Who would be best matchup for Trump?
 x 0 x 0
Who would be best matchup for Trump?  Meaning  who would give Trump best chance of winning 2020?  Let's stick to  3 candidates who realistically have a shot at winning the Dem Primary:  Biden, Warren, Harris (i don't think bernie has any shot - he had his chance in 2016, and now trending downward in every poll).

My thought:

1) Warren:  Weakest link;  lying about Indian heritage would be a death blow in general election - she will never hear the end of it from Trump.  

2) Biden:   better than warren ... politically clumsy, and you can visibly see he gets tired

3)  Harris - i think strongest out of 3 .. because she is #1 black, #2 women and #3 can be forceful 
 x 0 x 0
Biden, would be my choice.
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

x 0 x 0
My mom
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 2 x 0
(07-12-2019, 11:03 AM)sheets316 Wrote:  My mom

Or your source?
 x 0 x 0
(07-12-2019, 11:12 AM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(07-12-2019, 11:03 AM)sheets316 Wrote:  My mom

Or your source?

Well done Sir!
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
 x 0 x 0
Who cares. Trump can't lose to anyone the Democrats put up there. That party took the leap off the diving board after Trump won the 2016 election. Right now they are treading water in the deep end of the pool. 2020 election was over before it ever started.
What do we care more about, children or money? How come we have armed guards in banks protecting the money and there's no one in schools protecting the kids.

I survived Fieldchatter Y2K! January 11th, 2019
 x 0 x 0
(07-14-2019, 02:11 PM)Runway JET Wrote:  Who cares. Trump can't lose to anyone the Democrats put up there. That party took the leap off the diving board after Trump won the 2016 election. Right now they are treading water in the deep end of the pool. 2020 election was over before it ever started.

He definitely can, and I bet he'll be underdog.   You can put any idiots out there as Dem - the electorate map favors a Dem.  Plus MSM is fully on board with Dem and working 24x7 to destroy Trump.

By no means anyone should think Trump easily wins.   Keys to Trump success i think:
   #1. economy staying strong
   #2. stock market being stable & rising (millions like me rely on stock market/401K to build for retirement) - keep stock market humming, and he gets millions in votes
   #3.  staying out of major foreign conflicts 
 x 0 x 0
(07-14-2019, 02:57 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(07-14-2019, 02:11 PM)Runway JET Wrote:  Who cares. Trump can't lose to anyone the Democrats put up there. That party took the leap off the diving board after Trump won the 2016 election. Right now they are treading water in the deep end of the pool. 2020 election was over before it ever started.

He definitely can, and I bet he'll be underdog.   You can put any idiots out there as Dem - the electorate map favors a Dem.  Plus MSM is fully on board with Dem and working 24x7 to destroy Trump.

By no  means anyone should think Trump easily wins.   Keys to Trump success i think:
   #2. stock market being stable & rising (millions like me rely on stock market/401K to build for retirement) - keep stock market humming, and he gets millions in votes

That was the same exact scenario 3 years ago, except NOONE thought Trump would win. Three years ago the electoral map favored the Democrats, MSM was 100% on board with Hillary, and Trump was an underdog.

If you think he is the underdog next year it's because you don't think he's done anything worth mentioning these past 3 years. Either that or he'd have to be involved in a huge scandal.
 x 0 x 0
Shady

If you rely heavily on the stock market for your retirement... You should love Obama.. The stock market more than doubled in 8 years... Tremendous growth...

But you never sing his praises for all of the fucking money he made for you.
I might not change the world, but I sure won't ever let it change me. P.S.
 x 0 x 0
(07-14-2019, 03:44 PM)Runway JET Wrote:  
(07-14-2019, 02:57 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  He definitely can, and I bet he'll be underdog.   You can put any idiots out there as Dem - the electorate map favors a Dem.  Plus MSM is fully on board with Dem and working 24x7 to destroy Trump.

By no  means anyone should think Trump easily wins.   Keys to Trump success i think:

That was the same exact scenario 3 years ago, except NOONE thought Trump would win. Three years ago the electoral map favored the Democrats, MSM was 100% on board with Hillary, and Trump was an underdog.

If you think he is the underdog next year it's because you don't think he's done anything worth mentioning these past 3 years. Either that or he'd have to be involved in a huge scandal.

Actually i thought Trump would win ... you could see the old threads, I was optimistic that upset is brewing, and day before election I stated Trump is winning PA (there was a massive rally around midnight - that convinced me PA is flipping).

The reason i think he'll be underdog is that MSM coverage is 90% negative.  I've co-worker convinced Russia helped him win - despite any proof - MSM constant barrage/fake news - can get lot of low info voters.

Again I'm optimistic Trump will win in 2020 - but I don't think it is nearly slam dunk.  The biggest obstacle for me was Muller witch hunt - that is over - so I am optimistic.   But the maps strongly favor Dem - and they started all these "ballot harvesting" & other shady stuff - that worries me.
 x 0 x 0
Barry took over

1) when year before DOW had an abrupt/panic 33% drop .. so normal rebound to offset that was coming
2) barry had slew of Fed red cuts ..
3) barry had two enormous $1T x 2 stimulus going into economy
4) barry dared not to even touch any trade deals - his low energy eonomcy would've tanked

Despite all of that - these are the last 3 years of Obama Dow Returns:

2014: 7.52%
2015: -2.23%
2016: 13.4%

And look at the graph .. 2016 was going to be a flat year for Obama ... until November when Trump pulls and upset, and DOW immediately shoots up.

This is the crappy situation Obama handed over to Trump .... and Trump turned it around overnight - right away from the day he won the election.

Etrius cannot accept reality - Obama sucked as far as economy/stockmarket - he was clueless.
http://quotes.morningstar.com/indexquote/quote.html?t=0P00001FJG
 x 0 x 0
For LYING ETRIUS ...

2016 DOW numbers ... flat till day of election ...

Jan 1 2016: DOW 18,414.30
Nov 8 2016: DOW 18,400.50

Dec 31 2016: DOW 19,762.60

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EDJI/history?period1=1468468800&period2=1483160400&interval=1d&filter=history&frequency=1d

SO Trump's take Obama's sputtering Stock markets for 3 years .. and within 1st months of his win - even before he steps into office - returns 13%. That is more than Obama's last 3 years in office LOL

And then his 1st full year Trump follows up with 25% DOW return.

ONLY LYING ETRIUS CANNOT HANDLE THE TRUTH
 x 0 x 0
I actually didn't notice this before .. recapping for Fraudster Etrius:

Obama Dow return for last 3 years office = roughly 5% ... that's in 3 years. Till Trump gets elected in early Nov - and year ends DOW being up 13% lol. So Trump did better in 1 month then barry managed to do in his last 3 years in office!!

Again i saw - Obama low energy economy is NOT EVEN IN SAME BALL PARK as Trump's economy
 x 0 x 0
Shady

Here is a good read on the stock market and returns under trump and Obama.

https://fortune.com/2019/06/03/stock-market-trump-obama-sp-500/
 x 0 x 0
Quote from article:

When it comes to talking himself up, Trump in particular has compared himself to Barack Obama. So, how do the two presidents measure up in terms of growth in major indexes, measured between their inauguration and May 31 of their third year in office?

The short answer is that Trump has quite a way to go. Under Obama, the S&P 500 grew by 56.4%. The Dow Jones Industrials Average was up 50.6% and the Nasdaq, 92.9%.

The numbers under Trump were 21.4% for the S&P 500, 25.2% for the Dow, and 34.2% for Nasdaq.

Shady?????
 x 0 x 0
SHady

Not only did the market double under Obama... It almost tripled....

Link fact checking this

https://checkyourfact.com/2017/08/02/fact-check-did-the-stock-market-nearly-triple-under-obama/
 x 0 x 0
(07-14-2019, 04:55 PM)Etrius24 Wrote:  Quote from article:

When it comes to talking himself up, Trump in particular has compared himself to Barack Obama. So, how do the two presidents measure up in terms of growth in major indexes, measured between their inauguration and May 31 of their third year in office?

The short answer is that Trump has quite a way to go. Under Obama, the S&P 500 grew by 56.4%. The Dow Jones Industrials Average was up 50.6% and the Nasdaq, 92.9%.

The numbers under Trump were 21.4% for the S&P 500, 25.2% for the Dow, and 34.2% for Nasdaq.

Shady?????

LYING ETRIUS ...
  #1)  So we are counting 1st 3 years under Obama, not how he left the country in last 3 years?
  #2)  If we are counting 1st 3 years ... should we count Obama's unemployment rate in 1st 3 years?  Around 8% or 9% lol?  3.7% unemployment is better than 8% ... even bernie bros should get it
 #3)  Why would you pick till May 31st?   Did Etrius sleep through June and july?    DOW is up lot more than 25% since Trump took office.
  #4)  Why do you want to steal 13% return from Trump - those return came after Trump won election - where as right before that Obama stock market was flat for 11 months.  ... 

Obama 1st 3 years (full calendar years) - DOW was up around 38% - if you don't try to rig the numbers and cherry pick a random month.  And Trump so far is 34% up (with about 5 months to go) ... despite.  And i didn't even count the 13% or so DOW move up right after he got elected for the nov-dec 2016.  All of that on top of:
     - taking 6 rate hikes
     - heavy tariffs to resolve trade issue

No matter how you measure it .... Trump beats Obama in every category when it comes to economy/stock market

Barry just sucked at economy - no way to hide it
 x 0 x 0
Holy Fuck Shady you are dumb

we can only compare Obama and trump for three years because that is all trump has been in office.

Please tell me you understand this????
 x 0 x 0
(07-14-2019, 08:24 PM)Etrius24 Wrote:  Holy Fuck Shady you are dumb

we can only compare Obama and trump for three years because that is all trump has been in office.

Please tell me you understand this????

Holy FUCK LYING ETRIUS:
   - If you're going to pick first 3 years of Obama, why  cherry pick middle of 3rd year in May ... pick the whole year you idiot.
   - If you consider Trump's term .. got to count till last week you idiot - when you compare stock market.  
   - If you're picking Obama's 1st 3 years - let's also look at 8% unemployment rate under Obama - Trump is running at 3.7%.  In other words .. Trump is beating Obama by 2 to 1 lol - Etrius is too stupid to get it.

x 0 x 0
I did not write these articles Shady...

Please tell me you understand this.

So if I post articles talking about the economy up to 2 months ago... That is not me cherry picking.

Unless you can find the same article with the same criteria written for statistics up to today????

Every number in the article I posted regarding the stock market shows it performing much better under Obama than trump

So instead of talking about the stock market you go back to the unemployment rate... (Which is all you ever do. ) And you accuse the author of the article of cherry picking.

That is not cherry picking you fucking idiot.

The author of the article did not cherry pick anything.

Now it is apparent you do not understand what cherry picking is...

What a surprise you throwing out yet more terms and ideas that you do not understand.