Yanks season thread
 x 0 x 0
(06-14-2019, 12:01 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  
(06-14-2019, 11:47 AM)sheets316 Wrote:  Hate to root against a kid, but I smiled when I just read that Justus Sheffield has a 6.87 ERA right now in the minors.  With an insane amount walks.

Cashman has proven he really knows what he is doing the last few years

FYI, where is Gamerz been and his whining about being done with the Yanks because they did not get Machado and Harper?????

Mathieu might have been our MVP up to this point

That was the perfect not flashy, sexy move this off season to not getting Machado and guy can play all over the Infield

At least for this year with the injuries we had and suffered......he was the better player for us to have
Hell Geno has been a better 3rd baseman than both manny and harper

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 x 0 x 0
(06-14-2019, 03:54 PM)BDA73 Wrote:  
(06-14-2019, 12:01 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  Cashman has proven he really knows what he is doing the last few years

FYI, where is Gamerz been and his whining about being done with the Yanks because they did not get Machado and Harper?????

Mathieu might have been our MVP up to this point

That was the perfect not flashy, sexy move this off season to not getting Machado and guy can play all over the Infield

At least for this year with the injuries we had and suffered......he was the better player for us to have
Hell Geno has been a better 3rd baseman than both manny and harper

Gene Smith is a much better 3B than QB
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
Why did we trade for Edwin Encarnacion? He has 21 HR on the season, but don't get why? No reports of what we gave up yet. Looks like he's being paid $21.7M this year and $20 next?!?! They had to have paid some of that salary, right?!?

On the surface with no details, this seems quite strange.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

x 0 x 0
(06-11-2019, 10:43 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  Today, Sanchez got his first rbi of the season that wasn’t the result of a homer.  That’s shocking to me!

Are you sure this was correct?  Before tonights RBI double, I saw he was hitting .261 with runners in scoring position on the season, and only 6 of his 12 hits were HR.  One was a double, and then 5 singles.  I guess one of those 5 singles was the post you made the other day, but how could a double and 4 singles not score a single run with someone in scoring position?

x 0 x 0
(06-15-2019, 10:02 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  Why did we trade for Edwin Encarnacion? He has 21 HR on the season, but don't get why? No reports of what we gave up yet. Looks like he's being paid $21.7M this year and $20 next?!?! They had to have paid some of that salary, right?!?

This makes no sense as its another right handed bat in a lineup full of them...perhaps someone is injuried and we havent heard about it yet?

x 0 x 0
(06-15-2019, 10:04 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(06-11-2019, 10:43 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  Today, Sanchez got his first rbi of the season that wasn’t the result of a homer.  That’s shocking to me!

Are you sure this was correct?  Before tonights RBI double, I saw he was hitting .261 with runners in scoring position on the season, and only 6 of his 12 hits were HR.  One was a double, and then 5 singles.  I guess one of those 5 singles was the post you made the other day, but how could a double and 4 singles not score a single run with someone in scoring position?

I heard this from a friend who I almost trust for good info. It was crazy, but I didn’t doubt him. I just looked at Sanchez’s game log and I saw a game in April where he had two ribbies but not homer. So it’s wrong. I’m guessing he just heard it wrong during the game.
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 3 x 0
(06-15-2019, 10:46 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  
(06-15-2019, 10:04 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  Are you sure this was correct?  Before tonights RBI double, I saw he was hitting .261 with runners in scoring position on the season, and only 6 of his 12 hits were HR.  One was a double, and then 5 singles.  I guess one of those 5 singles was the post you made the other day, but how could a double and 4 singles not score a single run with someone in scoring position?

I heard this from a friend who I almost trust for good info. It was crazy, but I didn’t doubt him. I just looked at Sanchez’s game log and I saw a game in April where he had two ribbies but not homer. So it’s wrong. I’m guessing he just heard it wrong during the game.
Sheets source at it again lol

x 0 x 0
(06-15-2019, 10:58 PM)BDA73 Wrote:  
(06-15-2019, 10:46 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  I heard this from a friend who I almost trust for good info. It was crazy, but I didn’t doubt him. I just looked at Sanchez’s game log and I saw a game in April where he had two ribbies but not homer. So it’s wrong. I’m guessing he just heard it wrong during the game.

Exactly! LOL

p.s. Sheets....tell your Mom “Hi”
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
 x 0 x 0
(06-15-2019, 10:58 PM)BDA73 Wrote:  
(06-15-2019, 10:46 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  I heard this from a friend who I almost trust for good info. It was crazy, but I didn’t doubt him. I just looked at Sanchez’s game log and I saw a game in April where he had two ribbies but not homer. So it’s wrong. I’m guessing he just heard it wrong during the game.

Safe to say that 2019 is already the worst career year for sheets source(s).

I wonder if sheets’ source knows what sheets is doing posting/awake after 9:30pm, even on a Saturday.

x 0 x 0
#Mariners sending $8.4M to #Yankees as part of the trade. For luxury tax purposes the hit for the #Yankees in 2019 is roughly $3.4M. So it will not preclude them financially adding a SP in near future

Encarnacion still owed more than $15M in salary and buyout. Source says #Yankees and #Mariners essentially splitting the money. SEA paid more to get better prospect - pitcher Juan Then, who should move into 15-20 range on SEA top prospects list. First with Then: @Joelsherman1.

x 0 x 0
Wonder if a Voigt/Frazier package for a big time starter is in the works

x 0 x 0
(06-15-2019, 10:02 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  Why did we trade for Edwin Encarnacion? He has 21 HR on the season, but don't get why? No reports of what we gave up yet. Looks like he's being paid $21.7M this year and $20 next?!?! They had to have paid some of that salary, right?!?

Phew 2020 is a team option!

x 0 x 0
Cubs playing up and down baseball of late. Rizzo hit a game winning two run dong off Jansen last night, so hopefully that gets us going.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program of Yankees information....
If you choose to pull the trigger,
should your drama prove sincere.
Do it somewhere far away from here.

x 0 x 0
(06-16-2019, 12:00 AM)BDA73 Wrote:  Wonder if a Voigt/Frazier package for a big time starter is in the works

This move was a set up move because they are making huge play for big pitcher (maybe Max or Bum) I rather have Max and I love Bum and no pitcher in my lifetime has been a better post season pitcher, but he is not the same guy.....he has never been the same since that serious injury, has not pitched in the playoffs since that injury, he is just not that guy anymore.....I am sure he will gut it out and sure he wouldn't shock me if he can be good in post season.....but you're not trading for that guy who was so dominating in playoffs.....This is the one topic I can't bare to here Francessa with he acts like if it was between Bum and Max you're an idiot if you want Max over Bum.....keeps saying he has never seen a better clutch pitcher than Bum.........he is actually annoying with because Mike is fairly good with baseball talk.

I would take Bum but I am not taking him thinking he is going dominate 7/8 innings each start in the playoffs
I feel like Max still is close to his A game and would feel more confident with him in a playoff game in 2019!

Back to this move I am thinking Clint could be a goner

Stanton comes back Tuesday and Judge should too (by the way Stanton has been destroying the ball in these minor league games the last week)

So Stanton in left, Hicks in Center and Judge in RF and Edwin DH??????? Gardner fills in????

I honestly thought the Yankees would use the DH mostly for Stanton and have the guys rotate like Gary, and one of the IF since all are back

I guess the way they see you can never have to many hitters considering all the injures they have had

It really cost them nothing so no need for anybody to complain about it
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(06-16-2019, 12:00 AM)BDA73 Wrote:  Wonder if a Voigt/Frazier package for a big time starter is in the works

Unless it’s scherzer with an extension... not sure I’d want to package these two for any pitcher. I personally don’t think this effects voit. Encarnacion will only be here 3.5 months. Voit is still the 1b for now and the future.
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
(06-15-2019, 11:38 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(06-15-2019, 10:58 PM)BDA73 Wrote:  Sheets source at it again lol

Safe to say that 2019 is already the worst career year for sheets source(s).

I wonder if sheets’ source knows what sheets is doing posting/awake after 9:30pm, even on a Saturday.

I feel like Mickey mantle at the end of his career with bad knees. 2020 can’t come soon enough. Even I can admit I’ve had a “down year.”
 x 1 x 0
(06-16-2019, 11:27 AM)sheets316 Wrote:  
(06-15-2019, 11:38 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  Safe to say that 2019 is already the worst career year for sheets source(s).

I feel like Mickey mantle at the end of his career with bad knees. 2020 can’t come soon enough. Even I can admit I’ve had a “down year.”

If you were a horse....you would have been put down long ago.
 x 0 x 0
(06-16-2019, 11:24 AM)sheets316 Wrote:  

Unless it’s scherzer with an extension... not sure I’d want to package these two for any pitcher.  I personally don’t think this effects voit.  Encarnacion will only be here 3.5 months.  Voit is still the 1b for now and the future.

I didn't get the Voit part as well at all.....but can see Frazier or sure with a crowded OF and  Florial 
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
The Atlanta Braves are on fire!

Interested to see what Keuchel can do.

If they somehow can figure out their pen (their weak spot)....they can be dangerous....very dangerous.