Mets being sold !!!!!!!!!!!
 x 0 x 0
Per Tiki Barber (finance source)

Mets fans giddy ?????????

I doubt it is true....but who knows.
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 1 x 0
(12-04-2019, 11:30 AM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  Per Tiki Barber (finance source)

to J&J family ...
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
Mets Being Sold

- Change that M to a J and I’d be ecstatic. Otherwise....whatever.
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
 x 0 x 0
(12-04-2019, 11:43 AM)Jetguy3 Wrote:  Mets Being Sold

- Change that M to a J and I’d be ecstatic. Otherwise....whatever.

Jets being sold from CJ to WJ
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
This is amazin' news if true!
"Are we even Laing? "
 x 0 x 0
(12-04-2019, 11:35 AM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(12-04-2019, 11:30 AM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  Per Tiki Barber (finance source)

to J&J family ...

lol.  I think the Johnsons are worse owners (organization and roster) but they might not be as cheap.  Toss up.
 x 0 x 0
Wheeler to Phillies
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
Are they staying the Mets and in NY?
"Joe Montana was ok... Geddy Lee was an average bass player...Neil Pert couldn't carry Dave Grohl's drumsticks" - Words of wisdom from (minor prophet) Etrius24 --- Added proverbs for 2014: "Rocky was watchable"
 x 0 x 0
https://www.barstoolsports.com/newyork/tiki-barber-saying-the-wilpons-are-about-to-sell-the-mets-has-put-my-stupid-brain-in-quite-a-pickle
 x 1 x 0
This actually sounds legit!

Best news in ages.  SPEND SOME MONEY!
 x 0 x 0
Billionaire Steven A. Cohen is close to an agreement to purchase a majority stake in the New York Mets from Fred and Jeff Wilpon, a move that would give the hedge-fund manager control over a prominent baseball franchise that has disappointed fans and struggled with financial pressures in recent years.

The deal would increase Mr. Cohen’s current minority stake in the team to 80%, according to people close to the matter. As part of the transaction, Fred Wilpon would remain as the controlling owner for the next five years, while his son Jeff Wilpon would continue as the team’s chief operating officer for the same period. Mr. Cohen would assume full control in five years, the people said. He would become baseball’s wealthiest owner.
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
 x 2 x 0
(12-04-2019, 10:04 PM)Limpbiz Wrote:  Billionaire Steven A. Cohen is close to an agreement to purchase a majority stake in the New York Mets from Fred and Jeff Wilpon, a move that would give the hedge-fund manager control over a prominent baseball franchise that has disappointed fans and struggled with financial pressures in recent years.

The deal would increase Mr. Cohen’s current minority stake in the team to 80%, according to people close to the matter. As part of the transaction, Fred Wilpon would remain as the controlling owner for the next five years, while his son Jeff Wilpon would continue as the team’s chief operating officer for the same period. Mr. Cohen would assume full control in five years, the people said. He would become baseball’s wealthiest owner.

Shitty part in all of this is the fact the Wilpons will still control the team for another 5 years. 
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
 x 0 x 0
(12-04-2019, 10:19 PM)Limpbiz Wrote:  
(12-04-2019, 10:04 PM)Limpbiz Wrote:  Billionaire Steven A. Cohen is close to an agreement to purchase a majority stake in the New York Mets from Fred and Jeff Wilpon, a move that would give the hedge-fund manager control over a prominent baseball franchise that has disappointed fans and struggled with financial pressures in recent years.

Shitty part in all of this is the fact the Wilpons will still control the team for another 5 years. 

Yeah, I read that. WHAT THE FUCK? LOL. Who the hell spends that kind of money (not sure what the Mets are worth....gotta be at least a couple billion though) and has the previous Owner(s) CONTROL (ie: make decisions) the next FIVE YEARS? Holy shit.....what a fuckin’ sweetheart deal for the Wilpons. Fred Wilpon is like 84 years old - he’ll be close to 90 (should he live that long) when he has finally has to give up control. Jeff Wilpon can spend the next 5 years being shitty and doing whatever the fuck he’s done up to this point.....which means more meddling and making overall crappy decisions. Is this new dude fucking crazy? (I did read where he’s a (former) criminal......so that’s nice. Lol.

Spend a couple billion dollars on something and then let someone else (who’s proven for years now that they have no idea how to actually run a franchise nor the business to do so) run it more into the ground?

And this guy (I’m unsure who the hell he is) is considered a GOOD or GREAT businessman? Seems like a weird fuckin’ way to do business.

For the record: if Woody was to sell the Jets — I would expect him (and his shithead brother) to GET THE FUCK OUT IMMEDIATELY. And have people onsite to change all locks, key codes, etc. In fact, strip Woody of that stupid fucking hat that he wears with suits (which somehow makes him look even MORE stupid). Five additional years of having the idiot Johnson’s making controlling decisions after they’ve sold? NO FUCKING WAY.....lol
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
 x 0 x 0
why would you buy it to get control in 5 years?
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
So...someone is financially investing in the team. Willing to allow the previous lousy owners to run it...for another 5 yrs?

Duh huh wha?
 x 0 x 0
I don't think it's a bad deal if you are not worried about the money. It may be the only way for him to become the owner. The current owners must have said here's the one condition we have in order to sell it to you so if the buyer really wants to own the team, he's sacrificing 5 yrs to get it versus not getting it at all.
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
 x 0 x 0
(12-04-2019, 10:19 PM)Limpbiz Wrote:  

This part sucks.  Hopefully they spend money this offseason.  I want a big free agent.  This team isnt far off.

Its crazy that Fred will be there for 5 more years.  He will be 90.  Seems shady.