Live Impeachment Week (Starts Wednesday Nov 13)
 x 0 x 0
Live Impeachment Week (Starts Wednesday Nov 13) ...

This could have very BIG Implication for 2020.

1)  Trump could get removed from office - very unlikely, but I would say you cannot rule out 100% - you don't know what happens when you bring in people for interview live in front of camera

2)  I do think Trump's risk/exposure is low;  Adam S was stupid enough to do his "secret" hearing - so most of info is already out there - and Republicans/Trump team knows where the attack is coming form.  There could be some surprises - but at this point i doubt it - they've been playing with this for a 1 month.

3)  There is a BIG RISK for Dems.  So far Dem managed to selectively leak stuff they created carefully.  Cannot do that in live hearing, and some of their star witness already stated stuff which i think would be problem.

4)  If this does not go well for Dem ... blowback could be BIG.   It'll look like they failed on Russia Hoax and now latched on to Ukraine Hoax

5)  This whole thing cannot be good for Biden.  R bring up his corruption every chance they get - and this time it'll be broadcased live - 

6)  Finally it feels to me - mostly DC insiders and MSM is all excited about this - most people I would think does not even know impeachment hearing is starting in 4 days
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
So it appears Dems (Adam S) REJECTED ALL - EVERY SINGLE witness request by Republicans? If that is the case - this whole thing will blow over in Dems' face. Cant have a trial where Republicans cannot present any witness at all.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
It starts .. today at 10am.

The fact that NO ONE even talking anything about it - tells me, it is 100% driven DC Swamp/MSM - most voters don't care much about it - or in fact don't even know it is happening this. This bodes very well for Trump - this could easily backfire on Dem.
It is what it is.
 x 1 x 0
This is 100% the culmination of the Democrats 3 year childish hissy fit. It's so fucking stupid and a complete fucking waste of time.

And it's proof that they don't think they could beat Trump. This wouldn't be happening otherwise. If they thought they could beat Trump, they'd be 100% focused on removing him from office THE RIGHT WAY in a year.
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
Hearing opening stuff from Dem: Rudy this did, Rudy thinks Ukraine hacked into election. BIG MISTAKE - it sounds more like policy difference vs anything else.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
If I were Republicans plan should be simple: Don't go into boring he said this, that guy said that. Appeal to raw emotions, fairness/justice & simply point out:
- Adam S lied before for 2+ years about Russia hoax; now he does not want to talk about
- Adam S lied again saying they never spoke with WB before - in fact his team had been talking to him even before complaint was filed
- Adam S sat in House and read a made up transcript to smear Trump

And then say - this same proven liar is trying to preside over a sham trail.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
BOOM .. Nunes does what apollo expected .. hit Adam S hard with his past lies.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
I maybe little biased .. but i think Republican opening statement (nunes) much much more powerful than Dems. It almost seemed like Dems are on trial.

After months of preparation, i would think Adam S did a mediocre job - he does not know he sucks in TV performance.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
So main arguments by 1st witness is that Ukraine needs weapons etc etc .. Trump delayed it. But if half brain Republicans cross-examine, just ask the simple question:

1) When did Russia took over Ukriane land? Obama Years?
2) How many anti-tank missile did Obama provided? 0?
3) how many anti-tank missile did did Trump provide? In fact he is the only POTUS who decided to give weapons?
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
I got to say ... it seems to me like a dud. Two star witnesses - but both are saying more or less "i think this is how you should run ukraine policy" ... "we need to fix ukraine ... and this is how you do it." But I "heard joe told john told smith ... Trump is bad"
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
"The House is now comprised of 431 members, meaning Democrats need 217 yeas to impeach Trump. There are currently 233 Democrats, so Democrats can only lose 16 of their own and still impeach the president. 31 House Democrats represent more moderate districts that Trump carried in 2016."

If this is true, then what's to stop all the dems from voting yes?
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
 x 0 x 0
I am an idiot when it comes to this impeachment shit so I will defer to older guys that remember Clinton's....Even if he gets impeached what happens?

Seems like Dems should have invested efforts for 2020 instead
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
Maybe it means that they go on to the trial. The way it's worded, all they need is the votes and he's out of office.
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
 x 0 x 0
(11-14-2019, 11:52 AM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  I am an idiot when it comes to this impeachment shit so I will defer to older guys that remember Clinton's....Even if he gets impeached what happens?

Seems like Dems should have invested efforts for 2020 instead

Two step process:  House votes for impeachment.  You need 50% of the House votes to impeach.  Which Dem has the votes right now.  In clinton's case he got impeached in House.  In Trump's case it is expected to have that many votes (as dem control more than 50% of House).

2nd step:  If House impeach, it goes to trail in Senate.  But there you need 2/3rd votes to actually REMOVE a potus from office.   So you need 67 votes out of 100 - they did not have that in Clinton's case - so he did not get removed from office.

In Trump's case it is not expected to pass Senate - because Republicans have 53 votes out of 100.  Although one or two  R like Romeny may vote for Removal, i think there is at least 1 Dem will will vote against.   So it is not expected to pass in Senate.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
The House votes and decides impeachment but the Senate decides if the remove the President from office.  Clinton was impeached but not removed.  Re-election voting starts in less then a year and many of the Dems in Republican states are fearful of losing their election because of this.

The biggest problem though is, they just don't have a strong case and they are really looking stupid
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

x 0 x 0
(11-14-2019, 12:15 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  The House votes and decides impeachment but the Senate decides if the remove the President from office.  Clinton was impeached but not removed.  Re-election voting starts in less then a year and many of the Dems in Republican states are fearful of losing their election because of this.

The biggest problem though is, they just don't have a strong case and they are really looking stupid

Yes agree, in Clinton's case there was a clear evidence of "crime" (lying to prosecutor and few other things).   There was no question crime was committed.  But the question is if that "crime" is serious enough to remove a POTUS from office.

In Trump's case, i don't think dem managed to establish what the "crime" is or what law was broken.  So that makes things look lot weaker.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(11-14-2019, 12:17 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(11-14-2019, 12:15 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  The House votes and decides impeachment but the Senate decides if the remove the President from office.  Clinton was impeached but not removed.  Re-election voting starts in less then a year and many of the Dems in Republican states are fearful of losing their election because of this.

Yes agree, in Clinton's case there was a clear evidence of "crime" (lying to prosecutor and few other things).   There was no question crime was committed.  But the question is if that "crime" is serious enough to remove a POTUS from office.

In Trump's case, i don't think dem managed to establish what the "crime" is or what law was broken.  So that makes things look lot weaker.

As a sales person, I like watching politicians debate because in some cases I learn how to be more effective.  But with this new breed of Democrat, I think I could run circles around them.   
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

x 0 x 0
(11-14-2019, 12:35 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(11-14-2019, 12:17 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  Yes agree, in Clinton's case there was a clear evidence of "crime" (lying to prosecutor and few other things).   There was no question crime was committed.  But the question is if that "crime" is serious enough to remove a POTUS from office.

As a sales person, I like watching politicians debate because in some cases I learn how to be more effective.  But with this new breed of Democrat, I think I could run circles around them.   

Yes fairly weak from Dem.   The main reason is - their basically selling insanity.
It is what it is.
 x 1 x 0
(11-14-2019, 01:24 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(11-14-2019, 12:35 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  As a sales person, I like watching politicians debate because in some cases I learn how to be more effective.  But with this new breed of Democrat, I think I could run circles around them.   

Yes fairly weak from Dem.   The main reason is - their basically selling insanity.

The impeachment is going so poorly even Etrius won't comment.

x 1 x 0
(11-14-2019, 01:34 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(11-14-2019, 01:24 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  Yes fairly weak from Dem.   The main reason is - their basically selling insanity.

The impeachment is going so poorly even Etrius won't comment.

Kingdemfan, no where to be found, LOL