Zion Williamson declares for NBA draft as Knicks waiting game begins
04-15-2019, 09:53 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
For months, it had been considered just as many of his terrific highlights — a slam dunk without question — and on Monday evening, Zion Williamson finally made the obvious official.

The Duke freshman phenom, whose freakish athleticism, scintillating dunks and venerable personality starred the center of the college basketball season, announced on Instagram his decision to enter the NBA draft, becoming the last of the Blue Devils Big Three to publicize his intentions.

“I don’t think I can put it into words how special this year was,” Williamson said, in addition to thanking his family, coach Mike Krzyzewski and the rest of Duke.
And that it was, the 6-foot-7 forward averaging 22.6 points, 8.9 rebounds and 2.1 assists over 33 games that included an ACC Championship and NCAA tournament disappointment, with the Blue Devils bowing out to Michigan State in the Elite 8.
Williamson’s soon-to-be former teammates, RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish had previously declared, though neither is expected to topple Zion — who has already earned first-name status as only a few select star athletes have — as the first to hear Adam Silver call his name on June 20.
Of course many will parade Broadway if it’s a Knicks hat in the commissioner’s hand for that declaration, the franchise already pulling out all the stops for the May 14 lottery by having the last No. 1 pick in team history (1985), Patrick Ewing, in the building for when the ping pong balls fall in May.
“I mean, I don’t know if they need much saving, but … to the New York fans, I really appreciate the love and support. If the Knicks did draft me, I would love to be there,” Williamson said during March Madness. “Like I said, whatever team drafts me, that’s where I want to be.”
There’s a 14 percent chance it all comes to fruition, as the next last-place Knicks waiting game is officially underway.
Game 7 of the Championship series Against the Lakers with Wilt! 

Red: You know my mama wanted me to be a Coach.

Willis: My dad wanted me to be a basketball player.

Red: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
04-15-2019, 09:54 PM,
RE: Zion Williamson declares for NBA draft as Knicks waiting game begins
 x 0  x 0 
I can't sleep until the ping pong balls stop bouncing!    Zombie
Game 7 of the Championship series Against the Lakers with Wilt! 

Red: You know my mama wanted me to be a Coach.

Willis: My dad wanted me to be a basketball player.

Red: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
04-16-2019, 09:37 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
I can’t believe after all these years of better draft odds, Knicks didn’t know how to tank.

It was a last ditch effort winning meaningless games from coaches and players no longer in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-16-2019, 10:15 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Last year was the year to tank. The Knicks won a few games down the stretch and missed moving up. We could have paired Luka or Trae with KP and had cap space...we would have been set.
04-16-2019, 11:55 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Embiid should’ve been ejected on that nasty elbow at Allen.

Should’ve been a flagrant 2.

https://youtu.be/y_kE71BH820

04-16-2019, 12:56 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(04-16-2019, 11:55 AM)damntoni Wrote:  Embiid should’ve been ejected on that nasty elbow at Allen.

Yup, I'm not sure how that's different from the Artest/Harden elbow from a few years ago...Embiid clearly knew what he was doing.
04-16-2019, 01:03 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(04-16-2019, 12:56 PM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  
(04-16-2019, 11:55 AM)damntoni Wrote:  Embiid should’ve been ejected on that nasty elbow at Allen.

Yup, I'm not sure how that's different from the Artest/Harden elbow from a few years ago...Embiid clearly knew what he was doing.

NBA wanted the Sixers to win that game. How different would this round be if he was ejected for that game and the next?

Refs and the NBA exposed themselves.

04-30-2019, 08:19 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Solid article on why trading Zion (or any package really) for Unibrow would be a seriously bad idea.

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2019/4/30/18522433/why-the-knicks-need-zion-williamson
05-02-2019, 10:43 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(04-30-2019, 08:19 PM)jcharding Wrote:  Solid article on why trading Zion (or any package really) for Unibrow would be a seriously bad idea.

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2019/4/30/18522433/why-the-knicks-need-zion-williamson

I wouldn't want to trade Zion, but IF we can add AD to two max guys (not sure how) then I would consider.  Otherwise, forget it .
05-02-2019, 02:49 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
i wouldn't trade any 1st rd pick for AD if he wants to come to NY he can come in FA or after he gets traded and come at the end of the season

"P Y P" pick your poison Beckham,Barkley,Engram or Shepard

05-02-2019, 03:18 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(05-02-2019, 02:49 PM)sgod35 Wrote:  i wouldn't trade any 1st rd pick for AD if he wants to come to NY he can come in FA or after he gets traded and come at the end of the season

If you bring in KD, you have to go for it right away.  He probably has three more top years left.  Look at Lebron, he planned on wasting a whole season in LA?  How many does he really have left?  If you bring KD you try to win in year one.
05-02-2019, 04:31 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(05-02-2019, 03:18 PM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  
(05-02-2019, 02:49 PM)sgod35 Wrote:  i wouldn't trade any 1st rd pick for AD if he wants to come to NY he can come in FA or after he gets traded and come at the end of the season

If you bring in KD, you have to go for it right away.  He probably has three more top years left.  Look at Lebron, he planned on wasting a whole season in LA?  How many does he really have left?  If you bring KD you try to win in year one.

i'd rather have KD and whoever comes with him to add with the draft pick along with robinson,dsj,knox and trier than to have KD,kyrie and AD, there will be no money left over to add anyone with 3 max salaries plus you will be trading away the farm to and gutting your team

"P Y P" pick your poison Beckham,Barkley,Engram or Shepard