Prospect Tidbits
 x 0 x 0
Don't know why I'm even posting this because this board seems to have died, but WTF, here's a bit of good news about our prospects:

Gleyber Torres is off to a hot start at AAA Scranton, hitting .387 with 7 RBIs through 8 games.

Chance Adams, after getting roughed up in his first start, came back to pitch 5 strong innings his second time out, allowing no runs and striking out 6.

At AA Trenton, Justus Sheffield also had a bad first outing and came back strong in his 2nd start, allowing only 1 hit and one run, while walking 2 and striking out 9 in 5.2 innings.

At A+ Tampa, 6'5" righty Trevor Stephan, the Yankees' 3rd round draft pick last year, has pitched to a 1.80 ERA in 2 starts, with 14 strikeouts in 10 innings. This after posting a 1.31 ERA  and 44 strikeouts in 34 innings of rookie ball last year.

Meanwhile at class A Charleston, outfielder Steven Sensley, last year's 12th round draft pick, is absolutely raking, hitting .400 with 3 doubles, a triple, and 2 HRs in 9 games. This after hitting .292 with 15 doubles and 13 HRs in 50 rookie league games last season. Don't know much about him, but it looks like this guy can hit.

That's all, folks.
I never cared if it was in the strike zone. If I could reach it, I could hit it.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
My talents are spread thin these days, but a great post!      In-love
Game 7

Boone: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Boone: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
 x 1 x 0
6'5", 22 year-old righty Trevor Stephan may soon rise to the top of our pitching prospect list. He's that good. Last year's #3 draft pick had his 3rd straight great start for A+ Tampa, allowing no runs on two hits and 2 walks, while striking out 8 in 6 innings. So far this young season, he's pitched 16 inning, allowing 8 hits and walking 3, while striking out 22. His ERA is 1.13, with an 0.69 WHIP. Opposing batters are hitting .148 against him.

In 50 pro innings, in 3 leagues, he's got a 1.25 ERA, an 0.74 WHIP, and is holding batters to a .162 BA. He's struck out 66 and walked only 9. Expect to see him at AA Trenton sooner rather than later, and an invite to spring training next season is a solid possibility. If only he can stay healthy, he might be in the starting rotation by mid-2019. Think Jacob DeGrom ... with short hair. Yarr

Just don't tear the UL, guy ... please!
I never cared if it was in the strike zone. If I could reach it, I could hit it.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
Trevor Stephan :)
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(7 hours ago)Tom Hanks Wrote:  Trevor Stephan :)

Did some research on Stephan, trying to figure out why he lasted until nearly the end of the third round.

For one thing, he was an infielder until his senior year in high school, when he switched to the mound, so he didn't have the pitching track record. Red Sox drafted him in the 38th round in 2015, but he decided on college.

Credit the Yankees scouting staff for finding a diamond in the rough. Old scouting reports questioned his secondary stuff, which included a slow, less than average curve, and the consensus was that he'd be a bullpen guy.

So what changed? The big thing was that he junked the curve and picked up a wicked slider, which became his strikeout pitch. His fastball went from 93 MPH to 95-97, and he acquired a change-up which is now said to be at least decent and getting better. Also, a 66-9 K/BB ratio says his command is very good.

He's shot up to #15 on the Yankees prospect list, and that was before the 2018 season started.

-Yogi Berra