Judge, etc.
 x 0 x 0
Despite the Yankees slow start, Aaron Judge has been as hot as he was last  April. After 15 games he's .351/.479/.615 with and OPB of 1.093. He's also drawn 13 walks and scored 15 runs. True, he's still striking out a lot (17) but, you know, if he can keep hitting like this, who gives a shit about the strikeouts.

The main other bright spot has been Didi, though it's good to have Hicks back. That inside the park HR was sick.

Stanton is off to a pretty miserable start, but he started slow last season too and caught fire in late May/early June, then stayed that way the rest of the season. We need him to get going.

All-in-all, the team has been kind of 'meh,' but I'm not close to panicking. Gleyber has been hitting really well at SWB, and the Yankees need to find a spot for him soon. Farm system not quite as good as it was last year, but still loaded, especially with younger guys at the lower levels.
I never cared if it was in the strike zone. If I could reach it, I could hit it.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
The funny thing is Ups still have been horrible with Judge's strike zone.....horrible and they have been just as bad with Sanchez. The games (the very few) tha the UMP has not given Judge a crazy strike zone are the games he is getting multiple hits with walks

He has been having great at bats.........He no question is a + .400 OBP guy every year and I see him having years where he should bat between .280-.300 most times to go with his absurd power.
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
The players were reading to many Press Releases about how good they are and they are playing like it! I hope Stanton adjusts to the Big Apple pressure. BRING BACK GIRARDI NOW!
Game 7

Boone: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Boone: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
 x 0 x 0
(Yesterday, 09:31 AM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  The players were reading to many Press Releases about how good they are and they are playing like it! I hope Stanton adjusts to the Big Apple pressure. BRING BACK GIRARDI NOW!

Still not to concerned about the april start for team and Stanton

History has shown that some big name guys that have come here always start slow

Arod
Jason G
Text
Tino

Didi was not a big name, but he was brutal the first half of that first season
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(Yesterday, 11:14 AM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  
(Yesterday, 09:31 AM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  The players were reading to many Press Releases about how good they are and they are playing like it! I hope Stanton adjusts to the Big Apple pressure. BRING BACK GIRARDI NOW!

Still not to concerned about the april start for team and Stanton

History has shown that some big name guys that have come here always start slow

Arod
Jason G
Text
Tino

Didi was not a big name, but he was brutal the first half of that first season

Giambi has a horrible start his first season and was being roundly booed by the fans the first month or so. Then he caught fire. Stanton's start reminds me of that.
I never cared if it was in the strike zone. If I could reach it, I could hit it.

-Yogi Berra