Kenyon Martin: Knicks’ free-agency disasters start with James Dolan
08-07-2019, 11:41 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
By Howie Kussoy

Kenyon Martin’s 15-year career included a brief, 54-game stint with the Knicks. It was enough to see why they have the NBA’s worst record this century.

Following another disappointing offseason, in which two of the best free agents in years (Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving) chose to play in New York, but bypassed the city’s most iconic franchise and building, Martin was asked how the Knicks can attract marquee players in the future.

“What don’t they need to do? If I knew, I’d go play the lottery,” Martin, who earned over $112 million in his career, told Hoops Hype in a Q&A. “There’s a laundry list of things, but there’s been one common denominator in this whole thing: James Dolan. There’s a reason things keep happening within that organization. It starts at the top. He’s picking the GMs and presidents and then they pick the coach, and it’s the wrong people in place.”
Martin’s brief tenure with the Knicks actually coincided with one of the team’s best seasons (2012-13) since Patrick Ewing’s departure, as the Knicks won 54 games, the Atlantic Division and their only playoff series since 2000.
“Hopefully, they got it together with (second-year head coach David Fizdale) being there and with them drafting RJ Barrett. It seems like they’re moving in the right direction. From afar, it seems like Dolan is being less hands-on and letting the basketball guys do their job.”
Game 7 of the Championship series Against the Lakers with Wilt! 

Red: You know my mama wanted me to be a Coach.

Willis: My dad wanted me to be a basketball player.

Red: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
08-07-2019, 12:20 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Time will tell.

Kmart has always been a Knick hater along with Reggie, Miller, Stephen Jackson, Iguodala, Charles Barkley among others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-07-2019, 12:23 PM,
RE: Kenyon Martin: Knicks’ free-agency disasters start with James Dolan
 x 1  x 0 
(08-07-2019, 11:41 AM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  By Howie Kussoy

Kenyon Martin’s 15-year career included a brief, 54-game stint with the Knicks. It was enough to see why they have the NBA’s worst record this century.

Following another disappointing offseason, in which two of the best free agents in years (Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving) chose to play in New York, but bypassed the city’s most iconic franchise and building, Martin was asked how the Knicks can attract marquee players in the future.

“What don’t they need to do? If I knew, I’d go play the lottery,” Martin, who earned over $112 million in his career, told Hoops Hype in a Q&A. “There’s a laundry list of things, but there’s been one common denominator in this whole thing: James Dolan. There’s a reason things keep happening within that organization. It starts at the top. He’s picking the GMs and presidents and then they pick the coach, and it’s the wrong people in place.”
Martin’s brief tenure with the Knicks actually coincided with one of the team’s best seasons (2012-13) since Patrick Ewing’s departure, as the Knicks won 54 games, the Atlantic Division and their only playoff series since 2000.
“Hopefully, they got it together with (second-year head coach David Fizdale) being there and with them drafting RJ Barrett. It seems like they’re moving in the right direction. From afar, it seems like Dolan is being less hands-on and letting the basketball guys do their job.”

Kenyon is just listening to the media as most people do.  

Most [b]coaching victoriesNBA history[/b]
  • Don Nelson - 1,335.
  • Lenny Wilkins - 1,332.
  • GREGG POPOVICH - 1,222.
  • Jerry Sloan - 1,221.
  • Pat Riley - 1,210.
  • George Karl - 1,175.
  • Phil Jackson - 1,155.
  • Larry Brown - 1,098.
These are the top 8 in coaching wins, and how many has Dolan hired?

The problem has always been trying to win to quickly and not having patience. 

Now I don;t expect people to believe me over the beloved media, but then explain to me how Dolan has hired 5 of the top 8 coaches in NBA history and is ridiculed for it?  
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

08-07-2019, 01:00 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-07-2019, 12:23 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  

• Don Nelson - 1,335.
  • Lenny Wilkins - 1,332.
  • Jerry Sloan - 1,221.
  • Pat Riley - 1,210.
  • George Karl - 1,175.
  • Phil Jackson - 1,155.
  • Larry Brown - 1,098.

Now I don;t expect people to believe me over the beloved media, but then explain to me how Dolan has hired 5 of the top 8 coaches in NBA history and is ridiculed for it?  

The problem isn’t coaching. It’s the constant roster changes, the perpetual turnover of players in search for the next shiny toy.

I tho k we’ll be fine with this roster but Knicks have to remain on course of developing players.

Mitchell Knox Trier Dotson are going to be good players if they continue getting minutes.

I’m not convinced DSJ or Frank is the answer but this year will be proving year for them. The writing is on the wall when they brought in Elfrid Payton who I think is better floor general than Frank or DSJ.

08-07-2019, 01:39 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
I am no fan of Dolan but I think it is over kill in the city acting like Dolan is the only reason this team has not won in forever.....A lot of bad luck too..... I mean, he did what everybody wanted and hired Jackson and stayed out of his way like everybody wanted......
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
08-07-2019, 02:21 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-07-2019, 01:39 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  I am no fan of Dolan but I think it is over kill in the city acting like Dolan is the only reason this team has not won in forever.....A lot of bad luck too..... I mean, he did what everybody wanted and hired Jackson and stayed out of his way like everybody wanted......

Our last true rebuild was before Melo joined and that roster traded to the Nuggets went to the playoffs.

We can’t forget it was Walsh who wasn’t budging and Dolan who overruled him.

Walsh who did a better job than the credit he received.

Walsh left because he had no real control over basketball operations. It was widely reported.

20 years of constantly meddling doesn’t go away. Dolan is severely flawed. He can’t help himself.

I just want him to stfu and never speak to the press. I don’t like him because he’s a fuckin tool that can’t help himself.

08-07-2019, 03:04 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-07-2019, 02:21 PM)damntoni Wrote:  
(08-07-2019, 01:39 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  I am no fan of Dolan but I think it is over kill in the city acting like Dolan is the only reason this team has not won in forever.....A lot of bad luck too..... I mean, he did what everybody wanted and hired Jackson and stayed out of his way like everybody wanted......

Our last true rebuild was before Melo joined and that roster traded to the Nuggets went to the playoffs.

Walsh left because he had no real control over basketball operations. It was widely reported.

20 years of constantly meddling doesn’t go away. Dolan is severely flawed. He can’t help himself.

I just want him to stfu and never speak to the press. I don’t like him because he’s a fuckin tool that can’t help himself.

Walsh never went to work dude.  he was at home throughout most of his tenure with the Knicks.  When they had to meet LeBron in Ohio, Donnie was in a wheelchair.  He really didn't do anything for the Knicks.  But the press loves him.  Keep in mind, that Donnie Walsh is a super classy guy, so I understand the love.

Dolan however is hated, so he receives the opposite treatment.

What's funny is, Dolan hasn't done an interview in like 25 years.  Has he ever?  So when 25-35 year old writers slam him it's kind of funny, because they never met him.

Most Knick fans, hate Dolan with a passion.  Why, because that is what the press wants you to believe.
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

08-07-2019, 06:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 09:37 PM by bigjeep8.)
 x 0  x 0 
(08-07-2019, 03:04 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(08-07-2019, 02:21 PM)damntoni Wrote:  Our last true rebuild was before Melo joined and that roster traded to the Nuggets went to the playoffs.

Walsh never went to work dude.  he was at home throughout most of his tenure with the Knicks.  When they had to meet LeBron in Ohio, Donnie was in a wheelchair.  He really didn't do anything for the Knicks.  But the press loves him.  Keep in mind, that Donnie Walsh is a super classy guy, so I understand the love.

Dolan however is hated, so he receives the opposite treatment.

What's funny is, Dolan hasn't done an interview in like 25 years.  Has he ever?  So when 25-35 year old writers slam him it's kind of funny, because they never met him.

Most Knick fans, hate Dolan with a passion.  Why, because that is what the press wants you to believe.

I think you hit on the reason no top FA will come here! Just the name "Dolan" scares them away, right or wrong!

Red: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
08-07-2019, 07:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 07:26 PM by sgod35.)
 x 0  x 0 
people can say what they want to say but dolan is the problem since he took over from his dad in 99" the knicks have been downhill ever since, carmelo anthony is the only big name in FA who wanted to come to NY in 20 years no other big name FA wanted to come here to play for the circus which is the laughingstock of the NBA....in the 90's the knicks had no problems getting people to NY Larry johnson,Allan houston in FA latrell sprewell and marcus camby in trades great drafting mark jackson,rod strickland,patrick ewing gerald wilkins etc.....nowadays teams want to rape the knicks in trades and don't want to do trades or business with the knicks.......at the end of the day i wish dolan would just sell the fucking team and go away he is fucking retard who hired a consulting firm to help with a team what a fucking loser......the knicks were in much better hand with the older dolan than his bratty jerk off son

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj-sJ7P5fHjAhUGGKwKHT9rCYUQFjAAegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnba.nbcsports.com%2F2019%2F08%2F05%2Fformer-assistant-coach-knicks-hired-consulting-firm-that-created-headaches-paranoia%2F&usg=AOvVaw1U-qJWktPxjNObvatiyaD2

"P Y P" pick your poison daniel jones,Barkley,Engram or Shepard

08-07-2019, 08:10 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
In the NY Post there is a story today about Durant and he says if he was leaving GS it was always going to be to go to the Nets due to their management team and the team they were building. The Knick rumors were complete bullshit as usual.
08-07-2019, 08:15 PM,
 x 0  x 0 

• Don Nelson - 1,335.
  • Lenny Wilkins - 1,332.
  • Jerry Sloan - 1,221.
  • Pat Riley - 1,210.
  • George Karl - 1,175.
  • Phil Jackson - 1,155.
  • Larry Brown - 1,098.

He usually paired that solid coach with a weak GM or a guy who was closer to the end of his career than the beginning. And it was 4 of those coaches, not 5. Pat Riley wasn't hired by Dolan, Dolan took over as chairman in 1999.
08-07-2019, 08:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 08:30 PM by damntoni.)
 x 0  x 0 
(08-07-2019, 07:22 PM)sgod35 Wrote:  people can say what they want to say but dolan is the problem since he took over from his dad in 99" the knicks have been downhill ever since, carmelo anthony is the only big name in FA who wanted to come to NY in 20 years no other big name FA wanted to come here to play for the circus which is the laughingstock of the NBA....in the 90's the knicks had no problems getting people to NY Larry johnson,Allan houston in FA latrell sprewell and marcus camby in trades great drafting mark jackson,rod strickland,patrick ewing gerald wilkins etc.....nowadays teams want to rape the knicks in trades and don't want to do trades or business with the knicks.......at the end of the day i wish dolan would just sell the fucking team and go away he is fucking retard who hired a consulting firm to help with a team what a fucking loser......the knicks were in much better hand with the older dolan than his bratty jerk off son

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj-sJ7P5fHjAhUGGKwKHT9rCYUQFjAAegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnba.nbcsports.com%2F2019%2F08%2F05%2Fformer-assistant-coach-knicks-hired-consulting-firm-that-created-headaches-paranoia%2F&usg=AOvVaw1U-qJWktPxjNObvatiyaD2

Amen.

Who the fuck hires an accounting firm to help make basketball decisions.

Dolan is broken and so are the Knicks as long as he’s running shit.

08-07-2019, 08:40 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-07-2019, 08:10 PM)Malco Wrote:  In the NY Post there is a story today about Durant and he says if he was leaving GS it was always going to be to go to the Nets due to their management team and the team they were building. The Knick rumors were complete bullshit as usual.

There are certain owners that are alike.

Dolan and Sarver are one in the same.

In the same respect we could say Jordan is Terrible owner running the team even though his shares are less. The difference is that he’s not flaunting his weight the way Dolan does. That’s why Dolan has a bad reputation. He need the press. He needs the attention and recognition that he’s the guy behind the Knicks.

If fans start cheering sell the team every time he’s in the building it might humble him into understanding that he is the problem.

08-07-2019, 09:39 PM,
 x 0  x 0 

• Don Nelson - 1,335.
  • Lenny Wilkins - 1,332.
  • Jerry Sloan - 1,221.
  • Pat Riley - 1,210.
  • George Karl - 1,175.
  • Phil Jackson - 1,155.
  • Larry Brown - 1,098.

They also had D'Antoni where his philosophy on offense is now the new trend in NBA. They just didn't have the right roster and support he needed to run his offense. 
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
08-07-2019, 09:40 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-07-2019, 09:39 PM)Limpbiz Wrote:  
(08-07-2019, 12:23 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  Kenyon is just listening to the media as most people do.  

• Don Nelson - 1,335.
  • Lenny Wilkins - 1,332.
  • Jerry Sloan - 1,221.
  • Pat Riley - 1,210.
  • George Karl - 1,175.
  • Phil Jackson - 1,155.
  • Larry Brown - 1,098.

They also had D'Antoni where his philosophy on offense is now the new trend in NBA. They just didn't have the right roster and support he needed to run his offense. 

He had Melo, enough typed!

08-08-2019, 11:54 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-07-2019, 08:40 PM)damntoni Wrote:  
(08-07-2019, 08:10 PM)Malco Wrote:  In the NY Post there is a story today about Durant and he says if he was leaving GS it was always going to be to go to the Nets due to their management team and the team they were building. The Knick rumors were complete bullshit as usual.

There are certain owners that are alike.

In the same respect we could say Jordan is Terrible owner running the team even though his shares are less. The difference is that he’s not flaunting his weight the way Dolan does. That’s why Dolan has a bad reputation. He need the press. He needs the attention and recognition that he’s the guy behind the Knicks.

If fans start cheering sell the team every time he’s in the building it might humble him into understanding that he is the problem.

Dolan doesn't even talk to the press and hasn't in like 20 something years?  Yet you say he needs the press?  Seems like the press needs him.  I mean, they obviously know nothing about basketball but character assassination they are quite good at.  

The press in 2019 are a bunch of bumbling idiots.  

08-14-2019, 04:16 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-08-2019, 11:54 AM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(08-07-2019, 08:40 PM)damntoni Wrote:  There are certain owners that are alike.

Dolan doesn't even talk to the press and hasn't in like 20 something years?  Yet you say he needs the press?  Seems like the press needs him.  I mean, they obviously know nothing about basketball but character assassination they are quite good at.  

The press in 2019 are a bunch of bumbling idiots.  

WTF? Dude is all over NY sports radio THIS year. Running his mouth. What the hell are you talking about? He's also a big fucking asshole and he has been THE reason this team has become a joke. They weren't a joke until he took over. He's a problem. 
08-14-2019, 05:17 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Dolan just needs to sell the knicks just like donald sterling did with the clippers and the dark cloud will be removed....

08-14-2019, 06:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-14-2019, 06:37 PM by damntoni.)
 x 0  x 0 
(08-14-2019, 05:17 PM)sgod35 Wrote:  Dolan just needs to sell the knicks just like donald sterling did with the clippers and the dark cloud will be removed....

The problem with Dolan is he’s behind every decision and press release.

He can’t help himself.

No other owner is as public as Dolan. Every owner stays out of the limelight.

Let’s not forget it was Dolan who wanted to see the medical records of Durant before committing. It was Dolan who was pissed off Jeremy Lin was talking with the Rockets after Linsanity new contract. It was Dolan who over ruled Walsh and traded the farm for Carmelo knowing Carmelo wasn’t going to the Nets in New Jersey. It was Dolan who bans players, the press and fans that don’t agree with him.

Dolan is the dark cloud.

08-14-2019, 08:37 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
don't forget the embarassing charles oakley fiasco at the garden