OT: bird box (with spoilers)
 x 0 x 0
OT: bird box (with spoilers) .. ... lot of hype about it.  

My thoughts:

-  Very entertaining - sort of like Walking Dead type scenarios.
-  Why DIDN'T they make it a multi-season series?  Would've been interesting TV series for few seasons.
-  Would've liked them to explore a bit about what that alien or whatever it is that's killing people.

Questions:
- So those guys who CAN see - are all people with mental issue?  So they can live thru it - but their action gets controlled by the aliens?

- Who is that guy who popped up in the River, trying to kill them?   Is that a mental guy as well?

I hate the fact it was a movie - it would've been much better as a muti-season TV series, taking time to develop things up a bit - sort of like the early seasons of Walking Dead.   
 x 0 x 0
this movie isn't even 1/100th good enough to deserve it's own thread. DELETE THIS THREAD!!!
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
I personally didn’t like the movie.
"Are we even Laing? "
 x 0 x 0
(01-11-2019, 01:58 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  this movie isn't even 1/100th good enough to deserve it's own thread.  DELETE THIS THREAD!!!

well - the board is closing this weekend - so last time to discuss a movie.
 x 1 x 0
(01-11-2019, 02:47 PM)Jetsfansince76 Wrote:  I personally didn’t like the movie.

I liked the concept - but could've been made lot better with bit higher budget and if they added bigger starts.  That's why i thought - it might have been better as a tv series.
 x 0 x 0
I'll give it a solid "meh." The crazy people having the ability to "see" whatever the hell that thing was ruined it for me.
 x 0 x 0
(01-11-2019, 04:50 PM)bhmstuff Wrote:  I'll give it a solid "meh." The crazy people having the ability to "see" whatever the hell that thing was ruined it for me.

They should've explained bit more of what that thing is and what it can do.   
 x 0 x 0
I still don't understand why this movie is being talked about, before it came out and after. Why is Bird Box a topic of conversation? Why isn't this any other mediocre to bad random Netflix original movie. Does anybody know? I saw the trailer a few weeks before coming out, I thought it looked really stupid. And it was about as stupid as I thought, maybe worse. Like I said in the other thread, best I can say for it, is that it was entertaining. But don't get why it's being talked about.

Why is this thread not DELETED yet???
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

x 0 x 0
(01-11-2019, 05:19 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  I still don't understand why this movie is being talked about, before it came out and after.  Why is Bird Box a topic of conversation?  Why isn't this any other mediocre to bad random Netflix original movie.  Does anybody know?  I saw the trailer a few weeks before coming out, I thought it looked really stupid.  And it was about as stupid as I thought, maybe worse.  Like I said in the other thread, best I can say for it, is that it was entertaining.  But don't get why it's being talked about.

It's just something good to talk about ...  so we can be prepared when something like this happens - you know, we'll be the only surviving groups - because we discussed the scenarios and who needs to do what.
 x 0 x 0
(01-11-2019, 05:30 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(01-11-2019, 05:19 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  I still don't understand why this movie is being talked about, before it came out and after.  Why is Bird Box a topic of conversation?  Why isn't this any other mediocre to bad random Netflix original movie.  Does anybody know?  I saw the trailer a few weeks before coming out, I thought it looked really stupid.  And it was about as stupid as I thought, maybe worse.  Like I said in the other thread, best I can say for it, is that it was entertaining.  But don't get why it's being talked about.

It's just something good to talk about ...  so we can be prepared when something like this happens - you know, we'll be the only surviving groups - because we discussed the scenarios and who needs to do what.

I actually love post-apocalyptic movies.  But I like the legitimate or even somewhat legitimate stuff.  Not into this smoke monster thing that only insane asylum people can see without dying.  I mean, wtf?!?  You could spend hours trying to think of the most absurd scenarios and not come up with one as dumb as that.  Like I said in the other thread, The Happening was painfully dumb (although still a much better movie IMO), and that was just plants attacking.  Still a million times better than the Bird Box BS.

If Bird Box was an NFL GM, it would be Big Mac.

x 1 x 0
I watched this for the Dolby Atmos, which is always great.  Movie was entertaining enough for me, even though not that good.
 x 0 x 0
(01-11-2019, 06:32 PM)Letdwightgo Wrote:  I watched this for the Dolby Atmos, which is always great.  Movie was entertaining enough for me, even though not that good.

Entertaining enough, but not that good. Exactly my thoughts!
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
(01-11-2019, 06:32 PM)Letdwightgo Wrote:  I watched this for the Dolby Atmos, which is always great.  Movie was entertaining enough for me, even though not that good.

who or what is that?

x 0 x 0
(01-11-2019, 06:50 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  

who or what is that?

Idk how to describe it well.  Basically i have a sound bar that can decode dolby atmos and netflix has some shows that are recorded with atmos.  Makes the surround sound sound amazing!

Its the audio equivalent of watching a movie in 4k.
 x 0 x 0
(01-11-2019, 06:53 PM)Letdwightgo Wrote:  
(01-11-2019, 06:50 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  who or what is that?

Idk how to describe it well.  Basically i have a sound bar that can decode dolby atmos and netflix has some shows that are recorded with atmos.  Makes the surround sound sound amazing!

Its the audio equivalent of watching a movie in 4k.

Gotcha, so it sounds like it's as exciting as a double rainbow is for Field?

x 0 x 0
Never seen it.....
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
 x 0 x 0
(01-11-2019, 05:30 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  

Great.......only surviving with you turds. Death would be a vacation.
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity