Tannehill post QB whisperer Gase:
 x 0 x 0
128 for 176, 72.7%, 1,602 yard, 9.1 y/a, 12 td / 4 int, 113 rating, 6-2 record

Weird he couldn’t find that success in Miami with Gase mentoring him...
"Joe Montana was ok... Geddy Lee was an average bass player...Neil Pert couldn't carry Dave Grohl's drumsticks" - Words of wisdom from (minor prophet) Etrius24 --- Added proverbs for 2014: "Rocky was watchable"
 x 0 x 0
(12-04-2019, 04:31 PM)moonlitegram Wrote:  128 for 176, 72.7%, 1,602 yard, 9.1 y/a, 12 td / 4 int, 113 rating, 6-2 record

Gase's hard work finally paying off ...
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(12-04-2019, 04:31 PM)moonlitegram Wrote:  128 for 176, 72.7%, 1,602 yard, 9.1 y/a, 12 td / 4 int, 113 rating, 6-2 record

Playing Devil's advocate, What's the difference in the quality of the two teams he's been on? Is Tenn better than the Miami team he was on? That has to play a factor
"HOWEVER, I do believe every negative comment deserves a response, if we so choose." Redtrek
 x 0 x 0
(12-04-2019, 04:40 PM)hustler07 Wrote:  

Playing Devil's advocate, What's the difference in the quality of the two teams he's been on? Is Tenn better than the Miami team he was on? That has to play a factor

I thought Miami's roster was pretty good. They had a stout defense and typically good receivers. Landry! And good backs too. I never felt like their oline was bad either.
 x 0 x 0
(12-04-2019, 05:12 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  
(12-04-2019, 04:40 PM)hustler07 Wrote:  Playing Devil's advocate, What's the difference in the quality of the two teams he's been on? Is Tenn better than the Miami team he was on? That has to play a factor

I thought Miami's roster was pretty good. They had a stout defense and typically good receivers. Landry! And good backs too. I never felt like their oline was bad either.

O_O
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
 x 0 x 0

Eh, Tanny played with the Phins for 6 seasons, including one where they were 10-6 and clinched a playoff birth.  And most of the other years they were near a .500 team so I don't think they were ever that bad of a team. Nothing spectacular but not bad by any means.  And its not like they were without offensive weapons for all 6 years.  They had Landry for 4 seasons.

And in all of that time, Tanny's production never came close to what he's doing now.  His completion % is 6 points higher than his best season before this AND his yard/attempt average is just about 2 yards (1.9) above his previous best.   Both improvements are substantial improvements in their own right, but to do them together is quite significant. 
"Joe Montana was ok... Geddy Lee was an average bass player...Neil Pert couldn't carry Dave Grohl's drumsticks" - Words of wisdom from (minor prophet) Etrius24 --- Added proverbs for 2014: "Rocky was watchable"
 x 0 x 0
I think what Moon is trying to say is.....SHINE TANNY (Tannenbaum the GM) so that he can SHINE TANNY!!!!!
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
Could it just be one of those things though

How many are willing to bet this stretch we see from Tanny now is what is staying?

I am not....at least yet

on a side note this is why I always draft Henry NOW....he is so insane in Nov/December for Fantasy.....the exact guy you want in playoffs for fantasy

And after last year what he was doing in those months you would think he would get moire respect in drafts...I got him in both of my leagues in round 3 (10 man and 12)

No way he is not at least a late first round pick next year
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
How many games did Tannehill start while Gase was there? If I recall correctly, he played all 16 games in his first year with Gase (the 10-6 season) and then he missed the majority of the remainder of Gase's tenure. Never even came close to having another full season and even missed an entire season.
What do we care more about, children or money? How come we have armed guards in banks protecting the money and there's no one in schools protecting the kids.

I survived Fieldchatter Y2K! January 11th, 2019
 x 0 x 0
(12-04-2019, 07:57 PM)Runway JET Wrote:  How many games did Tannehill start while Gase was there? If I recall correctly, he played all 16 games in his first year with Gase (the 10-6 season) and then he missed the majority of the remainder of Gase's tenure. Never even came close to having another full season and even missed an entire season.

Good Point if true
"HOWEVER, I do believe every negative comment deserves a response, if we so choose." Redtrek
 x 0 x 0
Give him time and he will return to his norm.

Good for him for playing well though!
Bilal Powell superfan
 x 0 x 0
AFC South is a lot different than playing against the AFC East

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
 x 0 x 0

Does that mean Tannenhill is also a better QB than Mariota? 
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
 x 0 x 0
Upon further review, Tannehill was 13-11 under Gase.

17 TD's and 9 INT's 64.2 completion% in 2018 (11 Games) 5-6

19 TD's and 12 INT's 67.1 completion % in 2016(13 games) 8-5
 x 0 x 0

We were told that the reason that Gase called plays like a total pussy in Miami is b/c his QB was Tannehill so what did you expect him to do.  Even if Tannehill was 10 times more atrocious than he was/is, it's still incredibly stupid.  But the point is that Tannehill is good enough, especially at times, to actually go out there and actually try to score points.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 1 x 0
(12-04-2019, 10:45 PM)hustler07 Wrote:  Upon further review, Tannehill was 13-11 under Gase.

17 TD's and 9 INT's 64.2 completion% in 2018 (11 Games) 5-6

19 TD's and 12 INT's 67.1 completion % in 2016(13 games) 8-5

And 7.7 and 7.2 y/a. 
 x 0 x 0
don't let E see this lol

he told me earlier if tanny starts 16 games next year that titans will go 12-4 be a top 2 AFC team and possibly win the Superbowl.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
 x 0 x 0
(12-05-2019, 01:50 AM)nategonzalez79 Wrote:  don't let E see this lol

he told me earlier if tanny starts 16 games next year that titans will go 12-4 be a top 2 AFC team and possibly win the Superbowl.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

If you are going to bring me into this at least quote me accurately in that you mention all of the discussion and not cherry pick a few words or a phrase to make your argument sound better.

I did  say I think the Titans have a chance to go 12-4 next year with Tannehill as their starter.... They have a decent defense and a workhorse running back.   When you have a QB that is top three in the NFL in completion %  Yards per pass, and Qb rating... You have a chance to win a lot of football games. 

I am also pretty sure I put the qualifier out there that they needed to have a good offseason... They need a tight end... and they lack a true #1 receiver...

This draft is loaded with wide receiver talent...  So how crazy is it to think the Titans get a great young receiver and make their offense even better next year?

Next year you have the Chiefs, the Ravens, and the Pats... because the pats are always hanging around as a top team... But other than that the AFC is filled with doubt and question marks.

Rivers is old... Broncos are not there... Colts need a QB... Steelers have Rapist old and in decline.  

I also qualified my statement about Tannehill playing next year at the level he is playing at now.  Which is excellent. 

What half-decently coached team does not win most of the time when their QB completes close to 75% of their passes?  Seriously?  Throw in a top RB and an above-average defense...

Yes, me looking at them to win football games is absolute crazy talk.

The Titans were 2-4 when Tannehill got he starting job.  Since then he is 5-1  The Titans have an outside chance at ten wins this season... But for me to suggest it could even be possible they win 12 next year with a full year of solid QB play.... That is something you think is insane or worthy of trying to make a joke about.

Intersting
I might not change the world, but I sure won't ever let it change me. P.S.
 x 0 x 0
Some of the wins by the Titans were against garbage teams... but Tannehill beat Mahomes and he just Beat the Colts and they are a quality football team that is very well coached.
 x 0 x 0
When you think of teams that can beat the Chiefs... You think Niners, Ravens, Seahawks, maybe the Pats.

You do not think the Titans. And that is the point... People are not giving them and Tannehill enough credit for their turnaround.

5-1 as a starter.