Starbucks situation
 x 0 x 0
And as far as Starbucks’ response, they’re absolutely making the right business decision, whether it should be “necessary” or not.
 x 0 x 0
(04-17-2018, 09:38 PM)fetznjtown Wrote:  So the employee and police are saying that the men were asked to leave (by the employee) several times before police were called. Witnesses saying otherwise. I could see it going either way, especially given that the employee would have been doing anything to cover their ass. “Of course I reviewed the restroom policy and asked them to leave several times!!”

Unless i missed something .. there is a video of the police asking them to leave & they refused.  Not sure about the empolyee asking them to leave - I'm assuming they have camera in the store - should not be hard to prove out who said what.
 x 1 x 0
(04-17-2018, 09:39 PM)fetznjtown Wrote:  And as far as Starbucks’ response, they’re absolutely making the right business decision, whether it should be “necessary” or not.

If i'm employee and I was told to take a course on racial tolerance - for something someone else may or may not have done - i would be furious!
 x 0 x 0
(04-17-2018, 10:47 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(04-17-2018, 09:38 PM)fetznjtown Wrote:  So the employee and police are saying that the men were asked to leave (by the employee) several times before police were called. Witnesses saying otherwise. I could see it going either way, especially given that the employee would have been doing anything to cover their ass. “Of course I reviewed the restroom policy and asked them to leave several times!!”

Unless i missed something .. there is a video of the police asking them to leave & they refused.  Not sure about the empolyee asking them to leave - I'm assuming they have camera in the store - should not be hard to prove out who said what.

Oh I know the police asked them, I’m just talking about the employee. I’m not sure if they have camera evidence or not, but I’ll be curious to see if they do.
 x 0 x 0
(04-17-2018, 10:49 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(04-17-2018, 09:39 PM)fetznjtown Wrote:  And as far as Starbucks’ response, they’re absolutely making the right business decision, whether it should be “necessary” or not.

If i'm employee and I was told to take a course on racial tolerance - for something someone else may or may not have done - i would be furious!

LOL really?

I can think about a lot of worse things an employer could do to me, especially in a “one person’s actions affects all” scenario.
 x 1 x 0
In California, we have people living in bathrooms.  We have people showering in the sinks of public bathrooms.  We also have insane homeless people yelling and screaming at fast food employees and sometimes getting violent, both verbally and physically.  These people think it's their right to do these things.  So you can train these folks on racial sensitivity,  but that won't change a damn thing.

What we are seeing right now are the after-effects of the political correct era and its funny as hell when people who pushed for it are now appalled.  It will get worse Liberals...thank you schmucks!
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

x 0 x 0
(04-17-2018, 10:52 PM)fetznjtown Wrote:  
(04-17-2018, 10:49 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  If i'm employee and I was told to take a course on racial tolerance - for something someone else may or may not have done - i would be furious!

LOL really?

I can think about a lot of worse things an employer could do to me, especially in a “one person’s actions affects all” scenario.

This is pure Lefty PC culture gone extreme.  Not sure what the Starbucks employee did or did not do.  That is still 1 employee out of thousands.  And them you have 2 guys who wont leave a store even after cops asked them & intends to get arrested.  And you want the entire company to be trained/lectured on racial tolerance?  Not by anyone - but race baiter Eric Holder?  
 x 0 x 0
(Yesterday, 10:30 AM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(04-17-2018, 10:52 PM)fetznjtown Wrote:  LOL really?

This is pure Lefty PC culture gone extreme.  Not sure what the Starbucks employee did or did not do.  That is still 1 employee out of thousands.  And them you have 2 guys who wont leave a store even after cops asked them & intends to get arrested.  And you want the entire company to be trained/lectured on racial tolerance?  Not by anyone - but race baiter Eric Holder?  

This isn’t exactly why I can’t have a conversation with you. I never said whether or not they should have the training. I only said that I could think of a lot worse things as an employee. I certainly wouldn’t be angry about it. Big deal.
 x 0 x 0
(Yesterday, 07:36 PM)fetznjtown Wrote:  
(Yesterday, 10:30 AM)apollo04 Wrote:  This is pure Lefty PC culture gone extreme.  Not sure what the Starbucks employee did or did not do.  That is still 1 employee out of thousands.  And them you have 2 guys who wont leave a store even after cops asked them & intends to get arrested.  And you want the entire company to be trained/lectured on racial tolerance?  Not by anyone - but race baiter Eric Holder?  

This isn’t exactly why I can’t have a conversation with you. I never said whether or not they should have the training. I only said that I could think of a lot worse things as an employee. I certainly wouldn’t be angry about it. Big deal.

by "you" i meant starbucks as a company ... not literally you
 x 0 x 0
(Yesterday, 07:36 PM)fetznjtown Wrote:  
(Yesterday, 10:30 AM)apollo04 Wrote:  This is pure Lefty PC culture gone extreme.  Not sure what the Starbucks employee did or did not do.  That is still 1 employee out of thousands.  And them you have 2 guys who wont leave a store even after cops asked them & intends to get arrested.  And you want the entire company to be trained/lectured on racial tolerance?  Not by anyone - but race baiter Eric Holder?  

It will be a big deal for me ..... because the right thing to do would be for Eric holder to tell those two guys:
   #1.  Buy something if you are in  a Starbucks and you want to use their facility
   #2.  If you don't feel like buying something, if they tell you to leave .. just leave
    #3.  If cops asks you to leave ... leave.  Else don't whine when you get arrested.

That's should be the real lesson in life ... for everyone - regardless of race/color/sex.

Starbucks CEO just rolled over something trivial.  
 x 0 x 0
(Yesterday, 10:14 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(Yesterday, 07:36 PM)fetznjtown Wrote:  This isn’t exactly why I can’t have a conversation with you. I never said whether or not they should have the training. I only said that I could think of a lot worse things as an employee. I certainly wouldn’t be angry about it. Big deal.

by "you" i meant starbucks as a company ... not literally you

Gotcha.

And as far as I’m concerned, I think it’s a huge reach and not at all necessary. But if a huge portion of your clientele is going to view it in some kind of positive way - which I’m guessing is the case - then it’s the right business decision.
 x 0 x 0
(Yesterday, 10:23 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(Yesterday, 07:36 PM)fetznjtown Wrote:  This isn’t exactly why I can’t have a conversation with you. I never said whether or not they should have the training. I only said that I could think of a lot worse things as an employee. I certainly wouldn’t be angry about it. Big deal.

It will be a big deal for me ..... because the right thing to do would be for Eric holder to tell those two guys:
   #1.  Buy something if you are in  a Starbucks and you want to use their facility
   #2.  If you don't feel like buying something, if they tell you to leave .. just leave
    #3.  If cops asks you to leave ... leave.  Else don't whine when you get arrested.

That's should be the real lesson in life ... for everyone - regardless of race/color/sex.

Starbucks CEO just rolled over something trivial.  

Well #1, I think we’ve all been on the road at some point and used a restroom without purchasing something. And we’re not sure about #2. #3, yeah, you leave when police tell you to leave. People have it recorded, and you can raise whatever kind of hell you want to after the fact.
 x 0 x 0
(Yesterday, 09:57 AM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  In California, we have people living in bathrooms.  We have people showering in the sinks of public bathrooms.  We also have insane homeless people yelling and screaming at fast food employees and sometimes getting violent, both verbally and physically.  These people think it's their right to do these things.  So you can train these folks on racial sensitivity,  but that won't change a damn thing.

What we are seeing right now are the after-effects of the political correct era and its funny as hell when people who pushed for it are now appalled.  It will get worse Liberals...thank you schmucks!

Bingo, smh stupid morons
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor
 x 0 x 0
(Today, 01:28 AM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  
(Yesterday, 09:57 AM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  In California, we have people living in bathrooms.  We have people showering in the sinks of public bathrooms.  We also have insane homeless people yelling and screaming at fast food employees and sometimes getting violent, both verbally and physically.  These people think it's their right to do these things.  So you can train these folks on racial sensitivity,  but that won't change a damn thing.

Bingo, smh stupid morons

Many Californians are not happy with Brown and the leftist movement, but the Liberals are like Nazis and will come for your job, your reputation and anything they can cling to.  They will lie and make shit up, anything to hurt you.  You will see a big change in California in the next 5-10 years. 
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8