Yankees Greatest Memories thread
 x 0 x 0
(03-29-2017, 07:21 AM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  Pettite pitched the home opener in the snow in '96.

And the "Snow Job" was born!        O_O
Game 7

Joe Girardi: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Joe Girardi: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
 x 0 x 0
Boone in the 11th (that whole game really) and an odd one, the Matsui grand slam at his first opening day. It was my senior year I remember cutting out early on a test to go home and getting there just in time to see it. lol
"Things! Excitement!"
 x 0 x 0
(03-29-2017, 07:21 AM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  Pettite pitched the home opener in the snow in '96.
I was there! During the game, Bob Sheppard announced that George was giving fans the opportunity to redeem the ticket stub for 1 of 3 dates later in the season. When i saw the 3 dates, it was a no brainer. May 14th vs the mariners. Fresh off the wildcard loss, i was ready for payback. That game was Doc Gooden's no hitter. Gerald Williams made a great running catch in the first inning to set the tone for the game.
"HOWEVER, I do believe every negative comment deserves a response, if we so choose." Redtrek
 x 0 x 0
(03-29-2017, 11:11 AM)ItsAdamCopeland Wrote:  Boone in the 11th (that whole game really) and an odd one, the Matsui grand slam at his first opening day. It was my senior year I remember cutting out early on a test to go home and getting there just in time to see it. lol

I was at the Matsui grand slam game. I had a long run of home openers going back to when Ed Whitson pitched the home opener back in '85 up until maybe 10 years ago. 
"HOWEVER, I do believe every negative comment deserves a response, if we so choose." Redtrek
 x 0 x 0
(03-29-2017, 12:43 PM)hustler07 Wrote:  
(03-29-2017, 11:11 AM)ItsAdamCopeland Wrote:  Boone in the 11th (that whole game really) and an odd one, the Matsui grand slam at his first opening day. It was my senior year I remember cutting out early on a test to go home and getting there just in time to see it. lol

I was at the Matsui grand slam game. I had a long run of home openers going back to when Ed Whitson pitched the home opener back in '85 up until maybe 10 years ago. 

I remember it being or at least looking unseasonably cold that day. Baseball because of its pacing seems like it would be a hard thing to enjoy in really cold weather though the Matsui grandslam seemed to get he stadium popping. It was a cool moment.
"Things! Excitement!"
 x 0 x 0
(03-29-2017, 07:21 AM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  Pettite pitched the home opener in the snow in '96.
Because i was at that game we got free tickets from the yankees we got to witness this....
https://youtu.be/jyW69eg39hQ

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
 x 2 x 0
(03-29-2017, 12:40 PM)hustler07 Wrote:  
I was there! During the game, Bob Sheppard announced that George was giving fans the opportunity to redeem the ticket stub for 1 of 3 dates later in the season. When i saw the 3 dates, it was a no brainer. May 14th vs the mariners. Fresh off the wildcard loss, i was ready for payback. That game was Doc Gooden's no hitter. Gerald Williams made a great running catch in the first inning to set the tone for the game.

I too was there for opening day. I was with a friend of mine who was a huge Ken Griffey Jr. fan. The deal was that you had to come back to the Stadium at another time to choose the tickets. My friend said he would trek in and i told him what ever game he wants to go to would be fine with me. So he choose the May 14th game because it was the M's. Well a day before the game my friend calls me up saying he cant go because his religion softball team was in the playoffs and that i should bring who ever i wanted to go.

I was then dating my wife who had never gone to a game, she never really followed baseball but went anyways.

I always keep score when I go to the game. So right around the 6th my gf says to me..this game is boring this other team hasn't even gotten a hit..i gave her a death stare....by the 8th inning people around me were asking questions on who was coming up for the M's ...my girlfriend kept on questioning me why people were getting so excited..another death stare...

After it ended I explained to her and she was so embarrassed lol

I eventually got to meet Dwight at an autograph signing and had him sign my score card.
 x 0 x 0
(03-29-2017, 04:46 PM)BDA73 Wrote:  
(03-29-2017, 12:40 PM)hustler07 Wrote:  I was there! During the game, Bob Sheppard announced that George was giving fans the opportunity to redeem the ticket stub for 1 of 3 dates later in the season. When i saw the 3 dates, it was a no brainer. May 14th vs the mariners. Fresh off the wildcard loss, i was ready for payback. That game was Doc Gooden's no hitter. Gerald Williams made a great running catch in the first inning to set the tone for the game.

I too was there for opening day. I was with a friend of mine who was a huge Ken Griffey Jr. fan. The deal was that you had to come back to the Stadium at another time to choose the tickets. My friend said he would trek in and i told him what ever game he wants to go to would be fine with me. So he choose the May 14th game because it was the M's. Well a day before the game my friend calls me up saying he cant go because his religion softball team was in the playoffs and that i should bring who ever i wanted to go.

I was then dating my wife who had never gone to a game, she never really followed baseball but went anyways.

I always keep score when I go to the game. So right around the 6th my gf says to me..this game is boring this other team hasn't even gotten a hit..i gave her a death stare....by the 8th inning people around me were asking questions on who was coming up for the M's ...my girlfriend kept on questioning me why people were getting so excited..another death stare...

After it ended I explained to her and she was so embarrassed lol

I eventually got to meet Dwight at an autograph signing and had him sign my score card.

Funny, I had at least 6 tickets and could only get one of my friends to go with me. We ended up taking a couple of girls who we were friends with and one of them was at their first game too. Was that Arod or Edgar Martinez who hit the deep fly ball in the first that Gerald made the play on?
 x 0 x 0
As major underdogs to come back and win 3 straight must win games to defeat the WS favorites Cleveland Indians in 2017.
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 1 x 0
I remember when we got the Babe from Boston, I thought we paid to much!        O_O
Game 7

Joe Girardi: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Joe Girardi: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
 x 0 x 0
Nobody goes there anymore....it's too crowded.
VIVA la TANK!!