To Many Good WRs? I Love That Problem!
08-01-2019, 10:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2019, 02:44 PM by kingdolfan3.)
To Many Good WRs? I Love That Problem!
 x 0  x 0 
Dolphins will face difficult decisions with wide receiver cuts
By: Kyle Crabbs | 1 hour ago

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/01/dolphins-will-face-difficult-decisions-with-wide-receiver-cuts/

There aren’t too many positions on the Miami Dolphins roster that we can say Miami will be faced with difficult decisions — yet the wide receiver is very quietly one that Miami will have to spend considerable time debating before making decisions and whittling the roster down to just 53 players.

Miami has four locks to make the roster at the wide receiver position — Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker, Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant.

Beyond that?

It is anyone’s game.

The Dolphins most likely keep five or six wide receivers — although with the plethora of running backs and tight ends that will warrant consideration, five is a more probable number.

Meaning UDFA standout Preston Williams, Brice Butler, Allen Hurns and others are going to compete for just one or two spots maximum on the 53 man roster.

Butler has the advantage of notable special teams experience.

Hurns has the benefit of NFL experience — he’s the only receiver on Miami’s roster with a 1,000 yard season under his belt.

And Williams has the advantage of youth and untapped potential.

How do you possibly decide?

The Dolphins will need to keep an exceptional number of defensive backs to help them feel comfortable parting with Butler’s special teams value.

It’s possible, for certain.

But the next three weeks will force Miami to look hard at this group before making a difficult decision.

Meaning UDFA standout Preston Williams, Brice Butler, Allen Hurns and others are going to compete for just one or two spots maximum on the 53 man roster.

Which of these wide receivers had the most receiving yards last season?

"Do or do not, there is no try."- Yoda
"Fill your hand, you son of a bitch!"- John Wayne - True Grit
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy"- Clint Eastwood - Outlaw Josey Wales
08-01-2019, 11:04 AM,
RE: To Many Good WRs? I Love That Problem!
 x 0  x 0 
I think we keep Preston out of the bottom 3
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
08-01-2019, 11:13 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
I don't see much difference between Butler and Hurns, and considering both would be fighting for a #5 WR spot, don't get the signing of Hurns. Miami still needs a veteran CB more than they needed a #7 WR, moves that like kill me...
08-01-2019, 11:16 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
I thought someone posted Hurns contract or maybe I read it from somewhere else but basically it was saying he could be a camp WR and it wouldn't hurt us. think he's paid 1 mil and half of that is bonuses if he plays.
08-01-2019, 11:18 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
We did sign a vet CB from the Pats I thought but he has a history of injuries.
08-01-2019, 11:21 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-01-2019, 11:18 AM)Litefghtr Wrote:  We did sign a vet CB from the Pats I thought but he has a history of injuries.

Rowe? Yeah, he isn't the resolution to the #2 CB spot, I see reports of McCain looking good in camp and then see notes of WRs burning him on deep balls. I don't trust McCann and think his contract is a fucking joke. After Howard, nothing is convincing, and there are better options available than what's in house...
08-01-2019, 11:27 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
I don't recall McCain getting burned, he's playing the free safety role all camp. McTyer has been getting roasted almost daily. Can't stand that dip shit.
08-01-2019, 11:32 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-01-2019, 11:27 AM)Litefghtr Wrote:  I don't recall McCain getting burned, he's playing the free safety role all camp.  McTyer has been getting roasted almost daily.  Can't stand that dip shit.

No sold on McTyer either, but per http://www.fieldchatter.com/forum/Thread-Day-6-of-Phins-Camp-%e2%80%98Do-The-O-line-Shuffle%e2%80%99?pid=1661545&highlight=mccain#pid1661545 looks like Isaiah Ford was buring McCain yesterday...
08-01-2019, 11:54 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Wait how come Ford wasn't listed above in the list of WRs?
08-01-2019, 12:10 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-01-2019, 11:54 AM)Litefghtr Wrote:  Wait how come Ford wasn't listed above in the list of WRs?

He might as well be, four players for one spot? I can see Miami keeping 6 WRs this year with the injury issues they had at that position last season, after Stills/Wilson/Parker/Grant, I'd probably put Butler and Hurns as the 5 and 6 for now...
08-01-2019, 01:03 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
The difficult decision is which is the least terrible. Miami doesn't have any good WRs. Stills is a decent deep threat. Wilson is decent in the slot, when healthy. Parker is playable. The rest are just filler for the 53 man roster. Miami is going to have to draft several WRs in the 2020 draft and hope some of them are actually good.
08-01-2019, 02:07 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-01-2019, 01:03 PM)Kizzfastfists Wrote:  The difficult decision is which is the least terrible. Miami doesn't have any good WRs. Stills is a decent deep threat. Wilson is decent in the slot, when healthy. Parker is playable. The rest are just filler for the 53 man roster. Miami is going to have to draft several WRs in the 2020 draft and hope some of them are actually good.

Yep, other than KD thinking the Dolphins have the top 7 WRs in the league, who would any non-robot claim the Dolphins best WR is and where in the league is he ranked among his position? 

The next 3 wouldn't bee TOO far down the list, but just where the best Miami WR ranks paints a more accurate picture of this team's WR position among the league...
08-01-2019, 02:22 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
If Parker ever becomes a man, he has the best chance at being a legit #1 and sounds like he and fitz are gelling but I sure as hell am not holding my breath. He always seems to win the off season. In fact, it shouldn't be much longer before KD posts the Parker is shining off season article.
08-01-2019, 02:37 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Lite, he has all the tools. Like I said before, he didn't have the heart. Hopefully he got humbled with the contract and is playing for a bigger contract. I am hoping for it, but not betting on it.
08-01-2019, 02:48 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-01-2019, 02:37 PM)Murph Wrote:  Lite, he has all the tools. Like I said before, he didn't have the heart. Hopefully he got humbled with the contract and is playing for a bigger contract. I am hoping for it, but not betting on it.

I kinda wish we would have had that vet WR to help teach him the ways when he got here but I don't think he ever had that chris carter type.  You would think Landry's heart would have helped but it didn't.  
08-01-2019, 02:49 PM,
 x 2  x 0 
(08-01-2019, 02:07 PM)Shmendal Wrote:  
(08-01-2019, 01:03 PM)Kizzfastfists Wrote:  The difficult decision is which is the least terrible. Miami doesn't have any good WRs. Stills is a decent deep threat. Wilson is decent in the slot, when healthy. Parker is playable. The rest are just filler for the 53 man roster. Miami is going to have to draft several WRs in the 2020 draft and hope some of them are actually good.

Yep, other than KD thinking the Dolphins have the top 7 WRs in the league, who would any non-robot claim the Dolphins best WR is and where in the league is he ranked among his position? 

The next 3 wouldn't bee TOO far down the list, but just where the best Miami WR ranks paints a more accurate picture of this team's WR position among the league...

Hey You Hurt My feelings?

OOPs I Forgot I'm  A ROBOT.

I HAVE NO FEELINGS!

Press On!
"Do or do not, there is no try."- Yoda
"Fill your hand, you son of a bitch!"- John Wayne - True Grit
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy"- Clint Eastwood - Outlaw Josey Wales
08-01-2019, 10:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2019, 10:55 PM by Kizzfastfists.)
 x 1  x 0 
(08-01-2019, 02:49 PM)kingdolfan3 Wrote:  I HAVE NO FEELINGS!

Are you growing up before our eyes? Feelings are for women and children. Men use logic and reasoning.
08-02-2019, 01:40 AM,
 x 0  x 0 

Agreed

Average at best, injury prone also....we need a QB AND a WR in next years draft
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor

Amat Victoria Praeparatio
08-02-2019, 02:07 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Hurns is coming off a major injury.... As much as I liked the guy at Miami and the early success he had in the NFL... HE has a long road back to being a starter and #2 wide receiver.
I might not change the world, but I sure won't ever let it change me. P.S.
08-03-2019, 02:31 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-02-2019, 02:07 PM)Etrius24 Wrote:  Hurns is coming off a major injury.... As much as I liked the guy at Miami and the early success he had in the NFL... HE has a long road back to being a starter and #2 wide receiver.
just 4 months ago you told us he was a GREAT #2 tho. glad to see you coming to your senses

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk