Yeahhh Nuccuuuu
 x 0 x 0

x 0 x 0
Liked that Yuh since I first heard it. :)

x 0 x 0
Another music thread! Yay!

Just realized the other week that among other things, if I didn't start speaking to people here again you might never hear these two incredible songs.

This one by Omnimotion, I sing no less than 10 times a day while looping it. The girl singing is named Aleah. Fabulously beautiful woman who proves once again that when they do us vampy dark haired East European bitches they do us right. No album yet but her demos are at that link and she can't help but become a star. I just can't seem to get this smoky voiced, even with compression and other studio crap. Really gorgeous love song.

x 0 x 0
This is another one, called Vai Viver A Vida by Rae & Christian. I couldn't find the album version on YouTube but the ONLY version that counts is the album version so I uploaded it to my server for you.

x 0 x 0
And I have to pop one of the coolest Portishead songs on here too. If you don't get some chica trying to grind on you in a dim room or club listening to this...you might want to have Ben Franklin pick her up instead!

Fucking A that is a sick sexy rhythm. Am I right? They didn't make it by accident.
 x 0 x 0
This one is for mix/DJ/electronic House type guys. Deadmau5. Really badass. So put the bass up and crank it. I promise

x 0 x 0
And now for something completely different -

Paul Rodgers had the most perfect phrasing of any singer in the history of rock and roll.

Misuse of the word literally drives me figuratively insaney
The Internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents
QUELLISTS UNITE

x 0 x 0
Not work safe. I like music that has a message.

x 0 x 0
(11-30-2011, 08:12 AM)KaschKDame Wrote:  Another music thread! Yay!

Just realized the other week that among other things, if I didn't start speaking to people here again you might never hear these two incredible songs.

This one by Omnimotion, I sing no less than 10 times a day while looping it. The girl singing is named Aleah. Fabulously beautiful woman who proves once again that when they do us vampy dark haired East European bitches they do us right. No album yet but her demos are at that link and she can't help but become a star. I just can't seem to get this smoky voiced, even with compression and other studio crap. Really gorgeous love song.

She is really good, even though I don't really like ambient. She kind of reminds me of Alannha Myles - looks kind of like her, too.

From this song, I'm not sure what Omnimotion is getting paid to do, unless it's his job to find really hot singers and not get in their way :)
QUELLISTS UNITE

x 0 x 0
LMAO!!! He's pretty good at his job then huh?

No it's like most downtempo he did the entire composition. Pretty much the same thing as Massive Attack or Karsh Kale or Brian Eno does. In fact I think they worked together with Massive Attack at some point as well. Of course I also heard Big Bird "worked" with Massive Attack so it's not exactly out of line to wonder if MA is so ubiquitous because they were actually the studio's shuttle bus drivers.
 x 0 x 0
(11-30-2011, 08:20 AM)KaschKDame Wrote:  And I have to pop one of the coolest Portishead songs on here too. If you don't get some chica trying to grind on you in a dim room or club listening to this...you might want to have Ben Franklin pick her up instead!

Fucking A that is a sick sexy rhythm. Am I right? They didn't make it by accident.

Thats whats up!!! 1 of my favs K, nice job!
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor

Amat Victoria Praeparatio
 x 0 x 0

x 0 x 0
(11-30-2011, 02:13 PM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  Thats whats up!!! 1 of my favs K, nice job!

I know huh? That rhythm is almost tribal. I was playing it (and that Deadmau5) over and over last night cause they're just so hot and they force me to start freaking and it's much better to do that in a club than where your 5 year old can wander in and watch you without saying a word, lol.

I was facing away from the door and really backing that ass up and then I swivel around and Brie is completely straight faced and trying to do the same move. She looked like she was hoola hooping without the hoop and completely against her will with the look on her face, haha. So fucking busted.

What did you think of that Deadmau5? The rapping was sort of cheesy but again that rhythm and sound underneath was pretty sick eh? I thought of you when I posted it
:D
 x 0 x 0
http://www.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=RuLWAC-aSIg
 x 0 x 0
(11-30-2011, 04:16 PM)KaschKDame Wrote:  
(11-30-2011, 02:13 PM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  Thats whats up!!! 1 of my favs K, nice job!

I know huh? That rhythm is almost tribal. I was playing it (and that Deadmau5) over and over last night cause they're just so hot and they force me to start freaking and it's much better to do that in a club than where your 5 year old can wander in and watch you without saying a word, lol.

I was facing away from the door and really backing that ass up and then I swivel around and Brie is completely straight faced and trying to do the same move. She looked like she was hoola hooping without the hoop and completely against her will with the look on her face, haha. So fucking busted.

What did you think of that Deadmau5? The rapping was sort of cheesy but again that rhythm and sound underneath was pretty sick eh? I thought of you when I posted it

Im with you, the rapping ruins it but love the rhythm......deadmau5 is so trendy right now though, like David Guetta or whatever his name is, its the whole "dance" era thats made a small comeback, theyll all be gone midway through 2012.

Do you remember New Radicals??? Listen to Foster the people who are hot right now, spot on identical!

x 0 x 0
(11-30-2011, 06:43 PM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  
(11-30-2011, 04:16 PM)KaschKDame Wrote:  I know huh? That rhythm is almost tribal. I was playing it (and that Deadmau5) over and over last night cause they're just so hot and they force me to start freaking and it's much better to do that in a club than where your 5 year old can wander in and watch you without saying a word, lol.

Im with you, the rapping ruins it but love the rhythm......deadmau5 is so trendy right now though, like David Guetta or whatever his name is, its the whole "dance" era thats made a small comeback, theyll all be gone midway through 2012.

Do you remember New Radicals??? Listen to Foster the people who are hot right now, spot on identical!

Does stealing from Godsmack make Portishead less cool?

QUELLISTS UNITE

x 0 x 0
(11-30-2011, 05:10 AM)yuh_nuccu Wrote:  

That "Bucktown" certainly seems like a nice place...

Nice message for the kids, too!
Boats and Ho's!
 x 0 x 0
(11-30-2011, 06:43 PM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  Im with you, the rapping ruins it but love the rhythm......deadmau5 is so trendy right now though, like David Guetta or whatever his name is, its the whole "dance" era thats made a small comeback, theyll all be gone midway through 2012.

David Guetta huh? I like that one song of his, I think it's called Love Is Gone. I guess I'm really far more into beats and rhythms than lyrics, or actually I should say that's what holds the attraction for me about music, despite having sung in one of the bands I was in. That sounds way cooler than it was, btw. I've been in four different bands mostly playing guitar, and somehow finding a use for my old viola in one. None of them went anywhere of course and probably never really intended to, although we did in the one I sung in actually self-distributed a CD. When you go tin in your own fanbase, you find a new dream quickly, so don't think I'm claiming to be some Gwen Stefani on the D/L. I'll bet I'm not the only one here who has been in a band.

I think electronic (house/downtempo/dancehall) is going to stick around actually. Just like rap has. And the reason why is because the barriers to popularity and production that existed in rock in past decades simply don't apply in these genres. Pretty much anybody can pick up a copy of Reason, Cakewalk/Pro Tools, GarageBand, etc. and go to work. Then, use the internet to distribute for pennies. The money is no longer in selling LPs or CDs anyways. Smart bands are making their music available for free and then making money off live performance from the huge following they earn from this sort of loyalty based fans-first approach. And it's taking the big studio dinosaurs who refuse to adapt down in the process.

No clubs are playing album versions of anything anymore like in the 70's or 80's. It's all remixes, re-imaginings, harder or softer covers, etc. Electronica in other words. Even the big acts now like Gaga are replacing the entire band concept with a computer, keeping costs low and remix quotient high. It's how rap has defied every report and attempt to being about its demise for over 30 years now, and it's why the genres "Rock", "Hard Rock", and "Arena Rock" have been extinct for the last 15-20. And you could tell this was coming when Eddie Van Halen became twice as likely to be behind the keyboard in videos as behind the guitar that made him famous.

I remember when I first came out here this place was festooned with clubs covering different genres and multiple radio stations for each one of them. I mean iconic clubs and stations. Jazz clubs like The Paresian Room and accompanying radio stations, rock clubs like Gazzari's and stations like KMET, Mighty 690, 64 KFI, Pirate Radio, etc. And even pure hip hop venues like World on Wheels where NWA, LA Dream Team, Ice-T etc. played actual concerts that were packed, with stations like KGFJ and KDAY as staples. All of them are gone. Replaced by stations like Power 106 pumping out auto-tuned BS on the regular, 94.7 The Wave making Kenny G the closest you can get to Miles Davis or Stefan Grappelli. And then there's the station everyone who wants to stay everyone better learn to belong on. KROQ.

It's adapt your style so it can fit in with electronic revolution or spend the rest of your career playing the background at coffee shop poetry readings. There's nothing wrong with that either though. It's actually quite fulfilling!
 x 0 x 0
HAHA you gotta be kidding me legion, Godsmack one of the worst bands, horrible vocals.

x 0 x 0
I'm retiring my name.

Suggestions on a new one are welcomed (even if they're thinly-veiled insults).