With the 8th pick in the draft
05-20-2017, 07:08 PM,
 x 1  x 0 
(05-20-2017, 06:48 PM)jcharding Wrote:  OK, one placed I broke it down is here on page 25 of the 2015 draft thread.
http://www.fieldchatter.com/forum/Thread-2015-NBA-Draft-Thread?page=25&highlight=euro

It continues on page 26 as well.

OVerall what I found is that Euros in the lottery are rare, and their success fail rate mirror that of domestic products. The whole Euro-bust thing was then and remains now a myth.

The other aspect of this is that Ntilikina is a black French basketball player. If you look at the guys that fit that criteria, most of the guys drafted have exceeded their draft position:

Tony Parker - 28th pick
Rudy Gobert - 27th pick
Boris Diaw - 21st pick
Ian Mahimi - 28th pick
Nic Batum - 25th pick
Alexis Ajinca - 20th pick
Rodrigue Beaubois - 25th pick
Kevin Seraphin - 17th pick
Tim Luwawu Cabarrot - 24th pick

These guys come from a country where you don't play basketball unless you are really tall or you love the game or both. Most guys end up playing soccer.
05-20-2017, 07:16 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
The guy I'd take over Ntilikina or Smith would be Monk. There's a chance he's still there at 8 and a lot of mocks have him going to the Knicks.
05-20-2017, 08:29 PM,
RE: With the 8th pick in the draft
 x 0  x 0 
I say pick Smith. Shit, if we had a top 5 pick I would be calling for us to pick Smith. I like the French kid, think he can be a George Hill type player. However that kid Isaac has to be the pick over him unless you guys have the thought process that he won't beavailable still.
Be careful with your words.
Once they are said,
they can only be
forgiven,
not forgotten.
05-21-2017, 01:08 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
I really think it's a long shot that the Knicks draft Smith. He's a score first PG who is undersized and relies heavily on his athleticism. To top it all off he has already torn his ACL. While he has a ton of potential, one could argue that there is AS much risk with him as Ntilikina. I think his best case scenario is Kyle Lowry but it's more realistic to see his path being on par with Bledsoe.

Ntilikina is more of an unknown. There aren't many guys you could compare to him. I think George Hill is probably the best comparison, but I think he has a higher ceiling. Maybe a pre-injury Shawn Livingston? What I like about him is that we are seeing a trend of positionless players who are thriving in the NBA. Giannis, Draymond, and even KP to a degree. I feel like Frank fits that mold.

Monk is the safest bet. He has a defined skill. He can light it up. I think if he worked on his ball handling he could be one of the best players in the draft. He's the lowest hanging fruit if he's still available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
05-21-2017, 01:36 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
you might be right about the positionless players but we will see on june 22nd what happens...scoring pg's are a big need in the NBA especially for playoff teams that have success....lets see what boston does in these next 2 games without IT their scoring pg

"P Y P" pick your poison Beckham,marshall or shepard

05-21-2017, 02:05 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
How is Smith undersized as a point guard?  He's the same size as Monk, who is a shooting guard?  So don't draft Smith cause he's undersized when he isn't and draft the truly undersized Monk, makes no sense homey.

05-21-2017, 02:51 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(05-21-2017, 02:05 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  How is Smith undersized as a point guard?  He's the same size as Monk, who is a shooting guard?  So don't draft Smith cause he's undersized when he isn't and draft the truly undersized Monk, makes no sense homey.

To be honest, I don't trust his listed height. My eyes tell me something different. Maybe it's his short legs and arms. Or maybe it's his stocky build. When I see him, I see Nate Robinson.
8 hours ago,
 x 0  x 0 
Both SI and ESPN have Smith going to the Knicks in their latest mocks.
7 hours ago,
 x 0  x 0 
(8 hours ago)jcharding Wrote:  Both SI and ESPN have Smith going to the Knicks in their latest mocks.

yeah not bad at all not bad at all

"P Y P" pick your poison Beckham,marshall or shepard