RIP Walt Michaels
 x 0 x 0
(NFL.COM)

Former NYJ head coach and DC of SB III Championship team.

I actually liked this guy. If Hess, god rest his soul, wasn't so clueless and miserly, Perhaps Michaels would have been more successful. What plagued his teams was a set of turnstiles for an O Line. O' Brien was legit enough to win with, if he only had protection and time. McNeil would have run for more yards if he only had blocking.
The Sack Exchange did its job though and it was a well contrived and executed D. If only Gastineau didn't give other teams (Browns) new life with stupid penalties borne of self indulgence.
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
 x 0 x 0
(07-11-2019, 07:13 PM)Airbornemedic68 Wrote:  O'Brien was legit

We all are. What a great last name!
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
 x 1 x 0
Michaels didn't coach or even draft O'brien, he was gone prior season, so don't know why mention him on death of Michaels. O'brien shouldn't have been the pick to begin with anyway. He has same number of rushing tds as I do in NFL
"I vow to be kinder and gentler until someone pisses me off"
 x 0 x 0
(07-11-2019, 10:13 PM)bajanking23 Wrote:  Michaels didn't coach or even draft O'brien, he was gone prior season, so don't know why mention him on death of Michaels. O'brien shouldn't have been the pick to begin with anyway. He has same number of rushing tds as I do in NFL

Fuck me LOL... RICHARD TODD! O Brien was legit too but wow! What a fuck up!
 x 0 x 0
(07-11-2019, 10:13 PM)bajanking23 Wrote:  Michaels didn't coach or even draft O'brien, he was gone prior season, so don't know why mention him on death of Michaels. O'brien shouldn't have been the pick to begin with anyway. He has same number of rushing tds as I do in NFL

Also the atrocious lines Todd had? The tradition continued into the Joe Walton era. I'm surprised Kenny O lasted as long as he did as much as he's been hit. Anyway, thanks for catching that.... It all starts bleeding together after 4+ decades of the shit show.
 x 0 x 0

First of all, the name is O’Brien.....get it right. Thanks.

Secondly, why even mention rushing TD’s when talking about a QB? That’s kind of weird.

You’re correct about Michaels not coaching O’Brien though. He was gone by the time O’Brien was drafted in ‘83....so don’t exactly know why ABM brought that up (maybe he just misremembered)
 x 1 x 0
(07-11-2019, 11:12 PM)Jetguy3 Wrote:  

First of all, the name is O’Brien.....get it right. Thanks.

Secondly, why even mention rushing TD’s when talking about a QB? That’s kind of weird.

You’re correct about Michaels not coaching O’Brien though. He was gone by the time O’Brien was drafted in ‘83....so don’t exactly know why ABM brought that up (maybe he just misremembered)

I can't be uptight with the guy for correcting my mistake. Yes it's all a blur at this point but he was right O'Brien is a Walton quarterback.
 x 1 x 0
(07-12-2019, 12:28 AM)Airbornemedic68 Wrote:  
(07-11-2019, 11:12 PM)Jetguy3 Wrote:  First of all, the name is O’Brien.....get it right. Thanks.

I can't be uptight with the guy for correcting my mistake. Yes it's all a blur at this point but he was right O'Brien is a Walton quarterback.

Hadn’t seen that you addressed that before posting. Hope you’re doing well these days Brother.