Rumors of maybe Deshaun Watson to Pats
 x 0 x 0
Please note, I don’t think this is much more than talk, so not sure there’s any legs to them, and I think somewhat based on some Watson tweets.

But boy would that suck!
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
Is this an April fools joke a week early?
 x 0 x 0
Delete your face please
The time to turn this franchise around is now! Let's go JD!
 x 0 x 0
They'd have to give up like 3 1st round picks.
 x 0 x 0
Wouldn't be surprised if they looked at Cam though
The time to turn this franchise around is now! Let's go JD!
 x 0 x 0
(03-25-2020, 12:01 PM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  They'd have to give up like 3 1st round picks.

This is what the CBS article had:

Patriots receive: QB Deshaun Watson, 2021 sixth-round pick

Texans receive: 2020 first-round pick, 2021 first-round pick, 2021 third-round pick, 2021 fourth-round pick, 2022 second-round pick, OG Joe Thuney
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

x 0 x 0
Why would Houston trade him? Even if you think that's a nice haul... you're left without a QB. Bill O'Brien would literally be forced to resign if he did that, especially after the idiotic Hopkins trade.

Is this a rumor with any legs... or just some jackass making shit up? (I'm 99% sure it's the latter)
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
(03-25-2020, 01:04 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  Why would Houston trade him?  Even if you think that's a nice haul... you're left without a QB.  Bill O'Brien would literally be forced to resign if he did that, especially after the idiotic Hopkins trade.

Is this a rumor with any legs... or just some jackass making shit up? (I'm 99% sure it's the latter)

read the OP, pretty sure that's all it is (talk as a result of Watson's tweet)

x 0 x 0
(03-25-2020, 01:04 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  Why would Houston trade him?  Even if you think that's a nice haul... you're left without a QB.  Bill O'Brien would literally be forced to resign if he did that, especially after the idiotic Hopkins trade.

imagine the trade goes thru .. and BB goes to SB & wins it?  
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
even if they got Watson, that offense needs a lot of work, or at least at WR/TE

x 0 x 0
(03-25-2020, 02:04 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  

read the OP, pretty sure that's all it is (talk as a result of Watson's tweet)

I was just curious what the article said.  Did he say "I heard NE has offered this"... or the writer is speculating what it would take (so it's just made up).

This seems absolutely absurd to me.  Although the Hopkins trade was absurd as well.
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
(03-25-2020, 02:08 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  
(03-25-2020, 02:04 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  read the OP, pretty sure that's all it is (talk as a result of Watson's tweet)

I was just curious what the article said.  Did he say "I heard NE has offered this"... or the writer is speculating what it would take (so it's just made up).

This seems absolutely absurd to me.  Although the Hopkins trade was absurd as well.

there's a handful of articles, but this is the one with the trade above:

The Houston Texans shook up the NFL landscape at the start of 2020 free agency by essentially trading an All-Pro wide receiver in his prime for a battered 28-year-old running back, leaving many to wonder how in the world coach Bill O'Brien has been allowed to remain the team's general manager -- and if O'Brien cares at all to build around star quarterback Deshaun Watson.

It's now apparent that Watson himself isn't immune to the questions. The 24-year-old signal-caller posted some cryptic lyrics about a murky future and "iconic duos" being ripped apart, then sent speculation into hyper-drive by liking another user's tweet about deserving "better" -- a tweet not-so-subtly featuring a picture of New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who just happens to be in need of a new quarterback now that Tom Brady's packed his bags for Florida.

With all that in mind, we figured it appropriate to explore the possibility -- far-fetched or not -- of Watson becoming the latest big name to be exported from Houston:

x 0 x 0
(03-25-2020, 02:05 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  

imagine the trade goes thru .. and BB goes to SB & wins it?  

What's the greater likilhood:  They complete this trade and win the SB 

or...

Darnold figures it all out, ascends to greatness, despite having to carry Gase with him and wins the SB.

When you look at it like that, it's not that unreasonable.  
If you choose to pull the trigger,
should your drama prove sincere.
Do it somewhere far away from here.

x 0 x 0
(03-25-2020, 12:32 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(03-25-2020, 12:01 PM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  They'd have to give up like 3 1st round picks.

This is what the CBS article had:

Texans receive: 2020 first-round pick, 2021 first-round pick, 2021 third-round pick, 2021 fourth-round pick, 2022 second-round pick, OG Joe Thuney

Trust me this is bullshit! It makes 0 sense for Houston to trade him, they are in win mode now, as much as I hate O’Brien they wasn’t gonna re-sign Hop, can’t afford him so he got what he could, which wasn’t enough in everyone’s opinion here in Houston including me.

Why would they send 2 1st rd picks to us for Tunsil only to trade their star QB?? Lol
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor

Amat Victoria Praeparatio
 x 0 x 0
(03-25-2020, 05:11 PM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  
(03-25-2020, 12:32 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  This is what the CBS article had:

Trust me this is bullshit! It makes 0 sense for Houston to trade him, they are in win mode now, as much as I hate O’Brien they wasn’t gonna re-sign Hop, can’t afford him so he got what he could, which wasn’t enough in everyone’s opinion here in Houston including me.

Why would they send 2 1st rd picks to us for Tunsil only to trade their star QB?? Lol

The rumors are as a result of a Watson tweet.  If he wants out, then they'll be forced to trade him.

Also, nothing they've done makes sense. That being said, everyone understands this is highly highly unlikely to happen.