Penn State
 x 0 x 0
Ranked #4?!? Same HC and OC when Hack was there 2 years ago?

Intrsting
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
 x 0 x 0
Forget Hack....They're a much more talented team the last 2 years......The O line is a really really really good O line and Barkley is a the real deal at RB. Franklin has done an amazing job building this post Joe P tarnished program up.
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/14/penn-state-football-hazing-lawsuit-isaiah-humphries-jerry-sandusky-james-franklin/
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
 x 0 x 0
(09-10-2017, 12:15 AM)Limpbiz Wrote:  Ranked #4?!? Same HC and OC when Hack was there 2 years ago?

Intrsting

yeah remember when everyone said Hack wasn't playing well b/c he had a shitty coach and a shitty team.  Franklin was the coach, however the even funnier part is that his RB and WR were Saquon Barkley and Chris Godwin!  That might be one of, if not the best RB/WR combo of the last 10-20 years on the same college team.  Lol!

His 2nd best WR that year too was DaeSean Hamilton, a semi-dolof contributor (4th rounder) for the Broncos the last 2 seasons.

Btw, I told people this at the time (about Barkley and Godwin being really good).
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
(01-14-2020, 05:42 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(09-10-2017, 12:15 AM)Limpbiz Wrote:  Ranked #4?!? Same HC and OC when Hack was there 2 years ago?

Intrsting

yeah remember when everyone said Hack wasn't playing well b/c he had a shitty coach and a shitty team.  Franklin was the coach, however the even funnier part is that his RB and WR were Saquon Barkley and Chris Godwin!  That might be one of, if not the best RB/WR combo of the last 10-20 years on the same college team.  Lol!

His 2nd best WR that year too was DaeSean Hamilton, a semi-dolof contributor (4th rounder) for the Broncos the last 2 seasons.

Btw, I told people this at the time (about Barkley and Godwin being really good).

Oh and Hack's freshman season he played with Allen Robinson!

So Hack might have literally had the best offensive skill talent of any QB in the last few decades!  Maybe all time!

Oh and two more guys that Hack had during his time there, two NFL TE's, Jesse James and Mike Gesicki.  To be fair, if was during Gesicki's Fresh and Soph seasons, so he wasn't a big impact guy then.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

x 0 x 0
I found the thread, I don't like bumping threads but boy is this as bumpable as threads get. The best line from Field is:

2. Ito s widely reported hacks wideouts were shit. And his good one injured. I don't follow college and even I know that.

The guy had some of the best talent you'll ever see a college QB get. Lol! Gotta love Field!

Great read!

http://www.fieldchatter.com/forum/Thread-One-More-Thing-To-Consider-with-Hackenberg?page=3

x 0 x 0
(01-14-2020, 05:46 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(01-14-2020, 05:42 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  yeah remember when everyone said Hack wasn't playing well b/c he had a shitty coach and a shitty team.  Franklin was the coach, however the even funnier part is that his RB and WR were Saquon Barkley and Chris Godwin!  That might be one of, if not the best RB/WR combo of the last 10-20 years on the same college team.  Lol!

Oh and Hack's freshman season he played with Allen Robinson!

So Hack might have literally had the best offensive skill talent of any QB in the last few decades!  Maybe all time!

Oh and two more guys that Hack had during his time there, two NFL TE's, Jesse James and Mike Gesicki.  To be fair, if was during Gesicki's Fresh and Soph seasons, so he wasn't a big impact guy then.
I believe the argument was that his numbers were better under his 1st coach than they were his 2nd. That is indisputable. That being said, he may go as the worst 2nd round pick of all time considering he's a QB
"HOWEVER, I do believe every negative comment deserves a response, if we so choose." Redtrek
 x 0 x 0
(01-14-2020, 05:57 PM)hustler07 Wrote:  
(01-14-2020, 05:46 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  Oh and Hack's freshman season he played with Allen Robinson!

I believe the argument was that his numbers were better under his 1st coach than they were his 2nd. That is indisputable. That being said, he may go as the worst 2nd round pick of all time considering he's a QB

No that wasn't the argument, just look above.  I mean it's possible that was one argument by one or some people.  But that wasn't what most were saying.

Also, as far as what you said, yes his numbers were best his freshman season but only by a bit.  He was basically the same QB all 3 seasons, fairly minor differences from season to season.  Of course you expect improvement after his Freshman season.  Either way, he had good coaching, and great offensive skill talent.  His Oline was poor.

x 0 x 0
Wasn't O Brien his initial HC? One, done on to coach the Texans. Hackenjobber was just a beneficiary of what was around him. If I remember, the generally agreed upon position here was taking a flier in a later round or UDFA. I don't remember anyone pounding the table for him here. Not like I was about Brandon Bridge some years back which is as big a whiff.
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
 x 0 x 0
(01-14-2020, 08:30 PM)Airbornemedic68 Wrote:  Wasn't O Brien his initial HC? One, done on to coach the Texans. Hackenjobber was just a beneficiary of what was around him. If I remember, the generally agreed upon position here was taking a flier in a later round or UDFA. I don't remember anyone pounding the table for him here. Not like I was about Brandon Bridge some years back which is as big a whiff.

No, there were crazy excuses made for Hack for why he sucked after we drafted him.  Other than the Oline excuse, the others were related to the talent around him (which was off the charts amazingly insane) and his coach.  Of course both were untrue, he had good coaching (O'Brien for a year then Franklin for 2 years) and great talent around him.  His Oline was bad, but nearly every good college QB can overcome their Oline to at least a decent extent, especially with amazing talent around them at the skill positions.

x 0 x 0
Just when I see this post being bumped up I read an article a former player is suing Penn St and the HC for hazing. Worse part is the players would tell the underclassmen they were going to Sandusky them. Stupid fuckers.
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
 x 0 x 0
Yea i posted the link to that story in here
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
 x 0 x 0
The Jets have had some world class bad 2nd round draft picks but Hack has to be in the conversation as the worst one. A reach of epic proportions. No one else was even thinking about him there. He probably wasn't even going to come up in conversation in a war room for everyone else until the 6th round.
 x 0 x 0
(01-15-2020, 11:08 AM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  The Jets have had some world class bad 2nd round draft picks but Hack has to be in the conversation as the worst one. A reach of epic proportions. No one else was even thinking about him there. He probably wasn't even going to come up in conversation in a war room for everyone else until the 6th round.

This is something that was said RIGHT AFTER THE DRAFT (not years later)… that a lot of "experts" thought Hack shouldn't have even been drafted.

You need to be smart enough not to take a player in the 2nd round that plenty wouldn't even draft.  Even a QB (which I typically am cool with picking a little too early).
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
(01-15-2020, 11:15 AM)sheets316 Wrote:  
(01-15-2020, 11:08 AM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  The Jets have had some world class bad 2nd round draft picks but Hack has to be in the conversation as the worst one. A reach of epic proportions. No one else was even thinking about him there. He probably wasn't even going to come up in conversation in a war room for everyone else until the 6th round.

This is something that was said RIGHT AFTER THE DRAFT (not years later)… that a lot of "experts" thought Hack shouldn't have even been drafted.

You need to be smart enough not to take a player in the 2nd round that plenty wouldn't even draft.  Even a QB (which I typically am cool with picking a little too early).

I can still remember the look on Mike Mayock's face when they drafted him. If he had a mouthful of beer he would have spit it all over the set.
 x 0 x 0
(01-15-2020, 05:56 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  
(01-15-2020, 11:15 AM)sheets316 Wrote:  This is something that was said RIGHT AFTER THE DRAFT (not years later)… that a lot of "experts" thought Hack shouldn't have even been drafted.

I can still remember the look on Mike Mayock's face when they drafted him. If he had a mouthful of beer he would have spit it all over the set.

If he had a good WR and RB's, he would have been a legit 2nd rounder.

x 0 x 0
Field, while you're on the board, check out your major pwnage above!