Self imposed ban is over
 x 0 x 0
I think pinterest has a lot of potential. My wife is crazy over pinterest and she's a pretty good indicator. She was screaming at me to buy ULTA in the teens and I ignored her now it's 323 ugh.

So I think PINS is probably a good bet. She's pounding the table over that stock now. They just reported really good growth too in their most recent qtr.
 x 0 x 0
(08-16-2019, 03:38 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  I think pinterest has a lot of potential. My wife is crazy over pinterest and she's a pretty good indicator. She was screaming at me to buy ULTA in the teens and I ignored her now it's 323 ugh.

So I think PINS is probably a good bet. She's pounding the table over that stock now. They just reported really good growth too in their most recent qtr.

lol, where you been JFS68, beyond just the board, Pinterest has been popular for ages.  You sound like a 70 year old man, oh wait, you are that old!

I'm not negative on Pinterest, but I see it sort of not providing too much of anything that you can't already get from Instagram.  And Pinterest's technology is fairly awful.  I mean it works how it needs to, but it's sloppy and messy.  But it's maintained its popularity with that so who knows.

People used to use Pinterest to plan and research, but now Instagram is getting that as well and shows less of a need for Pinterest.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
Ps My largest holding is GTHX (followed closely by ACAD) and I love this stock. They have a drug which helps chemo patients avoid transfusions, and infections during the period they are receiving treatments. They've had such awesome results so far they are talking with the FDA to file an early NDA. They just received a BTD for this drug. Tiny float and over subscribed by institutions (they own 107% of the float!). So the stock is very volatile. I have buys from as high as 50 and as low as 14 with average of 26. So it's not for the faint of heart to say the least. Currently they are seeking approval for certain types of lung cancer and breast cancer. But there is no reason this drug couldn't be used for all chemo patients that are in danger of getting low white counts or require transfusions as a normal course of treatment.

Don't buy this stock and complain to me if it goes down. Just letting you know what I own. If you want to follow me go ahead. But it's your decision. My buy recs are a thing of the past as no one is ever always right and of course timing is more important than what you buy in today's markets.
 x 0 x 0
(08-16-2019, 03:48 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(08-16-2019, 03:38 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  I think pinterest has a lot of potential. My wife is crazy over pinterest and she's a pretty good indicator. She was screaming at me to buy ULTA in the teens and I ignored her now it's 323 ugh.

lol, where you been JFS68, beyond just the board, Pinterest has been popular for ages.  You sound like a 70 year old man, oh wait, you are that old!

I'm not negative on Pinterest, but I see it sort of not providing too much of anything that you can't already get from Instagram.  And Pinterest's technology is fairly awful.  I mean it works how it needs to, but it's sloppy and messy.  But it's maintained its popularity with that so who knows.

People used to use Pinterest to plan and research, but now Instagram is getting that as well and shows less of a need for Pinterest.

Shit I know they've been around for a long time, but they just went public recently. They still have a strong following and like I said their earnings growth is impressive. Of course they will have to evolve to stay in the game. Same with any internet stock.
 x 0 x 0

dmb - what do you use instagram for?   I have a vague idea what it does, but never used it.  If you follow whatever in twitter - what can instgram give you that's not in twitter or FB.
 x 0 x 0

DBM - would trust JF68 for stock tips .. or his wife?   Shutup and buy pininterest.
 x 0 x 0
(08-16-2019, 04:03 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(08-16-2019, 03:48 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  lol, where you been JFS68, beyond just the board, Pinterest has been popular for ages.  You sound like a 70 year old man, oh wait, you are that old!

dmb - what do you use instagram for?   I have a vague idea what it does, but never used it.  If you follow whatever in twitter - what can instgram give you that's not in twitter or FB.

Holy cow you also sound old apollo!

I don't use it much, well I go on it but don't actively post.  But it's basically the newer/more popular Facebook.  The younger kids aren't on facebook or barely post on it.  Now everybody posts all their pictures on Instagram, some of them connect it to Facebook so it also posts on Facebook.  But young kinds only care about Instagram.

Instagram is better for picture content then the other two.  They also have video and live TV (like a youtube type video).  But actually what most people use Instagram for is the stories that expire in 24 hours.  Which Facebook then took an added.  Facebook owns instagram so not a surprise.  You can also save instagram posts to categorized board (like Pinterest).
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

x 0 x 0
(08-16-2019, 04:12 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(08-16-2019, 04:03 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  dmb - what do you use instagram for?   I have a vague idea what it does, but never used it.  If you follow whatever in twitter - what can instgram give you that's not in twitter or FB.

Holy cow you also sound old apollo!

I don't use it much, well I go on it but don't actively post.  But it's basically the newer/more popular Facebook.  The younger kids aren't on facebook or barely post on it.  Now everybody posts all their pictures on Instagram, some of them connect it to Facebook so it also posts on Facebook.  But young kinds only care about Instagram.

Instagram is better for picture content then the other two.  They also have video and live TV (like a youtube type video).  But actually what most people use Instagram for is the stories that expire in 24 hours.  Which Facebook then took an added.  Facebook owns instagram so not a surprise.  You can also save instagram posts to categorized board (like Pinterest).

Got it .. a younger version  of FB.   Got to give it try one day.   
 x 2 x 0
Fuck facebook, instagram, and twitter. I prefer to live my life in reality and not read about some person I haven’t seen in 15 years eating a fucking meal.
"Are we even Laing? "
 x 0 x 0
(08-16-2019, 08:04 PM)Jetsfansince76 Wrote:  Fuck facebook, instagram, and twitter. I prefer to live my life in reality and not read about some person I haven’t seen in 15 years eating a fucking meal.

as you just posted this on a message board, lol!  (and I saw you updated your status on facebook to: JFS76 is currently posting on Fieldchatter.com)

x 1 x 0
(08-16-2019, 08:04 PM)Jetsfansince76 Wrote:  Fuck facebook, instagram, and twitter. I prefer to live my life in reality and not read about some person I haven’t seen in 15 years eating a fucking meal.

I agree. I quit social media entirely a little over a year ago and have been a much happier and productive person. That was a great decision.
What do we care more about, children or money? How come we have armed guards in banks protecting the money and there's no one in schools protecting the kids.

I survived Fieldchatter Y2K! January 11th, 2019
 x 1 x 0

I had Frosted Flakes for dinner!
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
(08-16-2019, 09:42 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  

I know, I just liked the picture you posted of that bowl of cereal on Facebook. I saw you ate it at the Kellogg’s store in NYC.

x 0 x 0

Cocoa Pebbles/Cocoa Krispies >>>>> Frosted Flakes
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
 x 0 x 0
Jetguy hates Frosted Flakes I’d guess.

x 0 x 0
(08-16-2019, 11:05 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  Jetguy hates Frosted Flakes I’d guess.

Nah.....just think Cocoa Pebbles/Cocoa Krispies are (much) better. I had a bowl of Frosted Flakes a few years ago and they were way too sweet for me.
 x 0 x 0
(08-16-2019, 11:11 PM)Jetguy3 Wrote:  
(08-16-2019, 11:05 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  Jetguy hates Frosted Flakes I’d guess.

Nah.....just think Cocoa Pebbles/Cocoa Krispies are (much) better. I had a bowl of Frosted Flakes a few years ago and they were way too sweet for me.

Holy pickiest bitch on earth! God bless your wife!

x 0 x 0

At least you didn’t post a picture of it. Haha

I took a piss 15 minutes ago. Anybody care? Didn’t think so!
"Are we even Laing? "
 x 0 x 0
(08-16-2019, 11:46 PM)Jetsfansince76 Wrote:  
(08-16-2019, 09:42 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  I had Frosted Flakes for dinner!

At least you didn’t post a picture of it. Haha

I took a piss 15 minutes ago. Anybody care? Didn’t think so!

Not only did he post a picture of it, he tagged his Mom.

PS, you sound almost as grumpy as Jetguy!

x 0 x 0
(08-16-2019, 11:17 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(08-16-2019, 11:11 PM)Jetguy3 Wrote:  Nah.....just think Cocoa Pebbles/Cocoa Krispies are (much) better. I had a bowl of Frosted Flakes a few years ago and they were way too sweet for me.

Holy pickiest bitch on earth! God bless your wife!

You keep saying I’m picky.

Do you like EVERYTHING you’ve ever eaten? Do you have preferences? Do you walk into a restaurant or go through a drive-thru and when the person says “What can I get you” you just say “Whatever.....surprise me. Doesn’t matter what you serve me....I’m going to like it...I like everthing the same. I have no preferences”

When your wife says “Hey Hubby.....what do you feel like having for dinner tonight...pizza or chinese food?” Are you not human and say at a given time Chinese food doesn’t sound good right now....I’d rather have Pizza.....or pasta....or Mexican food, or Pancakes....etc, etc., etc?