Robby to Panthers
 x 0 x 0
2 years 20 million
The time to turn this franchise around is now! Let's go JD!
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 04:42 PM)hustler07 Wrote:  2 years 20 million

thanks god .. we didn't sign him.  Lets move on from Robby.
It is what it is.
 x 1 x 0
Crowder, Enunwa, V. Smith is our top 3 WRs right now. How does that help develop a young QB? A slot guy, a bum who is always hurt, and a guy who is a fringe roster player.

2 years for $20M was incredibly reasonable. Only option now is to trade for T. Williams and sell out in WR in the draft.
 x 0 x 0
Jeudy or Lamb now might be the pick at 11.
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 04:50 PM)ZenMaster Wrote:  Crowder, Enunwa, V. Smith is our top 3 WRs right now. How does that help develop a young QB? A slot guy, a bum who is always hurt, and a guy who is a fringe roster player.

2 years for $20M was incredibly reasonable. Only option now is to trade for T. Williams and sell out in WR in the draft.

It doesn't help to keep a guy who has done nothing much over last few years, and probably wont be doing much in next few years.  

You keep crowder obviously, and then we will draft 1 WR at least.  Wait and see who gets cut, and/or see if you can trade someone for cooks.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
I also think Breshad Perriman now might be someone JD goes after.
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 04:55 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 04:50 PM)ZenMaster Wrote:  Crowder, Enunwa, V. Smith is our top 3 WRs right now. How does that help develop a young QB? A slot guy, a bum who is always hurt, and a guy who is a fringe roster player.

It doesn't help to keep a guy who has done nothing much over last few years, and probably wont be doing much in next few years.  

You keep crowder obviously, and then we will draft 1 WR at least.  Wait and see who gets cut, and/or see if you can trade someone for cooks.

Huh? Anderson has been our best WR for the past 3-4 years. Done nothing? He’s not a #1 by any means but he’s easily an 800 yard and 6-7 TD guy with solid QB play. Could even break 1000 with great QB play. He’s been putting up 750 and 5 with god awful QB play. I don’t understand why you are so anti-Robby. It makes no sense.
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 04:58 PM)Limpbiz Wrote:  I also think Breshad Perriman now might be someone JD goes after.

We’ve been linked to Dorsett. I’ll bet he’s our guy. And he will inevitably be out of the league in a year or two.
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 05:28 PM)ZenMaster Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 04:55 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  It doesn't help to keep a guy who has done nothing much over last few years, and probably wont be doing much in next few years.  

Huh? Anderson has been our best WR for the past 3-4 years. Done nothing? He’s not a #1 by any means but he’s easily an 800 yard and 6-7 TD guy with solid QB play. Could even break 1000 with great QB play. He’s been putting up 750 and 5 with god awful QB play. I don’t understand why you are so anti-Robby. It makes no sense.

He sucks.   Let's move on and get someone better.  He gets pushed around easily, you touch him he drops the ball - high wind could knock him over.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 05:30 PM)ZenMaster Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 04:58 PM)Limpbiz Wrote:  I also think Breshad Perriman now might be someone JD goes after.

We’ve been linked to Dorsett. I’ll bet he’s our guy. And he will inevitably be out of the league in a year or two.

Seattle signed Dorsett
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 05:31 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 05:28 PM)ZenMaster Wrote:  Huh? Anderson has been our best WR for the past 3-4 years. Done nothing? He’s not a #1 by any means but he’s easily an 800 yard and 6-7 TD guy with solid QB play. Could even break 1000 with great QB play. He’s been putting up 750 and 5 with god awful QB play. I don’t understand why you are so anti-Robby. It makes no sense.

He sucks.   Let's move on and get someone better.  He gets pushed around easily, you touch him he drops the ball - high wind could knock him over.

Ok you obviously have some weird hatred for him. He objectively doesn’t suck. He’s not a #1. You want to argue he’s not worth $10M? Fine. But he could be a #2 on at least 25 or so teams. I just don’t see why we wouldnt both keep him AND get somebody better. Robby, Crowder and a 1st or 2nd round pick should have AT MINIMUM, been our WR group next year.

Best case scenario, we trade a 3rd for T Williams, draft OT at 11, then draft WR, WR next two picks. Very good OL, still very questionable WR group. Crowder and 2 rookies.
......again, Trade for Williams, draft Lamb/Jeudy, then WR/OL in round 2/3. Still below avg WR group (relying on a rookie), very questionable still at RT, that worries me. Fant/Edoga at RT could be a disaster.
.....don’t trade for Williams, and a rookie LT could be very shaky. Another rookie on the OL likely, two rookie WRs. That’s scary.

All of that is if they use every resource on the offense. Which I guarantee doesn’t happen. I don’t see a path to have both, a good OL and a good group of receivers to help Darnold develop, without keeping Anderson. There is no other WR in free agency that moves the needle. There is probably no OL worth that money either. So now you have to use a draft asset to improve the offense. There are too many holes to be able to have to rely on 3-4 rookies to have a significant impact in order for the offense to improve.
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 05:52 PM)Limpbiz Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 05:30 PM)ZenMaster Wrote:  We’ve been linked to Dorsett. I’ll bet he’s our guy. And he will inevitably be out of the league in a year or two.

Seattle signed Dorsett

Thank god
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 06:09 PM)ZenMaster Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 05:52 PM)Limpbiz Wrote:  Seattle signed Dorsett

Thank god

Thank god ^ Thank god
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 06:08 PM)ZenMaster Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 05:31 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  He sucks.   Let's move on and get someone better.  He gets pushed around easily, you touch him he drops the ball - high wind could knock him over.

Ok you obviously have some weird hatred for him. He objectively doesn’t suck. He’s not a #1. You want to argue he’s not worth $10M? Fine. But he could be a #2 on at least 25 or so teams. I just don’t see why we wouldnt both keep him AND get somebody better. Robby, Crowder and a 1st or 2nd round pick should have AT MINIMUM, been our WR group next year.

Best case scenario, we trade a 3rd for T Williams, draft OT at 11, then draft WR, WR next two picks. Very good OL, still very questionable WR group. Crowder and 2 rookies.
......again, Trade for Williams, draft Lamb/Jeudy, then WR/OL in round 2/3. Still below avg WR group (relying on a rookie), very questionable still at RT, that worries me. Fant/Edoga at RT could be a disaster.
.....don’t trade for Williams, and a rookie LT could be very shaky. Another rookie on the OL likely, two rookie WRs. That’s scary.

All of that is if they use every resource on the offense. Which I guarantee doesn’t happen.  I don’t see a path to have both, a good OL and a good group of receivers to help Darnold develop, without keeping Anderson. There is no other WR in free agency that moves the needle. There is probably no OL worth that money either. So now you have to use a draft asset to improve the offense. There are too many holes to be able to have to rely on 3-4 rookies to have a significant impact in order for the offense to improve.

Many here telling us he is #1 guy - someone here going as far as he play elite.  Glad you realize he is not #1.  I am telling you he is not even a good #2 .... certainly not worth $10m/year for a #2.  He should be a #3 type guy.  He is not worth $10M.   If you could've gotten robby for $5m-$7m range for 1 or 2 year - yeah maybe.  But he is not the future - mve on.

You are not going to fix this in 1 season - we all knew that.  We take the BPA   in WR or OT  in round 1, and the we flip that in round 2 (meaning we get WR & OT in first 2 rounds).  We should be able to get another cheap vet WR - someone will get cut. Don't rule out trading a 3rd or 4th with someone for a WR.  Remember we also have two good/decent TEs now.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
Let's see how he does in a real franchise that isn't filled with morons. My guess is he lights it up in Carolina.

Now let's draft WR with our #1 pick. Finally a skill player early. It will be refreshing if nothing else.
 x 0 x 1
(03-24-2020, 06:21 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  Let's see how he does in a real franchise that isn't filled with morons. My guess is he lights it up in Carolina.

Now let's draft WR with our #1 pick. Finally a skill player early. It will be refreshing if nothing else.

I don't know if Teddy B is the right QB to light it up with.  On top of that, they already have a nice speed/downfield threat in Curtis Samuel.

I don't love the fit.  I actually think he'd be a nice fit with a healthy Cam Newton.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

x 0 x 1
(03-24-2020, 07:13 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 06:21 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  Let's see how he does in a real franchise that isn't filled with morons. My guess is he lights it up in Carolina.

I don't know if Teddy B is the right QB to light it up with.  On top of that, they already have a nice speed/downfield threat in Curtis Samuel.

I don't love the fit.  I actually think he'd be a nice fit with a healthy Cam Newton.

Wait ... years back DMB thought Teddy would be great.  He also thought robby would be great.  Two of them are now united - so why doesn't DMB love the fit lol?
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 1
(03-24-2020, 07:37 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 07:13 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  I don't know if Teddy B is the right QB to light it up with.  On top of that, they already have a nice speed/downfield threat in Curtis Samuel.

Wait ... years back DMB thought Teddy would be great.  He also thought robby would be great.  Two of them are now united - so why doesn't DMB love the fit lol?

Keep lying you pathetic excuse for a human being.

I don't think they are a fit for Teddy's style of play and b/c they already have a deep threat, so it's a bad fit for multiple reasons.  I know you aren't capable of understanding anything beyond Yes or No, beyond Black or White.  So you don't care for specifics.  You're the dumbest human alive.

x 0 x 1
(03-24-2020, 06:08 PM)ZenMaster Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 05:31 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  He sucks.   Let's move on and get someone better.  He gets pushed around easily, you touch him he drops the ball - high wind could knock him over.

All of that is if they use every resource on the offense. Which I guarantee doesn’t happen.  I don’t see a path to have both, a good OL and a good group of receivers to help Darnold develop, without keeping Anderson. There is no other WR in free agency that moves the needle. There is probably no OL worth that money either. So now you have to use a draft asset to improve the offense. There are too many holes to be able to have to rely on 3-4 rookies to have a significant impact in order for the offense to improve.

Don't waste your time.  There's a reason why apollo is known as the "village idiot" on here.  He only sees things in extremes, black and white.  Robby is either amazing, or awful.  No in between.  He can't understand logical explanations.

Beyond all that, he's so insanely historically dumb he doesn't have the ability to understand what you wrote above.  And he's wrong about everything, every single year, so he won't come within a million miles of grasping any point you make.  His stupidity level needs to be studied by science.

x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 07:44 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 07:37 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  Wait ... years back DMB thought Teddy would be great.  He also thought robby would be great.  Two of them are now united - so why doesn't DMB love the fit lol?

Keep lying you pathetic excuse for a human being.

I don't think they are a fit for Teddy's style of play and b/c they already have a deep threat, so it's a bad fit for multiple reasons.  I know you aren't capable of understanding anything beyond Yes or No, beyond Black or White.  So you don't care for specifics.  You're the dumbest human alive.

lol somebody is triggered ... I'm just pointing out what you have said before you liar.
It is what it is.