Trump and Epstein at mar a lago
 x 0 x 0
The separation of church and state is about the govt not passing laws against the practicing/establishing of different religions/churches in this country...or any person for following different religions. Like...you know...Baptist...Protestant...Catholic...Lutheran etc etc. Not sure what E is talking about.
 x 0 x 0
(Yesterday, 11:47 PM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  The separation of church and state is about the govt not passing laws against the practicing/establishing of different religions/churches in this country...or any person for following different religions. Like...you know...Baptist...Protestant...Catholic...Lutheran etc etc. Not sure what E is talking about.

E is an idiot .. he thinks Dr Pitt talking about religion on an internet forum is violating separation of church/state.  I pointed out exactly same thing you stated few posts back - E still does not get it.  Or maybe he gets it now, just too embarrassed to admit he has no clue what he is talking about
 x 0 x 0
(Yesterday, 03:58 PM)Etrius24 Wrote:  Shady

We have a separation of the church and state in this country.  Religion has no place in politics.

Do you not understand what made this country great and different from all of the other countries in the world?

Separation of Church and State is a myth. It is not mentioned anywhere in the constitution with the exception of not allowing the head of a religion to also be head of State, i.e. the Pope can not be President. The Treaty of Tripoli, specifically article 11, is the only place you will find the concept that America was not founded on Christian ideals. If America was not founded on Christianity then what deity was it based on? The founding documents make it clear that our rights come from God not man so which God is it? 

"Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen (Muslims); and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan (Mohammedan) nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

As you can read for yourself if makes it clear that America was founded on the ideal of religious freedom and not pushing a specific religion. You will also notice that the treaty was to stop Muslim attacks on the US. Anyone who ignores that the US has been at war with Islam since it's founding is ignoring history. Just like the crusades were brought about by Islam invading Europe and the first crusade started when the Islam horde crossed Istanbul into Europe and the Europeans fought back against the invasion.
 x 0 x 0
(Yesterday, 01:07 PM)Etrius24 Wrote:  Apollo

Pit has on many occasions and in many different threads stated he is a Christian and that his religion is the right one.

That is talking religion and arguing for one specific religion

Are you fucking stupid

Everyone believes their religion is the correct one otherwise it wouldn't be the one they practice. Why would you follow a belief system or code that you feel is wrong or inaccurate? I happen to believe my view point, agnostic, is the only logical choice. There being a deity is the simplest answer for the universe. To be an atheist requires more faith than following any religion. To be a true atheist means that you are foolish enough to think man has, or at least capable of having, all the answers.  

From a logic stand point when you talk about the origins of the universe when you reach a spot of there is no answer the atheist can only say they have no idea and it will take us being wiser to know the answer if we can ever discover it. The problem is their worship of self leads to make up insane theories that typically get proven false a short time later, i.e. Darwin's theory of evolution. Even Darwin knew his theory was wrong and as soon as the microscope was invented it would destroy it. We just didn't have the capability to look at cell structure at the time he published his work of fiction. Where as if you have a deity every time there is a question man can't answer you just say "God". It is a simple answer and it removes the complicated BS of making up theories that get shredded when there is a jump in technology.

Just to be clear you can believe in a deity and not a religion. I believe there is probably a deity out there, but I have no real name for it. I will call it universe most of the time. Where most people try to see that God is doing things in their life ?I laugh. If God is micromanaging this planet then we have no free will. If God put Trump in the White House then his supporters had no choice but to support him as they were forced by God so the election would turn out how it did. Most Christians are too stupid to realize that when they say God put our President in place they are actually going against the Bible. That is no different than Islam or any other major religion where in order to believe that your deity is making things happen at a micro level you are saying that the free will the religion says you have is a false idea and thus you are arguing against your religion, unless your religion says your deity is a monster that controls the minds of people and makes them do things. In which case all crimes are the will of your deity and we are wrong for punishing people for following his will.
 x 0 x 0
Kizz

It does not even have to be a deity... I mean we use words like gods or deities... based on our limited understanding of the universe.

But yes religion is not needed to believe something being responsible for life and the universe.

Religion is bullshit ... Designed to divide and control us.

It is all absolutely fake as fuck
I might not change the world, but I sure won't ever let it change me. P.S.