Who's your pick
12-04-2019, 12:24 PM,
Who's your pick
 x 0  x 0 
We end up picking 6th and the board falls like this (wirfs and espensa go back to school)

1. Bengals - Burrow QB
2. Skins - Young DE
3. Giants - Thomas OT
4. lions - Herbert QB
5. Bucs - Okudah CB
6. Dolphins -

here is your best available

Tua - QB - do you take this risk on him not ever being the same? and are u fine with him not starting until 2021?

Juedy WR - not a huge need but probably BPA, him Parker and Williams is nice

Fulton CB - probably a big reach he's more in the 10-15 range but he would be our #2 CB if we don't get one in FA

Simmons LB - great LB but with baker, mcmillian and eveguan and biegel all playing decent do you take him and who's spot does he take since there's only so many snaps to go around ?

leatherwood OT - reach here, could be had 10-15 But he's the next best tackle

Brown DT - monster player, will help the run game but does it bother u going DT back to back years with no edge rushers?

fromm?
love??

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
12-04-2019, 12:27 PM,
Who's your pick
 x 1  x 0 
For me it's easy, I roll the dice with Tua..

but if Tuas medicals are trash I go with Derrick Brown DT

we can't stop the run.. brown is a space eater and penetrates, he can play both 3-4 and 4-3 like Wilkins,

watch him vs Alabama, he destroys people sometimes even if he's doubled.

and I'm a believer in building from the inside out.

a LB like Simmons would be nice but a LB doesn't help you if your lineman can't hold blocks.

a LB doesn't make your dline better, but a dline can make your LBs better.

Juedy is intriguing.. I would strongly consider, but I think DT is more important than WR

12-04-2019, 12:33 PM,
RE: Who's your pick
 x 0  x 0 
Unless something comes up with Tua's injury, I hope we pick him first.
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
12-04-2019, 12:34 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Nate,
Like I said before. I worry about Bama quarterbacks. Mac Jones is putting up good numbers in Tua's absence. I like Tua, but I wonder how much is it because Bama is a great team. I would go with Brown if we pick in that spot, but I'm hoping for at least two spots higher.
12-04-2019, 12:48 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
I would take Tua and give him that year to recover

I loved when the Cowboys drafted Jaylon Smith in round 2 and gave him the time he needed to come back and be the stud he is.....granted that is like comparing apples and oranges, non QB and was round 2....but if they believe TUA is special and it looks like he can recover fully, but he will need some time....draft him, and hopefully suck enough to have back to back drafts of great top of the draft picks and a lot of them....you guys can really at least put the pieces in play for him to come back and succeed in the 2021 season.
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
12-04-2019, 01:11 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Things change

As of today it is that or Simmons

I think Higgins is special worth gambling he is there with the Steelers pick if we want to add a play making wr.
I might not change the world, but I sure won't ever let it change me. P.S.
12-04-2019, 01:25 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-04-2019, 12:24 PM)nategonzalez79 Wrote:  We end up picking 6th and the board falls like this (wirfs and espensa go back to school)

1. Bengals - Burrow QB
2. Skins - Young DE
3. Giants - Thomas OT
4. lions - Herbert QB
5. Bucs - Okudah CB
6. Dolphins -

here is your best available

Tua - QB - do you take this risk on him not ever being the same? and are u fine with him not starting until 2021?

Juedy WR - not a huge need but probably BPA, him Parker and Williams is nice

Fulton CB - probably a big reach he's more in the 10-15 range but he would be our #2 CB if we don't get one in FA

Simmons LB - great LB but with baker, mcmillian and eveguan and biegel all playing decent do you take him and who's spot does he take since there's only so many snaps to go around ?

leatherwood OT - reach here, could be had 10-15 But he's the next best tackle

Brown DT - monster player, will help the run game but does it bother u going DT back to back years with no edge rushers?

fromm?
love??

The answer is Tua......I don't think we are picking 6 tho, I would say more like 4
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor

Amat Victoria Praeparatio
12-04-2019, 01:25 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-04-2019, 12:34 PM)Murph Wrote:  Nate,
Like I said before. I worry about Bama quarterbacks. Mac Jones is putting up good numbers in Tua's absence. I like Tua, but I wonder how much is it because Bama is a great team. I would go with Brown if we pick in that spot, but I'm hoping for at least two spots higher.

I was thinking about this on the way to work today.  I think Saban was so stupid to play him injured against ole miss I think it was where he hurt his hip.  They should have sit him for that game and the bullshit highschool team they played the next week.  I really would have liked to see him play against Auburn.  Course who knows what would have happened but it would have been nice to see him play against an elite defense like them. 
12-04-2019, 01:51 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
I think we’ll know by the draft whether Tua will recover and you take him, but since this is hypothetical let’s assume he’s an unknown.

I think you go BPA and take Juedy. I know we all creamed ourselves over Parker and Williams but they are still unknown quantities. Even if Parker has another 1000 yard season next year does anyone feel comfortable giving him 15+ million a year? Juedy is a beast and gives us a potential 4 headed monster.

I think you then go Oline with the next two picks, filling in whatever gaps we have leftover from FA and take someone like Love with our second rounder. His upside is worth the gamble.

Sitting at 6 with Juedy on the board isn’t that bad of a situation because I have a feeling a team will trade up for him despite the depth of receivers in this draft, he’s that good. He’s the best player in this draft after Chase Young.
12-04-2019, 01:55 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-04-2019, 01:51 PM)dhouse82 Wrote:  I think we’ll know by the draft whether Tua will recover and you take him, but since this is hypothetical let’s assume he’s an unknown.

I think you go BPA and take Juedy. I know we all creamed ourselves over Parker and Williams but they are still unknown quantities. Even if Parker has another 1000 yard season next year does anyone feel comfortable giving him 15+ million a year? Juedy is a beast and gives us a potential 4 headed monster.

I think you then go Oline with the next two picks, filling in whatever gaps we have leftover from FA and take someone like Love with our second rounder. His upside is worth the gamble.

Sitting at 6 with Juedy on the board isn’t that bad of a situation because I have a feeling a team will trade up for him despite the depth of receivers in this draft, he’s that good. He’s the best player in this draft after Chase Young.

Ahhhhh man, I don't know about that.....not excited to take Jeudy that high, like I said I think we pick better than 6. Id rather over draft a QB than reach for a WR
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor

Amat Victoria Praeparatio
12-04-2019, 01:58 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
It would be a complete debacle if Miami ended up drafting a WR as their first pick in the 2020 draft

Fitz really fucked you guys ...It could be a blessing for you guys Tua got hurt and still end up getting him...sure it will suck waiting a year, but worth it
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
12-04-2019, 02:09 PM,
Who's your pick
 x 0  x 0 
I hear wr is deep this year too
12-04-2019, 02:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2019, 02:19 PM by dhouse82.)
 x 0  x 0 
(12-04-2019, 01:58 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  It would be a complete debacle if Miami ended up drafting a WR as their first pick in the 2020 draft

Fitz really fucked you guys ...It could be a blessing for you guys Tua got hurt and still end up getting him...sure it will suck waiting a year, but worth it

I’m just going with the spirit of the question which is asking who we take if Tua is a no go. Obviously I want Tua and we’ll just have to wait and see about his hip. However if he is healthy then I don’t think Herbert will go before him.

To Tay who doesn’t think we’ll be picking at six, I agree, we might be picking higher. Our remaining schedule is trash and if we’re good enough to beat Philly we are good enough to beat pretty much everyone remaining outside the Pats.

Good news is Eli is starting for the Giants now. Jones hurt his ankle.
12-04-2019, 02:20 PM,
Who's your pick
 x 0  x 0 
Im still holding out that shitspatrick will show up
12-04-2019, 02:22 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-04-2019, 01:11 PM)Etrius24 Wrote:  Things change

As of today it is that or Simmons

I think Higgins is special worth gambling he is there with the Steelers pick if we want to add a play making wr.

Damn auto correct on my phone.... It does not like the word Tua.   Tua or Simmons.  As of right now today.... But there is a lot of time before the draft.   Tua is going to have 47 doctors examine every inch of his body... and we will have the bowl games coming... Pro days combines... etc...
12-04-2019, 02:22 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
I mean it is one thing if you guys get Chase over the inured QB and I love Jeudy as I been targeting him or A Thomas for Jets all year (though I believe we will not pick high enough to get) I moved on to Jackson (USC tackle) or Lamb
12-04-2019, 02:23 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
No way Chase is falling to us... He will not last past the #2 pick
12-04-2019, 02:25 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
I think Ceedee Lamb is the best WR.  And Sheets tells me his brother, DeeVeeDee Lamb is even better ha ha ha

I don't know what is funnier, that or the Real Wives of Fieldchatter, LOL
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

12-04-2019, 02:31 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-04-2019, 02:23 PM)Etrius24 Wrote:  No way Chase is falling to us... He will not last past the #2 pick

I keep forgetting you guys slid your way out of top 3 pick 
12-04-2019, 02:35 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-04-2019, 02:25 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  I think Ceedee Lamb is the best WR.  And Sheets tells me his brother, DeeVeeDee Lamb is even better ha ha ha

I don't know what is funnier, that or the Real Wives of Fieldchatter, LOL

Please tell me that is a fucking joke...

DEEVEEDEE

LMAO