The Official offseason thread
03-05-2015, 11:46 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
lol F it our season is over so its on to the offseason come on fellas get your ideas and thoughts on here..i think the rebuild will be faster than most think due to the high lottery pick and 30 mil in cap space to sign some FA..like some people on here said we should go after butler with a max deal I'm all for it, I doubt gasol or Aldridge will leave their teams if not then next tier FA like Matthews,danny green,monroe,etcc.... not draymond who wants about 13-15mil...also I don't think we need to use up all our cap space this offseason like Doc and LAD and others said we can use the unused cap space to do what the sixers do take on salary with 1st rd pick added on to recoup some asset (like the sixers did with javale McGee) not long contracts either..if we can recoup a 1st rd pick for next yrs draft gives us a chance to add another young top prospect...if everything works like that perfectly we will have cap space for FA in 2016 also being under the cap gives you more options as well like being in a 3 team trade to help facilitate it to get back picks......I think this yr Monroe,danny green or Matthews can be had but not for max dollars

"P Y P" pick your poison Beckham,Barkley,Engram or Shepard

03-05-2015, 11:56 PM,
RE: The Official offseason thread
 x 1  x 0 
Heres a player that won't be drafted, who would be a good camp invite this year.  Dominic Pointer St. Johns.  Yeah I did drop the sir but this guy can pass, defend and I think his pump fakes would work really well in the triangle.  Little thing, I know, but when teams are anticipating what you are doing a solid fake pass or shot opens things up.  Too bad he can't shoot, but as a camp invite at the minimum I like him.  He would play D and be a ball mover on offense.  
03-06-2015, 12:33 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(03-05-2015, 11:56 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  Heres a player that won't be drafted, who would be a good camp invite this year.  Dominic Pointer St. Johns.  Yeah I did drop the sir but this guy can pass, defend and I think his pump fakes would work really well in the triangle.  Little thing, I know, but when teams are anticipating what you are doing a solid fake pass or shot opens things up.  Too bad he can't shoot, but as a camp invite at the minimum I like him.  He would play D and be a ball mover on offense.  

lol yeah I know all about him 3 guys I'm keeping my eye on is rakeem Christmas for defensive purpose at the 4 and jameel McKay iowa st a taller Kenneth faried,and Michael gbinije a sg/sf that's a jack of all trade with  a nice stroke all 2nd rd picks

03-06-2015, 01:07 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
stat of the night kendall grey 6'10 240lbs center for Delaware st against coppin st 33pts 30 rebounds and 3 blks looks athletic...small school hbcu

03-06-2015, 01:21 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Damn!

@bball_ref Delaware St.'s Kendall Gray posted 33 points & 30 rebounds vs Coppin St. tonight. He's the 1st D-I player with a 30-30 game since the 1970s

‏@ESPNStatsInfo Delaware State's Kendall Gray became the 7th player in the last 40 seasons with at least 30 rebounds in a game.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/57312/kendall-gray
New York Knicks: pummeling fans’ hopes and dreams since 2001 
03-06-2015, 10:08 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Our offseason started in November :-/
Again

əˈɡen/
adverb
another time; once more.
returning to a previous position or condition.
There must be a new definition for this word. 
03-06-2015, 10:14 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(03-06-2015, 10:08 AM)dakomish Wrote:  Our offseason started in November :-/

Yeah...to be fair... It was like...mid November.... Slow
03-06-2015, 11:04 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Lol now we're the big honchos now during the draft lol

03-06-2015, 11:13 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Well you can scratch wesley matthews off our FA list he tore his ACL last night out for the year and will miss significant time next season one less FA

03-06-2015, 12:57 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(03-06-2015, 11:13 AM)sgod35 Wrote:  Well you can scratch wesley matthews off our FA list he tore his ACL last night out for the year and will miss significant time next season one less FA

http://regressing.deadspin.com/how-an-achilles-tear-affects-nba-players-or-why-kobe-472944871

say no to Matthews, we should avoid him at all costs now. Especially with the kind of bad luck this franchise has had with players and injuries.
Paying stars big NOW for what they did in the PAST since 2001.
03-06-2015, 07:57 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Our off season plan should be clear and done with patience.

1. Draft best player available. Not most potential. With the lack of top picks the Knicks have had, we cannot afford to have a bust.
2. Have a list of 5-7 top tier FA that we target and pitch them an offer immediately. Guys like Gasol, Butler, Leonard should be prioritized and then guys like Brandon Knight, Tobias Harris, Greg Monroe should be targeted with a fixed price in mind and we should not overbid to get them.

3. If we don't land the FA's we want (Butler, Leonard, or Gasol). We need to sign left over players to 1 year deals. Last year guys like Stuckey, Sessions, and Ed Davis got reasonable deals because they were left over players.

4. Then we need to continue to track down low risk high reward guys like Seth Curry or Ognjen Kuzmic. And look at undrafted talent like we did with Langston Galloway.

5. Target 2016 FAs.
03-06-2015, 10:31 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
I don't know how bad the injury is or what the medical prognosis is, but sounds like an opportunity to get a ten million dollar player for a lot less.   If you gave him a 2 year deal for like 12 million, and he comes back  to be almost as good in year two.  Could be a steal.  Leap of faith yes but most guys come back from ACL's
03-06-2015, 11:31 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(03-06-2015, 10:31 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  I don't know how bad the injury is or what the medical prognosis is, but sounds like an opportunity to get a ten million dollar player for a lot less.   If you gave him a 2 year deal for like 12 million, and he comes back  to be almost as good in year two.  Could be a steal.  Leap of faith yes but most guys come back from ACL's

That's what I was thinking. He might miss the first couple of months of the season. But when a team needs as many parts as the Knicks do (and has this much cap space) taking a risk like this can yield big rewards. Sure, it can also be a disaster, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
03-07-2015, 12:00 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Matthews has a torn Achilles not ACL. This is the injury that forced Isiah Thomas and Dominique Wilkins into retirement. Many of you may remember that Billups was never the same player after the injury. Kobe has not been the same player. For a guy who is not going to the Hall of Fame, Matthews has a steep hill to climb.
03-07-2015, 09:03 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(03-07-2015, 12:00 AM)carmelo Wrote:  Matthews has a torn Achilles not ACL. This is the injury that forced Isiah Thomas and Dominique Wilkins into retirement. Many of you may remember that Billups was never the same player after the injury. Kobe has not been the same player. For a guy who is not going to the Hall of Fame, Matthews has a steep hill to climb.

And it's hard to climb with an Achilles injury

Thought we would of learned our lesson from Amare. I don't mind a small deal as a gamble, but anything over 6 and over 2 years is not worth it  

WE HAVE TO NAIL FA 
03-07-2015, 09:11 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(03-07-2015, 12:00 AM)carmelo Wrote:  Matthews has a torn Achilles not ACL. This is the injury that forced Isiah Thomas and Dominique Wilkins into retirement. Many of you may remember that Billups was never the same player after the injury. Kobe has not been the same player. For a guy who is not going to the Hall of Fame, Matthews has a steep hill to climb.

I forgot that was the same injury Zeke had!
03-08-2015, 04:47 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Bold prediction #1 for this offseason: Kevin Love bolts the Cavs, no matter how far they advance in the playoffs.

I don't think the Cavs may offer him a max given his role on the team OR he hates his role on the team enough (even if the Cavs offer him a max) that he ends up leaving regardless.

They are about to lose Wiggins for nothing, buahahahha
03-08-2015, 06:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2015, 02:15 PM by dakomish.)
 x 0  x 0 
Because we have a star in Melo and have a top pick coming to develop, we aren't under the gun. I don't give a shit what the media or impatient fans say. 

Yeah it would be great if Gasol, Aldridge, Dragic or Millsap took our money. Or if we're able to steal a RFA like Butler, Green or Knight. But it's not going to make or break a successful offseason. 

It's all about using our money wisely to progress. Getting talented players in salary dumps and getting paid to do so isnt ideal but it is still a positive move. 

Whether it's this scenario, getting a big name, filling out the roster, or some mix of the 3, it's all moving in the right direction. 

Good to finally have options in a league where flexibility has become detriment to long term success and contention.
Again

əˈɡen/
adverb
another time; once more.
returning to a previous position or condition.
There must be a new definition for this word. 
03-08-2015, 06:42 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(03-08-2015, 06:14 PM)dakomish Wrote:  Because we have a star in Melo and have a top pick coming to develop, we aren't under the gun. I don't give a shit what the media or impatient fans say. 

Yeah it would be great if Gasol, Aldridge, Dragic or Millsap took our money. Or if we're able to steal a RFA like Butler, Green or Knight. But it's not going to make or break a successful offseason. 

It's all about using our money wisely to progress. Getting talented players in salary dumps and getting paid to do so isnt ideal but it is still a positive move. 

Whether it's this scenario, getting a big name, filling out the roster, or some mix of the 3, it's all moving in the right direction. 

Good to finally have options in a league where flexibility has become detriment to long term success and contention.

yes yes totally agree

03-10-2015, 07:43 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
seth curry signs a 10 day contract with phoenix