Wish me luck
 x 0 x 0
(06-12-2019, 11:25 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  Good news is the city of Boston suffers tonight

Truth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 x 0 x 0
(06-13-2019, 12:58 AM)mrf16 Wrote:  
(06-12-2019, 11:25 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  Well there goes that.......should have hedged it some first rule of gambling 101 don't be to greedy...a mistake bet open the door once we got to this last game to hedge it....got to greedy

Should have taken my $100!

Should have taken the $600

Take your Hundred and send it to D%B for his PFF collection and get something of value with it
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(06-13-2019, 01:01 AM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  
(06-13-2019, 12:58 AM)mrf16 Wrote:  Should have taken my $100!

Should have taken the $600

Take your Hundred and send it to D%B for his PFF collection and get something of value with it

"Should have taken the $600"

Fuck that! You did right by holding on to it as it stood. I am not going to claim to know you personally, but I'd be willing to bet a whole lot more than $100 that you are not going to put money up that you cannot afford to lose. I just do not see your bills or babies if you have any being neglected or going without behind any move you make.

Besides, you need to understand your luck as a Jets fan, if you would have taken the $600, Boston would have won 10 - 0 LOL
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
 x 0 x 0
True but I stll would have had 600(minus 200 for bets) and net up 400

Technically down 200

So...but yeah i would have made the same decision in this exact situation 10 of 10 times

Every situation is different

I put a bet in game MLB(tonight around 9:30) and took Seattle i believe in third inning of a 0-0 game against Twins at +205

Brewers I think in 6th down by one against Astros at +210

and Pirates down by 1 against Braves in same inning (6th) at +155

20 bucks on a 3 game parlay in game at +2311 odds(to win 480)...Seattle won and the other 2 games when to extra innings..Brew finally won in 14th so i won thw first 2 legs and in top of 11 with Bell out and 2 outs nobody on base I took the cash out option at $159 thinking Braves have last at bats in that inning and at that point unless Bell hit a blast Braves had the much better chance to win...cashed out at the $159 instead of waiting to see if Pitt would win third leg for me...Bell got out and Braves finished in bottom of 11th....I turned 20 into 159 because I wasn't greed...every situation is different and again that same situation and how I felt about Boston and the pay out with one last game I was ok with not hedging shit (basically taking 600 from a friend for one of those tickets is exactly that.

I got a couple day one bets in for tomorrow at the US open...to lead after day one took Phil at +5000, Jordan at +3300 and to finish top 5 at +5500 a kid name Collin Morikawa.....major under dog but the course and where this is being played fits his game.....major sleeper to do well in day one before the nerves get best of him.
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 1 x 1
Good luck
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
 x 0 x 1

(06-13-2019, 02:53 AM)Litefghtr Wrote:  Good luck

Attached Files Image(s)

If you choose to pull the trigger,
should your drama prove sincere.
Do it somewhere far away from here.

x 0 x 0
Sorry Tom, but I'm very happy the Blues won. I actually used to root for them back in the Brett Hull days. I guess this is as close as I'll get to one of my teams winning a title.

Zen's advice was pretty strong.
 x 0 x 0
(06-12-2019, 07:00 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  
(06-12-2019, 05:56 PM)ZenMaster Wrote:  Why not bet $1,000 on the Blues?

Boston wins you make over $1,000

Blues win you make slightly less than $1,000. Either way you win.

Because I am being greedy with the fact that I am really confident Boston will win and 2400 sounds better

It's an excitement too.....something about picking a winner before the playoffs that is not one of the Favs....one game away now and they are fav 

I am that guy in a fantasy league when you make the finals for example in let's say a league that pays out 1200 in finals for first and 600 for second and that guys says let's split 1800- 900 each where  I counter how about 1800 all for winner and 0 for second........it's just more thrilling I guess or just being greedy with a bet

This post screams “I’m an addict”. Hahaha j/k Sorry to hear you lost money but I root against Boston teams. Zen’s advice was brilliant.
"Are we even Laing? "
 x 1 x 0
If Boston won it would have not been brilliant

It happens

Boston was the favor going into last night....That is why I stuck with it...That is also why I had a friend who offered 600 for one of the tickets.......because Boston was the fav

It is easy after the fact to say "should have" if Boston won you prob would have came on here and said good call to stick with them all the way

You're an addict in anything if it effects your life.....never has and I am well ahead for the year.....I dont know if I mentioned on this thread but I have a cousin he is a hell of a picker, but horrible gambler(not knowing when to step back and when to roll with) he wins big he goes harder and harder.....nobody can survive like that

I have cashed out ( I dont think many are familiar who you can now cash out a bet before result is over when I saw an enough of a profit from original bet when I thought it made sense....That play Zen spoke of I actually brought up before he did (We call it a hedged bet) so I was considering it, but if I never made that bet in April and I was to bet last night with one game left in a game 7 between those two teams I would have went with Boston....so I was not hedging it because I have confidence Boston would win...(which we know they didn't) now if I was up in the air or even swaying towards Blues def would have

With that said.....I would be lying if I said i rather not have 2400 last night....but now that it is done I hate Boston anything so I am not that worked and I just picked Boston before the playoffs because I liked the odds and thought they had a chance....non betting like all of you on here I would root for the Blues and I love the story with that little girl they been rallying behind.....my winning last night was a mear personal interest but peanuts to the story of Laila!!!!!

FYI I would never bet usually bet for Sox, Pats or Celtics to win big one.....because I hate them that much but I am actually a big fan of Yankees, Jets and Knicks.....I am not a big fan of any hockey team so I could care less.....but still can now be a tad happy the city of Boston loss
 x 1 x 0
Well at least Toronto won for me
To bad it was only +230 and a 50 dollar bet only(paying back 175) but I'll take it

Attached Files Image(s)