Knicks draft pick
05-17-2018, 02:19 AM,
Knicks draft pick
 x 0  x 0 
Who do you want to see the Knicks pick? Assuming top 8 goes like this, no order.

Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Bamba, Young, Carter Jr, Porter Jr and Jackson Jr.

I think I would lean towards Nova, Bridges for his D, 3pt shooting and of course coming from a program having won 2 NCAA titles.  I would love to see any of those top 8 fall down to the Knicks.
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
05-17-2018, 02:57 AM,
RE: Knicks draft pick
 x 0  x 0 
Nova Bridges.

But I suspect the Sixers will trade up to take him. If so we may luck out and Porter may slip to us.
05-17-2018, 07:46 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
You shouldn't even be thinking at all about Ayton, Donic and Bagley....impossible
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
05-17-2018, 10:30 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Zhaire Smith is someone to keep an eye on.  I would look to trade out of the spot, if it goes as posted.
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

05-17-2018, 11:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2018, 11:58 AM by Blue_Blood16.)
 x 0  x 0 
(05-17-2018, 02:57 AM)jcharding Wrote:  Nova Bridges.

But I suspect the Sixers will trade up to take him. If so we may luck out and Porter may slip to us.

Mikal Bridges is one of the few guys I can't get behind.  I know he's the best fit for our roster, but he's 22 and doesn't really seem to have the potential to be a star.  I'm not a NCAA guy at all though so that's just based on me watching videos and reading scouting reports.

I'd go for Knox or Miles Bridges over him.
05-17-2018, 12:17 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(05-17-2018, 11:56 AM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  
(05-17-2018, 02:57 AM)jcharding Wrote:  Nova Bridges.

Mikal Bridges is one of the few guys I can't get behind.  I know he's the best fit for our roster, but he's 22 and doesn't really seem to have the potential to be a star.  I'm not a NCAA guy at all though so that's just based on me watching videos and reading scouting reports.

I'd go for Knox or Miles Bridges over him.

I want a young guy with upside that can get out on the perimeter and shut guys fucking down.  Thats why Smith might be perfect.  As every team looks to get offensive, lets get defensive 
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

05-17-2018, 10:45 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Smith is interesting. Trade back with Clippers? I too want long D minded players. We have shooters/scorers...we need more D.

The Bridges are both on my list but, Mikal is too thin and Miles isn't not long enough but, he is strong enough IMO. I wouldn't be mad at either player.

I don't want another guard. We have 7 already.
05-17-2018, 10:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2018, 11:00 PM by jcharding.)
 x 0  x 0 
That is the lottery fallacy. You aren't supposed to be getting stars at 9 unless you get profoundly lucky.

I'm not real wild about MSU Bridges, but I didn't see a lot of him. But as a stretch 4 he seems to replicate a lot of what Porz already does.
05-18-2018, 11:12 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(05-17-2018, 10:58 PM)jcharding Wrote:  That is the lottery fallacy.  You aren't supposed to be getting stars at 9 unless you get profoundly lucky.

I'm not real wild about MSU Bridges, but I didn't see a lot of him. But as a stretch 4 he seems to replicate a lot of what Porz already does.

It's not luck, the draft is like the stock market, some can pick the winners but most can't.  These guys that can't, are damn good interviewers, with relatives and friends in high places and have great references, but basketball expertise...ugh...no.

The problem with being at 9, is that the most probable great players, will be gone.  But of course there should be less value at 9 than 5...

05-18-2018, 12:10 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(05-17-2018, 10:30 AM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  Zhaire Smith is someone to keep an eye on.  I would look to trade out of the spot, if it goes as posted.

Finally getting a chance to look at these guys. This kid is a serious athlete. Seems to have good court awareness off the ball. Nothing eye popping statistically, but nice all around production and very efficient. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/zhaire-smith-1.html

Only a freshman. Seems to be projected around top 15 right now. To be continued...
New York Knicks: pummeling fans’ hopes and dreams since 2001 
05-18-2018, 12:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2018, 12:25 PM by Blue_Blood16.)
 x 0  x 0 
Bamba and Grayson Allen sound like the winners from the combine. Bamba had the largest wingspan ever recorded and Grayson Allen had insane vertical and shuttle times.
05-18-2018, 12:40 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(05-18-2018, 12:10 PM)OnFire34 Wrote:  
(05-17-2018, 10:30 AM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  Zhaire Smith is someone to keep an eye on.  I would look to trade out of the spot, if it goes as posted.

Finally getting a chance to look at these guys. This kid is a serious athlete. Seems to have good court awareness off the ball. Nothing eye popping statistically, but nice all around production and very efficient. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/zhaire-smith-1.html

Only a freshman. Seems to be projected around top 15 right now. To be continued...

When mapping out a successful team, having Frank and Smith harassing guys on the perimeter could be a lethal combination.  (4) 6'5 guys that can defend and run with Porzingis in the middle could be a good plan