Tom Brady Suspension
06-23-2015, 01:14 PM,
Tom Brady Suspension
 x 0  x 0 
This better be held up, if not im gonna fuckin blow a gasket!!! All the evidence against him, Goodell needs to hold this thing up, he cheated plain and simple, the activity via txt from Brady to the ball boys and what was said, Jesus christ Mr. Magoo could figure this out!!!

I got a work meeting from 12-4 so i doubt im gonna see the verdict but if he takes 2 games hes admitting to cheating and getting away with it in the biggest game of the year!

Anybody still think its upheld? ......or reduced?
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor
06-23-2015, 01:45 PM,
Tom Brady Suspension
 x 0  x 0 
I say upheld. If he reduces it, hes reducing his own penalty??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
06-23-2015, 01:59 PM,
RE: Tom Brady Suspension
 x 0  x 0 
(06-23-2015, 01:14 PM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  This better be held up, if not im gonna fuckin blow a gasket!!! All the evidence against him, Goodell needs to hold this thing up, he cheated plain and simple, the activity via txt from Brady to the ball boys and what was said, Jesus christ Mr. Magoo could figure this out!!!

I got a work meeting from 12-4 so i doubt im gonna see the verdict but if he takes 2 games hes admitting to cheating and getting away with it in the biggest game of the year!

i suppose you missed all the evidence that says your theory is incorrect?
Belief is NOT a Substitute for Knowledge.
06-23-2015, 02:03 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Lets just be honest we all know its going to at least get reduced but my money is still on it being completely reversed. All sports are corrupt and Goodell and Craft have already made a deal. Why do you think there wasn't more of a fight from Brady and the NFLPA to get Goodell removed from the appeal?
Goodell will come out and say Brady gave him everything he asked for and he found that Brady had no direct knowledge of the balls being illegally deflated. Will give some bullshit answer like Brady did say he liked footballs flatter but that he never said to take them lower than the legal limits.
"Everybody has a price"
06-23-2015, 02:14 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
I think it's upheld for the lone reason of Gooddell looking even more undermined than usual if the appeal results in a lesser suspension, not to mention the rest of the league being up in arms about it...
06-23-2015, 02:14 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Forest, but isn't the issue that there is no proof of deflation?

It's already been shown the problems with the wells report and its inaccuracies and inconsistencies.

This is more about goodell having to save face than it is about Brady at this point.
06-23-2015, 02:29 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
I've said it all along since the whole "Deflategate" story broke: He [Brady] will get two games, max.
A pint sized sex god and pompadored shiny suited latino to you, Sir, and a g'day to be certain!
06-23-2015, 02:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2015, 02:39 PM by S.Charlton.)
 x 0  x 0 
What I have issues with is that the suspension is not for the alleged cheating but rather that he wouldn't cooperate with the NFL on their investigation.

The NFL was fishing for someone to come forward and rat out someone, and Brady wasn't going to do it. I'm sure he was involved in something but without proof the NFL shouldn't be able to simply slap him with a penalty.

I find these actions by Goodell and the NFL brass completely reprehensible regardless of who the player is or what team he plays for.
06-23-2015, 03:04 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-23-2015, 02:14 PM)Jezter13 Wrote:  Forest, but isn't the issue that there is no proof of deflation?

It's already been shown the problems with the wells report and its inaccuracies and inconsistencies.

This is more about goodell having to save face than it is about Brady at this point.

The bigger issue and the one most point to for Brady's suspension is the lack of cooperation during the investigation.
Thats why I think his suspension will get reduced or overturned. The commish will say Brady gave him everything he asked for and consider that full cooperation.

The texts alone show that the equipment guys were told to deflate balls, but it doesn't show that they were told to what level.

I really do believe that Craft and Goodell came to an agreement that night they met at that party, when the next day or so Craft accepted the Patriots punishment in full and wouldn't fight it. It had to be a won't fight and make this thing worse and uglier for the league as long as you reverse/reduce Brady's suspension.
"Everybody has a price"
06-23-2015, 03:57 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-23-2015, 03:04 PM)Forest Wrote:  
(06-23-2015, 02:14 PM)Jezter13 Wrote:  Forest, but isn't the issue that there is no proof of deflation?

The bigger issue and the one most point to for Brady's suspension is the lack of cooperation during the investigation.
Thats why I think his suspension will get reduced or overturned. The commish will say Brady gave him everything he asked for and consider that full cooperation.

The texts alone show that the equipment guys were told to deflate balls, but it doesn't show that they were told to what level.

I really do believe that Craft and Goodell came to an agreement that night they met at that party, when the next day or so Craft accepted the Patriots punishment in full and wouldn't fight it. It had to be a won't fight and make this thing worse and uglier for the league as long as you reverse/reduce Brady's suspension.

your second paragraph is exactly the point.  

witch hunt.  
06-23-2015, 04:05 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Who cares? They won the only thing that matters.

The picks and the fines are a done deal. Brady I'd an afterthought now. Most likely reduced. Don't even care anymore.
06-23-2015, 05:46 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-23-2015, 01:14 PM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  This better be held up, if not im gonna fuckin blow a gasket!!! All the evidence against him, Goodell needs to hold this thing up, he cheated plain and simple, the activity via txt from Brady to the ball boys and what was said, Jesus christ Mr. Magoo could figure this out!!!

i dont think we get the results till friday of these meetings,, friday at the earliest i believe
06-23-2015, 05:58 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Hardy appeal was on May 28th and still no word about it. Philly is most certainly correct that we won't hear about this for at least a few days.
06-23-2015, 06:34 PM,
 x 0  x 1 
Some of you all are missing the point.

This isn't a court of law, the NFL doesn't have to PROVE anything. The burden of proof is set at "This probably happened" which the deflated balls in the AFC Championship game, text messages, and Bradys own admission of liking a deflated ball is enough for.

Brady absolutely does not want this to go to a real court because then the ball boys can be interviewed as many times as the attorneys want and Brady would HAVE to give up his cell phone.

The original punishment was for the multiple violations (spygate as well as getting busted using the in helmet headset when they weren't supposed to be), the coverup, and the blatant trash talking of the league (which is not allowed per the newest CBA).

To call this a "witch hunt" is ignorant as fuck. The Patriots were warned about deflating the balls PRE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, but decided to proceed, got busted, then lied and shit talked the NFL about it for months.

The ONLY REASON that the suspension would be shortened is a back door deal between Goodell and Kraft, PERIOD.
thegreathoo Wrote:We have not seen better QB play than RT in 2014, therefore, arguably he is better than Marino.

06-23-2015, 06:51 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-23-2015, 01:59 PM)Jezter13 Wrote:  

i suppose you missed all the evidence that says your theory is incorrect?

Waht theory??? Are you ignorant or something or just trying to play devils advocate as always?? The txt messages are damning enough, he fuckin cheated but this prideful little bitch will lie and try his best to get out of it, smh. 

Lol im not really sure how you can say the guy didnt cheat, every QB, Ex NFL QB says NO WAY he didnt know about the balls. Hes guilty but just like anyone famous and rich theyll get out of it, fuckin makes me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06-23-2015, 06:53 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-23-2015, 02:14 PM)Shmendal Wrote:  I think it's upheld for the lone reason of Gooddell looking even more undermined than usual if the appeal results in a lesser suspension, not to mention the rest of the league being up in arms about it...

Goodell wont look undermined, he didnt hand the suspension, it was Troy Vincent
06-23-2015, 07:09 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
There's a whole thread dedicated to this prior to yours.

You may want to read it and then go sit on that wine bottle.
06-23-2015, 09:45 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-23-2015, 07:09 PM)Jezter13 Wrote:  There's a whole thread dedicated to this prior to yours.

You may want to read it and then go sit on that wine bottle.

Ya i know, i fuckin created it. He cheated, nothing else to say!
06-23-2015, 10:13 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
I don't think I'd be such a "hater" about this if the Pats weren't lauded as the ideal face of the league, and they weren't so cocky and defiant about everything.
06-23-2015, 10:36 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-23-2015, 10:13 PM)fetznjtown Wrote:  I don't think I'd be such a "hater" about this if the Pats weren't lauded as the ideal face of the league, and they weren't so cocky and defiant about everything.

And how is this a bad thing?

We all only wish the Dolphins were in their situation.