Tank or not to tank?
11-22-2017, 05:40 PM,
RE: Tank or not to tank?
 x 0  x 0 
(11-22-2017, 05:20 PM)L.A.D.11 Wrote:  The good thing about Porter is he's only 18. Not that it's good to get injured, but I couldn't have happen at a better time for his NBA career or more so his draft stock. By June if it all goes well, he may be able to participate in non contact drills for teams. It's not like this occurred during the NCAA tournament and his timetable to return may results to a miss NBA season.

Anyone consider he could return to school? I mean his brother (teammate) and father (coach) are there and he probably want to experience making a run alongside them.

It would be pretty gutsy for him to do that. If his injury re-occurs, his stock could drop completely off the map. Like you said, the good thing about him getting injured now is that he still has the "unknown" factor to his game. He was rated a top 3 pick prior to his injury.
11-28-2017, 01:00 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Anyone care to re-evaluate?
I never cared if it was in the strike zone. If I could reach it, I could hit it.

-Yogi Berra
11-28-2017, 01:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2017, 01:37 AM by ancientyankee.)
 x 0  x 0 
We've already won 10 games. Is it already too late for a proper tank?
I never cared if it was in the strike zone. If I could reach it, I could hit it.

-Yogi Berra
11-28-2017, 01:42 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
I mean, my stance is still the same. TANK! Obviously this team has overachieved and with a few injuries, you can see how thin the roster can be. I think it's also extremely clear that Kanter is actually a huge part of this team (as I've been saying) and Willy Hernangomez is actually MUCH worse on defense than Kanter. I'd actually consider trading him for Okafor if Philly we're open to it. My only hesitation is he's best buds with KP.

Moreover, Frank is a project just to to get him to the level of a league average PG. Which means we need to play the shit out of him so that he can learn otherwise we are delaying this rebuild. He seems to have pretty thick skin so I think he can learn from his mistakes without it impacting his ego.

Lastly, while I like McDermott, he's definitely increased his value on this team and I think the Knicks could get a first round pick for him at the deadline. If that's the case, we should definitely consider it. He's a nice player, but he can be replaced and this team needs a guy who can create shots for himself and for others. Hardaway has been streaky, but is definitely a keeper.
11-28-2017, 04:13 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
My stance...let it play out until closer to the deadline. I don't see teams throwing us great value for players like Lee/KOQ/Kanter etc. Not right now at least.

Send guys that aren't playing much to D League to work on their game. Sitting on the bench is not doing them any good. Baker/Dotson/Billy should all be playing together down there until ready/needed.

We knew the guard rotation was weak. Unless Baker and Frank improve...we've peaked IMO. Losses will pile up as Jack shows age and hits a wall from lack of PT returning from injury. It really is all on Baker/Frank or a trade/10 day deal later this season.

Perry has a lot of work to do. If this team is not playing .500 ball near the deadline...break it up. Trade off vets and play the kids. See if KP needs surgery on his elbow and get as close to the top of their draft as we can.

I would be ok tanking now. I just don't see it happening. So I'll enjoy the wins we got...and appreciate the losses. Hopefully we draft well and Perry is not an idiot.
Fuck yo tank!
11-28-2017, 04:41 AM,
Tank or not to tank?
 x 0  x 0 
The only players I would deal in a package trade is Frank Baker Noah.

Maybe we can get one 2nd pick and season tickets we can share between board members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-05-2017, 12:20 AM,
Tank or not to tank?
 x 0  x 0 
With THJ out indefinitely during a pretty tame stretch of our schedule and it only getting harder, I can def start seeing the tank happen. We need to lose 4 out of 5 for the rest of the season to be in the race.
12-06-2017, 02:01 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
At this point only some supreme luck will suffice. We've already won too many games to "earn" our way to the top ... er bottom....
12-06-2017, 02:02 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
At this point only some supreme luck will suffice. We've already won too many games to "earn" our way to the top ... er bottom....
12-06-2017, 03:12 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Whether we draft 1st or last in the first round, we need competent people scouting and making that pick. You can fail at the top and come out a winner at the bottom as we have seen over and over. We dropped to 4 from 2 to get KP. The board went bananas including me when we lost that pick and got KP. So this Tanking is a load of needless bullshit!    
Game 7

Boone: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Boone: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
12-06-2017, 04:43 PM,
 x 1  x 0 
(12-06-2017, 03:12 PM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  Whether we draft 1st or last in the first round, we need competent people scouting and making that pick. You can fail at the top and come out a winner at the bottom as we have seen over and over. We dropped to 4 from 2 to get KP. The board went bananas including me when we lost that pick and got KP. So this Tanking is a load of needless bullshit!    

That's what people said about Minnesota and Philadelphia...and now they're two of the most talented young teams in the league.  You need high picks to increase your chances of finding good players...not that hard to understand.
12-06-2017, 04:55 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Do you really trust the knicks front office to draft a steal in the mid rounds? They missed on gallo and jordan hill in the lottery

"P Y P" pick your poison Beckham,marshall or shepard

12-07-2017, 05:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2017, 05:10 AM by Are We There Yet.)
 x 0  x 0 
(12-06-2017, 04:43 PM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  
(12-06-2017, 03:12 PM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  Whether we draft 1st or last in the first round, we need competent people scouting and making that pick. You can fail at the top and come out a winner at the bottom as we have seen over and over. We dropped to 4 from 2 to get KP. The board went bananas including me when we lost that pick and got KP. So this Tanking is a load of needless bullshit!    

That's what people said about Minnesota and Philadelphia...and now they're two of the most talented young teams in the league.  You need high picks to increase your chances of finding good players...not that hard to understand.

While I agree...we HAVE high picks at young ages CURRENTLY on our roster. Higher/younger than GSW did pre KD. 

We have 5 1st rd picks on our team 25 and under. 3 we drafted. 2 we drafted in the lottery. 

Frank 8th 19 yrs old
Timmy 24th 25 yrs old
Doug 11th 25 yrs old
KP 4th 22 yrs old
Kanter 3rd 25 years old

I would love to add a stud...top of the draft is where a lot of talent is found. We're beyond that now most likely. We're mid round picking. Where enough talent gets found every single year. Odds are lower but...dems da breaks kids. 

The Melo trade netted us too much. Mills getting Timmy hurt too much because he was beginning to look like a great signing. I suppose people would have preferred poor return for Melo and another albatross contract? 

I'm all for 100% kids. It's probably not going to happen. Oh well. The kids we do have are better than the shit we have been watching for how many years now? 17-1(54 wins)? I'll be happy watching this progress and hoping our scouts are putting in work. Win or lose. 

The only thing that will dampen my mood...is a very possible 9th seed finish. That's a kick in the cock. If we are pushing for the playoffs...we better make it! I would rather injuries jump start the tank than finish just shy of the playoffs. 

Hopefully...this rebuild yields results. Pretty good jump start if Frank actually amounts to anything starter worthy. 

On to Chicago. Fuck da Bulls!
Fuck yo tank!
12-07-2017, 12:21 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
seems like we're gonna be in the half-tank mode this season lol
12-07-2017, 01:03 PM,
 x 1  x 0 
(12-07-2017, 12:21 PM)uberm Wrote:  seems like we're gonna be in the half-tank mode this season lol

Just like the Jets...mediocrity for everyone!  Cheers!Zombie
12-07-2017, 03:45 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-07-2017, 12:21 PM)uberm Wrote:  seems like we're gonna be in the half-tank mode this season lol

Fans here waffle back and forth! Lose a few games and its Tank time. Win a few games and its playoffs time. I for one will be happy with a 500 record. Not sure if we can, let the cards fall where they may! 

NO TANK!    Slow
Game 7

Boone: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Boone: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
12-07-2017, 05:21 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
You never lose on purpose, but with the top heavy talented teams in the NBA you don't have too.  But the time to do this was 3 years ago.  Now with Kris a few years away from unrestricted free agency that ship has sailed.  

One thought is, we finish in the 11th or 12th slot and move up in the lottery.  My second thought is, big men are going to take up many of the top slots in 2018.  At the 10th slot are where the top shooting guards and point guards will be going at least for starters.  We should be fine
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

12-08-2017, 08:21 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Good point Doc. KP may not be down to stay with a perpetual tank. 2 years left on his rookie deal after this. The 2nd year is a QO.

Nail the draft picks!
Fuck yo tank!
12-08-2017, 09:33 AM,
Tank or not to tank?
 x 0  x 0 
(12-07-2017, 05:08 AM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  
(12-06-2017, 04:43 PM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  That's what people said about Minnesota and Philadelphia...and now they're two of the most talented young teams in the league.  You need high picks to increase your chances of finding good players...not that hard to understand.

While I agree...we HAVE high picks at young ages CURRENTLY on our roster. Higher/younger than GSW did pre KD. 

We have 5 1st rd picks on our team 25 and under. 3 we drafted. 2 we drafted in the lottery. 

Frank 8th 19 yrs old
Timmy 24th 25 yrs old
Doug 11th 25 yrs old
KP 4th 22 yrs old
Kanter 3rd 25 years old

I would love to add a stud...top of the draft is where a lot of talent is found. We're beyond that now most likely. We're mid round picking. Where enough talent gets found every single year. Odds are lower but...dems da breaks kids. 

The Melo trade netted us too much. Mills getting Timmy hurt too much because he was beginning to look like a great signing. I suppose people would have preferred poor return for Melo and another albatross contract? 

I'm all for 100% kids. It's probably not going to happen. Oh well. The kids we do have are better than the shit we have been watching for how many years now? 17-1(54 wins)? I'll be happy watching this progress and hoping our scouts are putting in work. Win or lose. 

The only thing that will dampen my mood...is a very possible 9th seed finish. That's a kick in the cock. If we are pushing for the playoffs...we better make it! I would rather injuries jump start the tank than finish just shy of the playoffs. 

Hopefully...this rebuild yields results. Pretty good jump start if Frank actually amounts to anything starter worthy. 

On to Chicago. Fuck da Bulls!

We can have a young Rick Brunson, young Langston Galloway, young Ndour, it doesn't mean we're in s better position.

It just means we drafted wrong.

Philly drafted wrong for several years. They got it right with Simmons and Embiid.

As much as I like Frank and McBucketts, I don't think they're starters on a contending team. Maybe McBuckets is. Jury is still out.

We're not sniffing the playoffs this year if Hardaway is out.

I think KP should take it easy. He shouldn't risk his health trying to carry this team in a losing cause.

In the meantime we need to start the engines in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-08-2017, 03:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2017, 03:41 PM by sgod35.)
 x 0  x 0 
Kp is not going to stick around if the knicks have no pieces around him when his contract come up FA is not going to solve our problems we've been down that road the last 25yrs..you have to build through the draft

"P Y P" pick your poison Beckham,marshall or shepard