Self imposed ban is over
 x 0 x 0
(08-13-2019, 12:12 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  
(08-12-2019, 01:11 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  Welcome back JFS68!  Is everything okay health-wise and everything else?

Thanks yes everything is and was fine. Just banned myself for ACAD sucking even though it was just more CNN bullshit.

So glad we have Darnold and got rid of Bowles and Mac but why Gase? That was a really odd decision but hope it works out. And firing Mac after the draft... only the Jets fire the GM after the draft lol.

lol .. so you banned yourself because ACAD tanked?!!  You should've just banned CNN - don't watch it until ACAD is $100.
 x 0 x 0
I think it’s hilarious that he banned himself until ACAD was at $30 and it couldn’t even get there after 2 years. LMAO. What a fucking dog that thing is. Funny stuff.

p.s. Welcome back ‘68. Good thing you caved now or else we may have never seen you again.

Now, for the board’s sake: Can the rest of you idiots stop talking about ACAD once and for all? Or at least move the shit off the main board? Maybe you could title it ‘68’s Stock “Tips” Bound To Lose You Money (or something along those lines).
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
 x 0 x 0
(08-13-2019, 12:38 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(08-13-2019, 12:12 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  Thanks yes everything is and was fine. Just banned myself for ACAD sucking even though it was just more CNN bullshit.

So glad we have Darnold and got rid of Bowles and Mac but why Gase? That was a really odd decision but hope it works out. And firing Mac after the draft... only the Jets fire the GM after the draft lol.

lol .. so you banned yourself because ACAD tanked?!!  You should've just banned CNN - don't watch it until ACAD is $100.

come on, that's not why he wasn't posting, he's just joking around
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
(08-13-2019, 03:07 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(08-13-2019, 12:38 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  lol .. so you banned yourself because ACAD tanked?!!  You should've just banned CNN - don't watch it until ACAD is $100.

come on, that's not why he wasn't posting, he's just joking around

It must be something to do with you - this always happens - you drive people nuts!  It is all your fault.
 x 0 x 0
(08-13-2019, 03:30 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(08-13-2019, 03:07 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  come on, that's not why he wasn't posting, he's just joking around

It must be something to do with you - this always happens - you drive people nuts!  It is all your fault.

68 loves him some DMB
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

x 0 x 0
There really wasn't much to talk about with the Jets. I stopped posting for awhile and after a few months sort of forgot about it. There's alot more excitement to be a Jets fan this year so here I am.

Regarding ACAD I always said it was a 5 year hold and 2020 is the make or break year for the stock. I agree it has been disappointing but at least they are growing revs, and the potential for the new trials is enormous. Stock will be well over 100/share if the additional indications go as I expect they will.
 x 0 x 0
(08-13-2019, 05:28 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  There really wasn't much to talk about with the Jets. I stopped posting for awhile and after a few months sort of forgot about it. There's alot more excitement to be a Jets fan this year so here I am.

Regarding ACAD I always said it was a 5 year hold and 2020 is the make or break year for the stock. I agree it has been disappointing but at least they are growing revs, and the potential for the new trials is enormous. Stock will be well over 100/share if the additional indications go as I expect they will.

Surprised drafting Darnold and his rookie season didn't bring you back. If that's not much to talk about Jets-wise, I'm not sure there will ever be much to talk about.

x 1 x 0
(08-13-2019, 05:28 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  There really wasn't much to talk about with the Jets. I stopped posting for awhile and after a few months sort of forgot about it. There's alot more excitement to be a Jets fan this year so here I am.

shows how stimulating convo we have on this board lol .

but do agree this year is exciting;  last year sort of had a promise, but we all knew .. with rookie QB, very little talent, and Bowles - it was going to be a long year. 
 x 0 x 0
So thoughts on the market? Do we think we're in for a recession? And if so, when? Now? Or in a year?

I badly want to buy Netflix as I think it's at a great discount, I kicked myself for not buying it when it was in the 305-310 range a couple weeks back and then within a day or two it shot up about $25/share. But now it's back down and now at 299. BUT, not sure if things will keep going down. I'm torn.

x 0 x 0
"Stocks plunged on Wednesday with the Dow Jones Industrial Average booking its worst single-day of trading for the year. Markets initially turned sharply lower after the U.S. bond market flashed its brightest warning signal yet presaging a potential recession."
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(08-14-2019, 05:08 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  So thoughts on the market? Do we think we're in for a recession? And if so, when? Now? Or in a year?

I badly want to buy Netflix as I think it's at a great discount, I kicked myself for not buying it when it was in the 305-310 range a couple weeks back and then within a day or two it shot up about $25/share. But now it's back down and now at 299. BUT, not sure if things will keep going down. I'm torn.

You a big baller, DMB? Pricey stock!
"Are we even Laing? "
 x 0 x 0
(08-14-2019, 06:43 PM)Jetsfansince76 Wrote:  
(08-14-2019, 05:08 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  So thoughts on the market?  Do we think we're in for a recession?  And if so, when?  Now?  Or in a year?

I badly want to buy Netflix as I think it's at a great discount, I kicked myself for not buying it when it was in the 305-310 range a couple weeks back and then within a day or two it shot up about $25/share.  But now it's back down and now at 299.  BUT, not sure if things will keep going down.  I'm torn.

You a big baller, DMB? Pricey stock!

Not really, I mean it's not ideal for me price-wise, but I like to buy things where I fully believe in the company.  Might be a really long term hold and if I can get it at a discount relative to what it had been trading at, I have to consider it.

The question is do I buy now, or are we headed for a relatively longer downturn that will keep it below-300 for a while.

Of course if anybody knew that, they would be crazy rich already, but just curious what people's thoughts are as to when/if the market will be headed for a recession.

x 0 x 0
Field, you would have made money while a lot of people lost if you changed investment strategies instead of running to the sideline. Since you’re such a good sport when we’re busting your balls I’ll give you half props for your timing, however, you also get a half field for being a pussy. Congrats!
"Are we even Laing? "
 x 1 x 0
(08-14-2019, 06:50 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(08-14-2019, 06:43 PM)Jetsfansince76 Wrote:  You a big baller, DMB? Pricey stock!

Not really, I mean it's not ideal for me price-wise, but I like to buy things where I fully believe in the company.  Might be a really long term hold and if I can get it at a discount relative to what it had been trading at, I have to consider it.

The question is do I buy now, or are we headed for a relatively longer downturn that will keep it below-300 for a while.

Of course if anybody knew that, they would be crazy rich already, but just curious what people's thoughts are as to when/if the market will be headed for a recession.

i've lot of netflix .. bought more 2 weeks ago around $301 .. i think it is a good entry point.

what i do is, collect 100 shares (or multiple of 100 like 100 or 200 etc), and when the price is up a bit - sell covered call.  Last time i sold covered call for 100 shrs of netflix, for Sept at $29 with strike of $400 (you can only do it if you have lot of 100).  Since price tanked & will no way hit $300 by sept, call price dropped below $1 .. so I closed it making $28 per share profit ($28x100=$2,800 total).  And still have the 100 netflix shares.  Once it goes back upto say $330-$340 range, will do another covered call with same shares.
 x 0 x 0
(08-14-2019, 05:08 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  So thoughts on the market?  Do we think we're in for a recession?  And if so, when?  Now?  Or in a year?

I badly want to buy Netflix as I think it's at a great discount, I kicked myself for not buying it when it was in the 305-310 range a couple weeks back and then within a day or two it shot up about $25/share.  But now it's back down and now at 299.  BUT, not sure if things will keep going down.  I'm torn.

I think alot of the talk of a recession is politically motivated. Of course it can happen, especially with the inverted yield curve. But things can change quickly to reverse that. Rate cuts, and a China tariff agreement, etc.

Netflix is a great company, but has always been very expensive. They really don't make a lot of money compared to their market cap.

Certainly the market has gone up alot and is due for a pullback. That said, timing market tops is impossible. It can go much higher than you ever imagine.
 x 0 x 0
(08-15-2019, 11:25 AM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  

I think alot of the talk of a recession is politically motivated. Of course it can happen, especially with the inverted yield curve. But things can change quickly to reverse that. Rate cuts, and a China tariff agreement, etc.

Netflix is a great company, but has always been very expensive. They really don't make a lot of money compared to their market cap.

Certainly the market has gone up alot and is due for a pullback. That said, timing market tops is impossible. It can go much higher than you ever imagine.

My feeling exactly.   Market analyst now is mixed with politics - every other day sky is falling -  1st tariff of 10% was going to kill the market;  2nd tariff when it got moved to 25% was going to kill the market;  3rd tariff of another 10% is going to kill everything.  But here we are, as of last month, unemployment at 50 year low at 3.7%

Fed needs to signal another 1 or 2 rate cuts coming - and market would be fine.  

Way out of China is issue .. way out of china!!  Let free market figure out a different supply chain that does not go through China - that could happen fairly rapidly.  Work with India, Vietnam or whoever - who does not have a national policy of stealing all your IPs.
 x 0 x 0
(08-15-2019, 11:38 AM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(08-15-2019, 11:25 AM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  I think alot of the talk of a recession is politically motivated. Of course it can happen, especially with the inverted yield curve. But things can change quickly to reverse that. Rate cuts, and a China tariff agreement, etc.

My feeling exactly.   Market analyst now is mixed with politics - every other day sky is falling -  1st tariff of 10% was going to kill the market;  2nd tariff when it got moved to 25% was going to kill the market;  3rd tariff of another 10% is going to kill everything.  But here we are, as of last month, unemployment at 50 year low at 3.7%

Fed needs to signal another 1 or 2 rate cuts coming - and market would be fine.  

Way out of China is issue .. way out of china!!  Let free market figure out a different supply chain that does not go through China - that could happen fairly rapidly.  Work with India, Vietnam or whoever - who does not have a national policy of stealing all your IPs.

That being said ... I've switched to more moderate allocation - right before the rate cut - i suspected market wont be happy with .25% cut .. so i moved around 30% of everything i have to bond/money mkt like stuff.   Would've done more, but did not want to trigger taxes on regular account - so mostly did it on 401K/retirement type accounts
 x 0 x 0
(08-15-2019, 11:08 AM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(08-14-2019, 06:50 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  Not really, I mean it's not ideal for me price-wise, but I like to buy things where I fully believe in the company.  Might be a really long term hold and if I can get it at a discount relative to what it had been trading at, I have to consider it.

i've lot of netflix .. bought more 2 weeks ago around $301 .. i think it is a good entry point.

what i do is, collect 100 shares (or multiple of 100 like 100 or 200 etc), and when the price is up a bit - sell covered call.  Last time i sold covered call for 100 shrs of netflix, for Sept at $29 with strike of $400 (you can only do it if you have lot of 100).  Since price tanked & will no way hit $300 by sept, PREMIUM dropped below $1 .. so I closed it making $28 per share profit ($28x100=$2,800 total).  And still have the 100 netflix shares.  Once it goes back upto say $330-$340 range, will do another covered call with same shares.

Smart. Trading options is fun.
"Are we even Laing? "
 x 0 x 0
kicking myself for not buying Netflix yesterday at around 293!!!

x 0 x 0
(08-16-2019, 02:42 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  kicking myself for not buying Netflix yesterday at around 293!!!

only about $10 more ... around $302 pct wise not much different.