 09:21 PM)Runway JET Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2019, 07:59 PM)dmb88886 Wrote: [ -> ]It hasn't been one week.  It's been 3 years and 1 week of Gase with pussy play calling.  I have many posts on the board from games against the Phins remarking about how absurdly conservative (see pussy-ish) their play calling was during those games against the Jets.  So I remembered all of this and warned you that this is a strong possibility.

You don't know that.

I think you read my post wrong.  I never said I know that.  I said it's highly unlikely as it almost never happens in football.

People change all the time.

No, it doesn't in football.  Again I think you misread, because I specifically stated that NFL coaches are as stubborn as it gets and almost NEVER change.  I mentioned BB being one of the few rare ones that does often change based on personnel and other variables.  And he's not the only one, but off the top of my head I can't think of any recent head coaches that change and adapt.  It almost never happens in football, it should, the best coaches do.

Actually sorry, I can think of someone who does change based on a variety of factors and he's on our team!  Our DC, Greg Williams is fairly adaptable to personnel.  But again, this is an extreme, it's the outlier, 99% of the time coaches do NOT change their way.

We're just tlaing about using our brains and logic Runway.  First, as I mentioned it almost NEVER happens in football with coaches.  Second, if it WERE to happen, it would have been the offense he installed since he took over the team.  But we saw the same offense in Week 1 that we saw for 3 years in Miami.  Pussy football.  So it's even MORE rare that a guy is going to totally throw out his system and bad habits and ways ONE WEEK into the season!  So what you're saying either has never happened or almost never happens.

The changes we will see week to week will be minor.  Our OC last year Bates was awful and was a pussy, but every game wasn't the worst or terrible.  Some were atrocious, some were better than the bad ones.  So will every game be quite as bad as last week?  No, absolutely not.  And because that was against a good DC, it was likely extra bad (horrible reason but it's reality).

So if you're having "hope" that it will change going forward, you're just going against all logic and reality.  You can HOPE something happens while realizing there's almost NO CHANCE it will.  If I were single, I'd HOPE to fuck Mila Kunis tomorrow, I realize that it's 99.999999999999% chance that it won't happen.

So you may want to be all hustler positive, and that's fine, you're allowed, but don't expect others to assume something so unlikely, is likely to happen.  I won't ever be that way, I'm a realist.  And reality is, Gase has coached this way for 3 years and 1 game, the chances of it all of a sudden changing or of him all of a sudden changing who he is, is so unlikely it's barely worth talking about.

Not sure what you don't get about that b/c I'm mostly repeating myself.

Not saying Gase will, but we don't know the relationship he had with his QB's in Miami or if he even liked the QB's he had in Miami.

This is totally irrelevant to his offensive strategy.

It was his first chance at a HC job so he took it.

Good offensive head coaches don't all of a sudden coach like a total pussy b/c it was the first HC job they took.  I don't even get what you're saying, but it's wrong.

This had nothing to do with "coming together" and it had everything to do with what his system is.  That was his system.  Now Darnold could get better within it, but you're arguing a different point.  I actually agree that Darnold will improve within it, and he'll face weaker D's in most weeks too.  But we're not talking about an entirely different offense.  As I said, coaches don't abandon their system after Week 1, and almost every coach alive never abandons their offensive system ever in their lives, let alone in the middle of a season.

Just admit that you have no idea. Like everyone else.

I actually have a great idea of the likelihood it doesn't change, b/c we see it play out all the time.  It's quite weird that you think it's anything other than "unlikely".  I mean, you have a brain, you're a smart guy, use logic and common sense and be a realistic person.  If you do, then you'll have a very good idea of what to expect, just like I do.  Is there a tiny % chance it doesn't happen that way?  Yes, I keep saying over and over highly unlikely, I never once used the word impossible.

We're destroying how he coached last game, which was unacceptable and if you're someone hoping for a playoff spot, he made it MUCH MUCH harder and less likely, so he literally could have blown the season coaching that game like a pussy.  So it's far from too soon to destroy him for the last game.  Nobody is destroying him for the future, we're just fairly certain (using logic and understanding of the sport) that this is who he is.  Again, we can hope that tiny % that he's not that guy works out, but it's highly unlikely.  Nothing I said is untrue.  It's highly unlikely but COULD happen. Hopefully it does, I won't hold my breathe though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5