Trevor Stephan
 x 0 x 0
About a month ago I posted about 6'5" righty Trevor Stephan, who was the Yankees 3rd round  pick last year. Stephan was killing at A+ Tampa with a 5-1 record, 1.98 ERA and 49 Ks in 41 IP. Time for an update.

Stephan was promoted to AA Trenton May 22nd and was immediately bombed in his first start, surrendering 6 earned runs on nine hits and two walks in 4.1 innings against Arkansas.

Since then, though, he's put together three straight quality starts, allowing only 1 run on 9 hits and 2 walks in 16 innings, while striking out 19, so I'd say he's back on track as a legit Yankee pitching prospect who should get a spring training invite in 2019, unless of course he becomes a trade chip in a deal for a seasoned pitcher. Even that wouldn't be so bad, since his value is rising.

I've seen a couple of clips of him pitching and he has a very unusual delivery that is almost side-arm, making him especially though on right-handed hitters. Given his 6'5" size and a fastball that tops out at 97 MPH, it must be really hard to pick the ball up until it's nearly on top of you.

His secondary stuff still needs work, and that is the big question mark.
If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else.

-Yogi Berra