Kiper Mock 3.0
 x 1 x 0
11. New York Jets
Jedrick Wills Jr., OT, Alabama

The Jets made an effort to fix their porous offensive line in free agency, bringing back guard Alex Lewis and adding tackle George Fant and interior linemen Connor McGovern, Greg Van Roten and Josh Andrews. But that's not enough. They need another infusion of talent, particularly at right tackle, where Chuma Edoga played last season. Wills was a two-year starter at right tackle for the Crimson Tide, and he could step in on day one and be New York's most talented lineman. Wide receiver is a position to watch here, though free agent Robby Anderson could still return. I also thought about pass-rusher, but this is a little too high for second-ranked edge rusher K'Lavon Chaisson.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 1 x 0
Good pick. Let's hope the Jets don't go defense here. I will lose my mind if they do.
 x 0 x 0
I also thought about pass-rusher, but this is a little too high for second-ranked edge rusher K'Lavon Chaisson.

I've seen a bit of talk of Chaisson at our spot in mock drafts. Most mocks have us taking an Olineman, some WR, but I have seen a decent handful with Chaisson.

And me, more than maybe anybody else would be okay with an edge rusher. But why is this guy ranked so high?!? He makes Stephen Hill look productive!

2017 - 2 sacks
2018 - 1 sack
2019 - 6.5 sacks

Forget having a 10 sack season, he doesn't even have a 10 sack career!!! WTF!? I still have to watch more tape on him. But either no a big no thank you!
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 02:23 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  11. New York Jets

The Jets made an effort to fix their porous offensive line in free agency, bringing back guard Alex Lewis and adding tackle George Fant and interior linemen Connor McGovern, Greg Van Roten and Josh Andrews. But that's not enough. They need another infusion of talent, particularly at right tackle, where Chuma Edoga played last season. Wills was a two-year starter at right tackle for the Crimson Tide, and he could step in on day one and be New York's most talented lineman. Wide receiver is a position to watch here, though free agent Robby Anderson could still return. I also thought about pass-rusher, but this is a little too high for second-ranked edge rusher K'Lavon Chaisson.

any other OT still there at this point?   Just wondering if we got the 4th OT or 3rd.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 03:36 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 02:23 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  11. New York Jets

any other OT still there at this point?   Just wondering if we got the 4th OT or 3rd.

Of the guys we could target, only 2 are gone, both Olinemen:

8) Tristan Wirfs, OT

10) Meckhi Becton, OT

Leaving Willis, Jeudy, Thomas, Lamb and Jones available when we pick.

Kiper actually has Ruggs drafted ahead of Lamb.  Which I guess wouldn't shock me, but I think that's stupid.

x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 04:56 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 03:36 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  any other OT still there at this point?   Just wondering if we got the 4th OT or 3rd.

Of the guys we could target, only 2 are gone, both Olinemen:

8) Tristan Wirfs, OT

10) Meckhi Becton, OT

Leaving Willis, Jeudy, Thomas, Lamb and Jones available when we pick.

Kiper actually has Ruggs drafted ahead of Lamb.  Which I guess wouldn't shock me, but I think that's stupid.

Not bad if we are there we got 4 viable options - if a trade deal comes in - we can move back few spots.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
I think most mocks will now have Jets looking at a WR with Anderson leaving for the Panthers.
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
 x 3 x 0
It would be nice, but probably won't happen, to walk away with two WR's and two OL with our first four picks. Both positions seem to be pretty deep with talent.
If you choose to pull the trigger,
should your drama prove sincere.
Do it somewhere far away from here.

x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 04:59 PM)Signal20 Jet Wrote:  It would be nice, but probably won't happen, to walk away with two WR's and two OL with our first four picks.  Both positions seem to be pretty deep with talent.

we got extra 3rd rounder .. so you'll still have 4th thru 7th for defense.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 04:59 PM)Limpbiz Wrote:  I think most mocks will now have Jets looking at a WR with Anderson leaving for the Panthers.

I'm with you and might even take it a step further and draft all o-linemen and receivers.  With the later picks I like trying to find the 5'10 speed merchants that can also play special teams.
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 05:53 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(03-24-2020, 04:59 PM)Limpbiz Wrote:  I think most mocks will now have Jets looking at a WR with Anderson leaving for the Panthers.

I'm with you and might even take it a step further and draft all o-linemen and receivers.  With the later picks I like trying to find the 5'10 speed merchants that can also play special teams.

I would love it but you know they'll be looking for a corner somewhere.
 x 0 x 0
Can u see what miami did
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
 x 0 x 0
Miami: Tua at 5. De’Andre Swift at 18 Josh Jones at 26
If you choose to pull the trigger,
should your drama prove sincere.
Do it somewhere far away from here.

x 0 x 0
Thank u
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
 x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 09:53 PM)Signal20 Jet Wrote:  Miami: Tua at 5. De’Andre Swift at 18 Josh Jones at 26

If you switch out Swift with an Edge Rusher or another Olineman (OG or C), or maybe even Jeudy/Lamb if either makes it to 18, then I would absolutely LOVE that draft for the Phins. Would be a shame after so many shitty FA moves.

If you did that I’d be kind of really excited for you guys!

x 0 x 0
(03-24-2020, 09:53 PM)Signal20 Jet Wrote:  Miami: Tua at 5. De’Andre Swift at 18 Josh Jones at 26

Fuck I’d splat if that happened!! I’ll take that all day....I want Jonothan Taylor over Swift but I’ll take Swift!
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor

Amat Victoria Praeparatio