Yankees pull offer for Darvish
 x 0 x 0
Per ESPN, the Yankees had offered pitcher Yu Darvish a 170 million dollar, seven year deal, with the provision that he accept within 48 hours. When the Darvish camp failed to respond, the Yankees pulled the offer.

If this story is true, the Yankees may have dodged a bullet. That kind of offer to a 32 year old pitcher with a history of arm trouble sounds crazy to me, especially given the fact that he's won a total of 27 games over the last four seasons.

I'm not even convinced the ESPN story  is true.
If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
(01-12-2018, 09:42 PM)ancientyankee Wrote:  Per ESPN, the Yankees had offered pitcher Yu Darvish a 170 million dollar, seven year deal, with the provision that he accept within 48 hours. When the Darvish camp failed to respond, the Yankees pulled the offer.

If this story is true, the Yankees may have dodged a bullet. That kind of offer to a 32 year old pitcher with a history of arm trouble sounds crazy to me, especially given the fact that he's won a total of 27 games over the last four seasons.

That's an old story. happened awhile ago if the story is even true!
Game 7

Boone: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Boone: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
 x 0 x 0
(01-12-2018, 11:08 PM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  
(01-12-2018, 09:42 PM)ancientyankee Wrote:  Per ESPN, the Yankees had offered pitcher Yu Darvish a 170 million dollar, seven year deal, with the provision that he accept within 48 hours. When the Darvish camp failed to respond, the Yankees pulled the offer.

That's an old story. happened awhile ago if the story is even true!

Reported on the Michael Kay show yesterday. This morning there's a story about it on Pinstripe Alley. After initial denial, Darvish camp is now saying the Yankees did indeed make an offer, but the mentioned numbers are way off.

Yankees said to still be interested, but would have to find a way to shed salary to stay under the luxury tax cap.
If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
(01-13-2018, 12:52 PM)ancientyankee Wrote:  
(01-12-2018, 11:08 PM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  That's an old story. happened awhile ago if the story is even true!

Reported on the Michael Kay show yesterday. This morning there's a story about it on Pinstripe Alley. After initial denial, Darvish camp is now saying the Yankees did indeed make an offer, but the mentioned numbers are way off.

Yankees said to still be interested, but would have to find a way to shed salary to stay under the luxury tax cap.

I'm following the story on NYYFans.com Forum   
Game 7

Boone: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Boone: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
 x 0 x 0
(01-13-2018, 12:52 PM)ancientyankee Wrote:  
(01-12-2018, 11:08 PM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  That's an old story. happened awhile ago if the story is even true!

Glad to hear the numbers were “way off”. Seven years is absurd.
Da'Ron