Trade Suggestion
12-04-2019, 12:56 PM,
Trade Suggestion
 x 0  x 0 
How about Morris and Payton for Reggie Jackson, a protected number one and pick your filler.  The pick is protected up to 18 and if it is not, then the Pistons send (2) 2020 number twos to the Knicks.

Why the Pistons do it?

Drummond is a potential FA and they need to win now.  Reggie Jackson kind of sucks and shoots too much.  Payton might be a better fit.  Morris joins his brother and adds scoring punch.

With Detroit at the 9 spot, this could get them into the playoffs and potentially get them to a 6th seed.  If it fails, they give up two number twos.
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

12-04-2019, 01:02 PM,
RE: Trade Suggestion
 x 0  x 0 
I would do it for sure if I was Knicks, but just can't see this Detroit team giving up a potential first rounder for those guys and it would be one thing if they actually had a chance to compete for a title.
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
12-04-2019, 01:11 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-04-2019, 01:02 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  I would do it for sure if I was Knicks, but just can't see this Detroit team giving up a potential first rounder for those guys and it would be one thing if they actually had a chance to compete for a title.

When I make suggestions like this, there is one underlying fact missing.  That is the job security of the GM.  GM's will often trade firsts if they think that trade will keep them their job.  Detroit might go full rebuild if Drummond leaves.  If they do not make the playoffs, heads might roll.

Most GM's biggest goal is to keep their jobs.  Sure they want to win too.  But this dynamic is why many a stupid trade is made.  They don;t care about a teams future unless they are part of it
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

12-04-2019, 02:27 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Trades are coming, but its way to early. Stock up on draft picks for the role players and bring up the G, D and X leaguers!
Game 7 of the Championship series Against the Lakers with Wilt! 

Red: You know my mama wanted me to be a Coach.

Willis: My dad wanted me to be a basketball player.

Red: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
12-05-2019, 12:47 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Where's Shizee when you need him? ?
12-05-2019, 12:28 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-05-2019, 12:47 AM)rjbarrett Wrote:  Where's Shizee when you need him? ?

i was scrolling down to post this.
12-05-2019, 12:34 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Trade Shizzdale for a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos and let Mike Miller run the c squad. Then trade all of the rentals for whatever you can get.