Prospect Tidbits
 x 0 x 0
(05-18-2018, 11:54 AM)ancientyankee Wrote:  Shortstop Abital Avelino was signed out of the the DR as a 17 year-old in 2012. He's always been a speedster on the bases, but never had much of a bat and was in the shadow of Jorge Mateo and then Gleyber Torres and Miguel Andujar among Yankee infield prospects.

This year, though, he's been lighting it up at the plate, hitting .341 in 38 games, with 4 HRs, 25 RBIs and 14 stolen bases in 16 tries at AA and AAA. Since being promoted to AAA SWB, he's hitting .410 with 9 SBs in 16 games. Yesterday he went 4-5 with a 2B, HR and 5 RBIs.

Don't know what the Yankees would do with yet another young infielder right now, but his stock is suddenly rising and he could be a useful trade chip in a package for another starter.

We have to many good players, we need to down size!            O_O
Game 7

Boone: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Boone: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
 x 0 x 0
(05-19-2018, 10:40 PM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  
(05-18-2018, 11:54 AM)ancientyankee Wrote:  Shortstop Abital Avelino was signed out of the the DR as a 17 year-old in 2012. He's always been a speedster on the bases, but never had much of a bat and was in the shadow of Jorge Mateo and then Gleyber Torres and Miguel Andujar among Yankee infield prospects.

This year, though, he's been lighting it up at the plate, hitting .341 in 38 games, with 4 HRs, 25 RBIs and 14 stolen bases in 16 tries at AA and AAA. Since being promoted to AAA SWB, he's hitting .410 with 9 SBs in 16 games. Yesterday he went 4-5 with a 2B, HR and 5 RBIs.

Don't know what the Yankees would do with yet another young infielder right now, but his stock is suddenly rising and he could be a useful trade chip in a package for another starter.

We have to many good players, we need to down size!            O_O

This from the guy who didn't want to trade a single prospect last year. The thing I love most about you, Jeep, is that you always come round to my way of thinking. Drunk
If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
(05-20-2018, 11:51 AM)ancientyankee Wrote:  
(05-19-2018, 10:40 PM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  We have to many good players, we need to down size!            

This from the guy who didn't want to trade a single prospect last year. The thing I love most about you, Jeep, is that you always come round to my way of thinking. Drunk

They just sent Frasier down because they have no room. Bird will be back at the end of the week and don't forget McKinney. Drury, a MBL player is wasting his time down in Scranton. The log jam has to be blown up!     O_O  
Game 7

Boone: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Boone: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
 x 0 x 0
(05-21-2018, 10:54 AM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  
(05-20-2018, 11:51 AM)ancientyankee Wrote:  This from the guy who didn't want to trade a single prospect last year. The thing I love most about you, Jeep, is that you always come round to my way of thinking. Drunk

They just sent Frasier down because they have no room. Bird will be back at the end of the week and don't forget McKinney. Drury, a MBL player is wasting his time down in Scranton. The log jam has to be blown up!     O_O  

Right now Austin is hitting so well that I even wonder if there's room for Bird, especially if he's still sub-par. But the Yankees do need a lefty power bat.

Just read, to my surprise, that Austin is still technically a rookie and leads all AL rookies in  home runs. Austin came into the season with 123 ML at bats, and the rookie cut-off is 125. So the Yankees actually have three rookies in their starting lineup, at least until Bird is back.
If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else.

-Yogi Berra