Uh oh...hype train rolling
 x 0 x 0
(08-17-2019, 02:43 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  
(08-17-2019, 01:44 PM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  Darnold is the greatest draft pick in 40 years!!!

Yeah not even a worthy debate 

Too early to proclaim Darnold best Jets draft pick. Shit value wise Revis was drafted mid to late 1st rd and was shut down corner for this team for years.

I do believe the hype though . Darnold should have a breakout year this season. He has the weapons. I just hope the O line holds up. I really like the Tony Romo comp. Darnold reminds me a lot of Romo in regard to his ability to improvise and make plays when pocket breaks down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 x 1 x 0
(08-18-2019, 10:52 PM)Scippo Wrote:  
(08-17-2019, 02:43 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  Yeah not even a worthy debate 

Too early to proclaim Darnold best Jets draft pick.  Shit value wise Revis was drafted mid to late 1st rd and was shut down corner for this team for years.  

I do believe the hype though . Darnold should have a breakout year this season. He has the weapons. I just hope the O line holds up.  I really like the Tony Romo comp. Darnold reminds me a lot of Romo in regard to his ability to improvise and make plays when pocket breaks down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREATEST PICK EVER!!! Yush
 x 0 x 0
(08-17-2019, 11:46 AM)Runway JET Wrote:  Should be. Jets offense is going to be dynamite this year.

The D will be shit.
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
 x 0 x 0
(08-19-2019, 01:19 AM)Limpbiz Wrote:  
(08-17-2019, 11:46 AM)Runway JET Wrote:  Should be. Jets offense is going to be dynamite this year.

The D will be shit.

Perhaps, but the offense will be good so we should be in most games we play. Might be in a couple of shootouts, but overall I have faith in Gregg Williams and the defense.
What do we care more about, children or money? How come we have armed guards in banks protecting the money and there's no one in schools protecting the kids.

I survived Fieldchatter Y2K! January 11th, 2019
 x 0 x 0
(08-17-2019, 05:45 PM)markdsully Wrote:  
(08-17-2019, 04:43 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  I don't think the Jets are winning the SB this year lol, and def agree overall we are not talented on offensive side

My excitement is more with Darnold and him taking big strides and being very good with what he has

He has the make up to make avg players around him better and most important thing this year for him is just let him play this year (unleash) and he continue to grow........L Bell really is the only elite talent he has and to be fair I been a little rough on Robbie.....he might be able to make Robbie into a pretty good WR

I think I am eyeing 2020 season as the season I expect to see him make a push deep into playoffs (AFC title game at the very least) and at that time he will still only be freaking 23 

Says a lot that the offense has looked as good as it has w/o it’s most talented skill player. I actually rather not see Bell in preseason action. Save that dynamic for regular season.

I liked that the had a scripted play in the red zone for Robby. They need to see if he can perform in an expanded role before offering him a contract.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-announce-le-veon-bell-will-not-play-in-the-preseason

New Jets running back Le’Veon Bell won’t see any game action until the regular season starts.

“We will be holding him until the season,” head coach Adam Gase told reporters Sunday night following the team’s Green & White practice. “I was about 99% sure heading into the season, it was all based off how he practiced, conditioned, those types of things. We talked about it before we started. I told him, ‘We wanted to increase the reps last week,’ and we’re going to do the same thing this week where we just get him as game-ready as possible because he’s not really going to know until we get in a real game.”

The last time Bell played in a preseason game was for the Steelers back in 2016. The following year, he didn’t see game action until the regular season and then he sat out the entire 2018 campaign. But the 6’1”, 225-pound star back has repeated throughout the summer that he will be fine with whatever workload the Jets give him.

"I want to do whatever Coach Gase wants me to do," he said after a practice last week. "If he asks me to play, I'm going to go out there and play. If he tells me not to, tells me to rest, I'm going to do that. ... I'm going to do whatever's best for my team."

The Jets have continued to increase Bell’s workload on the practice field throughout camp. Sunday’s touches during practice will be the last for Bell at MetLife Stadium until the Jets host the Bills in the regular-season opener on Sep. 8.

“I feel like he’s in great shape, he’s been contacting about as good as anybody on the practice field. I feel confident that he’ll be ready to go week one,” Gase said. “He’s in a good place right now. The way he’s working in practice, the way he’s running the ball in practice, I feel really good about him when we hit the regular season.”
Bilal Powell superfan
 x 0 x 0
Hey I love Darnold and I do think the offense will be good. But we have a big problem on defense when we face teams with good to great olines.
 x 0 x 0
No reason to get him out during preseason - especially with our depth at RB position. Start him out slow from Week 1 .. I think we'll be chasing for playoff spot - so we need him to finish out regular season strong.
 x 1 x 0
Enunwa is on pace to drop 100 balls this season!
 x 1 x 0
(08-19-2019, 12:38 PM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  Enunwa is on pace to drop 100 balls this season!

But only if he can stay healthy! Grin