Panther's releasing Newton
 x 0 x 0
Not a big shock. He might be done in the NFL, unless he's willing to sign cheaply and prove he's not permanently too injured to play at a high level.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28946515/sources-panthers-expected-release-cam-newton
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 12:35 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  Not a big shock. He might be done in the NFL, unless he's willing to sign cheaply and prove he's not permanently too injured to play at a high level.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28946515/sources-panthers-expected-release-cam-newton

there are so many many teams with bad QB situation - he'll get a chance.  Probably not immediate starter but after 3-4 games, there will be teams looking for his service.

Amazing how much he has fallen - right before the SB game - he was flying high, good shot they were going to win the SB - and it was all downhill from there.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
He is not done and FYI most people knew most likely he was going to be done with Carolina months ago

He could get starting job or come in a situation as 2 and be 1 soon...it will play out and would not shock me if he has success in the future....same Winston
What killed Winston this off season he is the type of player if your GM you would need to sit down with and get a pulse of him in person since his off field baggage... he most likely will need to be a 2 somewhere to start( and I was wrong about that, I thought he would be starting off the start at places like Indy,Miami,SD, Bucs,(before they took Brady) or Pats if Brady left(at the time) keep hearing Pitt might want him

I'll co sighn today though that both these guys will have success in the future in this league....we'll see if I am right or wrong
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 01:01 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  He is not done and FYI most people knew most likely he was going to be done with Carolina months ago

He could get starting job or come in a situation as 2 and be 1 soon...it will play out and would not shock me if he has success in the future....same Winston
What killed Winston this off season he is the type of player if your GM you would need to sit down with and get a pulse of him in person since his off field baggage... he most likely will need to be a 2 somewhere to start( and I was wrong about that, I thought he would be starting off the start at places like Indy,Miami,SD, Bucs,(before they took Brady) or Pats if Brady left(at the time) keep hearing Pitt might want him

I'll co sighn today though that both these guys will have success in the future in this league....we'll see if I am right or wrong

He's injured that's why I am saying he's done. Yes it was pretty obvious that they were going to waive him once Rivera was fired. But his foot injury has been a problem for over a year and it's not getting better.
 x 0 x 0
Pretty tough decline for him. Hard to think of a former MVP who dropped off this much at only 30 years old. I hope he is able to get a spot somewhere.
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 01:14 PM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  Pretty tough decline for him.  Hard to think of a former MVP who dropped off this much at only 30 years old.  I hope he is able to get a spot somewhere.

Most of that was injury 

It is not that far fetched at 30 he can't recover and find success again....I mean the talent is there and even if you look at numbers it was not like was awful while he was playing hurt 

I mean look at his 2018 season....he played close to a full season in which he had injuries 
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 12:35 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  Not a big shock. He might be done in the NFL, unless he's willing to sign cheaply and prove he's not permanently too injured to play at a high level.

Why do you think he can’t come back from his current injury?

Is the issue with Cam that nobody can do a physical on him? Because no trade partner could have and neither can as a free agent.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
If we didnt have Darnold, I would want him SOOO badly!
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 01:38 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  

Why do you think he can’t come back from his current injury?

Is the issue with Cam that nobody can do a physical on him?  Because no trade partner could have and neither can as a free agent.

Because of the type of injury he has. He's had it for a long time now, and it still hasn't gotten better. It's why he wasn't playing well. And of course his shoulder too but supposedly that is ok now.
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 01:21 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 01:14 PM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  Pretty tough decline for him.  Hard to think of a former MVP who dropped off this much at only 30 years old.  I hope he is able to get a spot somewhere.

Most of that was injury 

It is not that far fetched at 30 he can't recover and find success again....I mean the talent is there and even if you look at numbers it was not like was awful while he was playing hurt 

I mean look at his 2018 season....he played close to a full season in which he had injuries 

Definitely because of injuries, but they are more of a problem for him due to his play-style.  I don't think he is accurate enough to lead a playoff team without the threat of a run.   
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 02:26 PM)mrf16 Wrote:  If we didnt have Darnold, I would want him SOOO badly!

No, no, no.......you love SHITTY Quarterbacks.

(Which one of you guys stole Field’s login?)
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 03:14 PM)Jetguy3 Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 02:26 PM)mrf16 Wrote:  If we didnt have Darnold, I would want him SOOO badly!

No, no, no.......you love SHITTY Quarterbacks.  

Jokes aside....If no one goes for him and he can come in as a backup, I would splat and not panic if Darnold got hurt (which is possible)
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 04:38 PM)mrf16 Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 03:14 PM)Jetguy3 Wrote:  No, no, no.......you love SHITTY Quarterbacks.  

Jokes aside....If no one goes for him and he can come in as a backup, I would splat and not panic if Darnold got hurt (which is possible)

If you get him as backup - good chance someone gets hurt somewhere and you trade him for 3rd or 2nd.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 04:50 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 04:38 PM)mrf16 Wrote:  Jokes aside....If no one goes for him and he can come in as a backup, I would splat and not panic if Darnold got hurt (which is possible)

If you get him as backup - good chance someone gets hurt somewhere and you trade him for 3rd or 2nd.

Also agree...he should be someone we are taking a look at if the ask isnt high
 x 0 x 0
I don't see any chance in hell Newton would sign here. It doesn't make an ounce of sense for him. He's going to look for an opportunity to start or get to play if he doesn't start right away.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

x 0 x 0
Only 2 teams left that needs a starting QB, Chargers and NE.
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 05:10 PM)Limpbiz Wrote:  Only 2 teams left that needs a starting QB, Chargers and NE.

BB should be all over this
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 05:10 PM)Limpbiz Wrote:  Only 2 teams left that needs a starting QB, Chargers and NE.

Also Dolphins, Bengals (both might be addressed in draft but you never know)

Also a colts have Rivers, from memory it was 1 year deal. If Cam needs time to rehab, they could consider him for their future after Rivers. Jags also have a big ? at starter. Broncos somewhat too.

So much of this depends on Cam’s health and status.

x 0 x 0
I bet you he goes to the Patriots if he can pass a physical
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 05:15 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  

BB should be all over this

I pray no. He could do well with BB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk