Jordan Montgomery struck in the head during batting practice
 x 0 x 0
A few hours after putting Masahiro Tanaka on the disabled list with an inflamed right shoulder fellow starter Jordan Montgomery was hit in the head signing autographs down the right-field seats during the Red Sox batting practice Saturday afternoon.

During the first inning the Yankees announced Montgomery was seen by the team’s medical staff, was in uniform for the game and is scheduled to make his start Sunday.

Sandy Leon hit a ball that struck Montgomery, who is slated to start in CC Sabathia’s place Sunday night against the Red Sox. Sabathia went on the DL Friday with a right knee injury.
Montgomery was struck near the right ear and was taken to the clubhouse to be examined, according to an eye witness. Montgomery, 24,  is 7-6 with a 4.05 ERA in 21 starts, was optioned to SWB (Triple-A) last Sunday when the Yankees went from a temporary six-man rotation to five.
“He was just standing here, signing autographs, and a ball was hit and curved around the cage and hit him in the ear. He did not see it at all,’’ Brad Fryer said of Montgomery.”He was a little shaken up.”
Fellow autograph seeker Alex Laskin watched Montgomery leave the field.
“Someone then walked him into the dugout. He walked right in to the dugout. He was covering his ear. It was hit very hard,’’ Laskin said.
Game 7

Joe Girardi: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Joe Girardi: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
 x 0 x 0
I got hit in the head by a line drive in high school.

I think that was when I became a Knicks fan.
I never cared if it was in the strike zone. If I could reach it, I could hit it.

-Yogi Berra