McCarthy negotiations broke down over staffing issues?
 x 0 x 0
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-pursuit-of-former-packers-coach-mike-mccarthy-collapsed-over-staffing-issues/
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
Rhule spoke out recently too

Matt Rhule says he'll always avoid an "arranged marriage"
By Mike Florio | Jan 12, 2019 10:16 PM EST

The Jets wanted to hire Baylor coach Matt Rhule. But the Jets also didn’t want to let Rhule hire his own offensive coordinator. And that was a dealbreaker for Rhule.

“At the end of the day, I’m never going to be in an arranged marriage,” Rhule told KRZI-AM in Waco, Texas on Thursday, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “I’m never going to subcontract jobs to the offense and defense. I always want to hire people that believe in what I believe, that are going to do things our way, that are going to believe in process, that are going to be part of a program. I truly believe that programs win.”

Per Mehta, the Jets wanted Rhule to hire former Buccaneers offensive coordinator Todd Monken. Rhule wanted to hire his own guy. And so it all fell apart.

The Jets instead hired former Dolphins coach Adam Gase.

More surprising than the outcome is the willingness of Rhule to be so candid about it. Not that long ago, college coaches kept secret any NFL aspirations, since that can create recruiting challenges — especially when rival coaches use a potential jump to the pro level against them. For Rhule, the cat is out of the bag, and he’s doing nothing to act like it isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 x 1 x 0
I can’t get over how poorly run this team is. Now two guys, who were favorites at one time, didn’t get the job because of staffing issues?

What truly bothers me about this... why would Chris Johnson and Mike Maccagnan think they know more about putting together a coaching staff than mike Mccarthy? It’s fucking disgusting. I’m already thinking Chris is a historically dumb owner. Let’s hope trump loses in 2020 just so we get woody back. Yep, it’s so bad, I want woody back.
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
No matter what your thoughts are on gase... it’s fairly clear that he was their 3rd choice. And I would be surprised if he was just the first person to say “yeah, you can pick some coaches for me.”
 x 0 x 0
(01-13-2019, 12:36 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  I can’t get over how poorly run this team is. Now two guys, who were favorites at one time, didn’t get the job because of staffing issues?

What truly bothers me about this... why would Chris Johnson and Mike Maccagnan think they know more about putting together a coaching staff than mike Mccarthy? It’s fucking disgusting. I’m already thinking Chris is a historically dumb owner. Let’s hope trump loses in 2020 just so we get woody back. Yep, it’s so bad, I want woody back.

It really is quite troubling.

x 0 x 0
(01-13-2019, 12:38 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  No matter what your thoughts are on gase... it’s fairly clear that he was their 3rd choice. And I would be surprised if he was just the first person to say “yeah, you can pick some coaches for me.”

I doh t he said that but he likely agreed they can assemble staff together where the others (as I would prefer) demands they assemble their own

It it does sound like they didn’t like McCarthys suggestions he submitted. Man what I would give to find out who those names were and what they felt wasn’t worthy.

x 0 x 0
Of course. Not a fucking surprise with that group of idiots.
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
 x 1 x 0
(01-13-2019, 12:40 PM)mrf16 Wrote:  
(01-13-2019, 12:38 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  No matter what your thoughts are on gase... it’s fairly clear that he was their 3rd choice. And I would be surprised if he was just the first person to say “yeah, you can pick some coaches for me.”

I doh t he said that but he likely agreed they can assemble staff together where the others (as I would prefer) demands they assemble their own

It it does sound like they didn’t like McCarthys suggestions he submitted. Man what I would give to find out who those names were and what they felt wasn’t worthy.

It shouldn’t be a “demand”. Mike Mccarthy knows 10000000x more about coaching and putting together a staff than Chris Johnson and Mike Maccagnan combined.
 x 0 x 0
(01-13-2019, 12:43 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  
(01-13-2019, 12:40 PM)mrf16 Wrote:  I doh t he said that but he likely agreed they can assemble staff together where the others (as I would prefer) demands they assemble their own

It shouldn’t be a “demand”. Mike Mccarthy knows 10000000x more about coaching and putting together a staff than Chris Johnson and Mike Maccagnan combined.

Couldn’t agree more. Require is a better word

x 2 x 0
(01-13-2019, 12:38 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  No matter what your thoughts are on gase... it’s fairly clear that he was their 3rd choice.  And I would be surprised if he was just the first person to say “yeah, you can pick some coaches for me.”

I feel like it also shows how much of a pussy Gase is if this is true (which it pretty clearly is).
"Some mothafuckas are always trying to ice skate uphill."
 x 1 x 0
(01-13-2019, 01:00 PM)MetsJetsFTW Wrote:  
(01-13-2019, 12:38 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  No matter what your thoughts are on gase... it’s fairly clear that he was their 3rd choice.  And I would be surprised if he was just the first person to say “yeah, you can pick some coaches for me.”

I feel like it also shows how much of a pussy Gase is if this is true (which it pretty clearly is).

No doubt.

Mike Maccagnan must be blowing Christopher Johnson. Obviously, Maccagnan has more power than we've thought. THAT is the guy they're going to trust with $100 million in cap space?

Any coach that would allow a bunch of boobs to tell him he won't be allowed to pick his own staff is not a coach worth having.

This would be a bad enough front office if they just did their own day to day jobs.....it's downright horrific when they insist on micromanaging a Head Coach and who he wants to round out his staff.
 x 0 x 0
I didn't care much for Rhule staff thing but if it is true about McCarthy staff being the reason it is pathetic....He was a proven HC with one of the longest runs in this league (at current) like I said Rhule never has proven to have an awsome well established staff....but McCarthy?

That is whack
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
All that said, we don’t know the facts. We just don’t. There are 3 different versions of every story.

x 0 x 0
(01-13-2019, 01:19 PM)mrf16 Wrote:  All that said, we don’t know the facts. We just don’t. There are 3 different versions of every story.

But we’ve got two separate stories now, with two separate coaches... and the story is the same. And not sure the Johnson family ever deserves the benefit of the doubt.
 x 0 x 0
(01-13-2019, 01:19 PM)mrf16 Wrote:  All that said, we don’t know the facts.  We just don’t. There are 3 different versions of every story.

it's pathetic if true (with McCarthy) but as crazy as it is at this moment if you are asking me today who whould i rather have...McCarthy and his staff, Rhule and his or Gase and Williams. ..I want Gase and Williams...so pathetic might have worked for us...we'll see.
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(01-13-2019, 01:31 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  
(01-13-2019, 01:19 PM)mrf16 Wrote:  All that said, we don’t know the facts. We just don’t. There are 3 different versions of every story.

But we’ve got two separate stories now, with two separate coaches... and the story is the same. And not sure the Johnson family ever deserves the benefit of the doubt.

True. I just doubt Gase desperately agrees to every single condition as being implied.

And if he did. We’re in trouble

Say what you will about Gase, he doesn’t seem like a pushover.

x 0 x 0
Anyone really surprised by this? The Johnson's are clueless. They are like the male versions of Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian. They were born into extreme wealth and they never had to be good at anything (aren't good at anything), but they think they are awesome.
What do we care more about, children or money? How come we have armed guards in banks protecting the money and there's no one in schools protecting the kids.

I survived Fieldchatter Y2K! January 11th, 2019
 x 0 x 0

Field....c'mon. You're talking about Johnson and Johnson, Maccagnan, and Heimerdinger. It makes perfect sense. McCarthy WANTED the job! Supposedly Christopher Johnson wanted McCarthy. And they hire that shitbird?

I don't know what additional facts you're looking for.
 x 0 x 0
This is why we can’t have nice things.
If you choose to pull the trigger,
should your drama prove sincere.
Do it somewhere far away from here.

x 0 x 0
Apollo doesn’t think this is a big deal
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"