Yankees to target Patrick Corbin this Winter
 x 0 x 0
Not really a big surprise, since Corbin is easily the best lefty available. He's from upstate NY, grew up a Yankee fan and has expressed a strong desire to pitch for them.

Corbin had his best season in 2018, going 11-7 with a 3.15 ERA for the Dimondbacks  Even more impressive, he struck out 246 batters vs only 48 walks in 200 innings, while yielding only 162 hits, which translates to a 1.05 WHIP. This is the guy I was hoping the Yankees would target during the season, but Arizona was asking for Torres or Andujar.

On the downside, it will take a lot of dough to land Corbin, but as we all know, this team is desperate for another top-of-the-rotation starter, so my guess is that a deal will get done. Corbin is 29, and should be in his prime for another 3 or 4 years.
If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
I would love Corbin and I think they’ll get this done.
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
Solid move. Still need more pitching.
 x 0 x 0
(10-13-2018, 09:12 PM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  Solid move. Still need more pitching.

With Didi probably set to miss the first half of next season, Torres probably moves to SS, his natural position. Unless, of course, the Yankees sign Manny to play shortstop. If so, when Didi gets back, Manny could move back to third base and Andujar could switch to 1B, where his glove won't be as big an issue.

That leaves the roster very light on lefty hitters, though, and I still think Harper would be a better fit than Manny.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
Hal better end the salary cap, or we will be also rans for a long time!
Game 7

Boone: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Boone: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
 x 0 x 0
Nice article on Corbin, with lots of analytics, if that's your thing.

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2018/10/16/17980836/yankees-offseason-starting-pitching-free-agents-patrick-corbin-cc-sabathia-ja-happ-diamondbacks

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
Pitching, Pitching! It's all about the Pitching! Homeruns wins some games, Pitching wins Championships!
Game 7

Boone: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Boone: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.