Jets sign Titans ILB Avery Williamson
 x 0 x 0
Bad teams almost have to overpay to get their guy. No one is taking a discount to come to this cesspool.
"Things! Excitement!"
 x 0 x 0
Haha, it's like we can never celebrate a bargain signing. We did it to ourselves with the anticipation of it coming cheap. I was thinking for once we got a guy who was rank high on the media outlets top FA list for the low. Regardless still like the player and his age. Surprise Mac Genius couldn't get an extra option year in making it a 4 year deal.
Be careful with your words.
Once they are said,
they can only be
forgiven,
not forgotten.
 x 1 x 0
Free Agents are always "overpaid" (there are some exceptions when a position has more supply than demand), because you are trying to get someone to leave a "known" situation, and the cap goes up each year...

The difference is who you overpay for.  When you overpay for a player that is >30, that sucks because you are paying for the decline, or if you overpay for a player that is all potential and you miss...  The good GM's, are overpaying for a proven player that is still young, like under 27 - depending on position, might be okay to go a little older or maybe needs to be younger (like RB's, OL need to be younger, but WR's/QB's/DB's can be a little older). 

Overpaying for a player at a position of real need that performs and provides quality is okay, but if you have to take a dead money hit of $5M after 2 years, then its not okay.  So far, for the most part, Big Mac has overpaid for all, so its hard to differentiate.  He needs to become a little more selective.  Overpaying for Revis/Cro/Skrine in one offseason was not ideal, especially given where two of them were in their careers, overpaying for Forte or Crowell, when its not a position of need (Powell and a backup would've been fine) is not ideal. 

And to be fair, if someone told you, the Jets would get Bridgewater for $5M, you would've been ecstatic.  And for those saying its no good because we don't have an option for 2nd year, that option would've cost Jets more in year one.  If Bridgewater is looking for an opportunity to prove himself for a contract, and the Jets have him for year two at say $15M, year one likely goes up at least $4M, no?  Because if he proves himself and gets a contract next year, its multi year $20M+, guarantees of 30M? (going rate for any starting QB?)
SERENITY NOW
 x 0 x 0
Davis got 3 years 24 million from the saints. This is just what the market is for these guys
"Things! Excitement!"
 x 0 x 0
I read that this ILB can't cover and comes off the field on 3rd downs. Who are the nickel LBs?
"Some mothafuckas are always trying to ice skate uphill."
 x 0 x 0
(03-14-2018, 07:27 PM)MetsJetsFTW Wrote:  I read that this ILB can't cover and comes off the field on 3rd downs. Who are the nickel LBs?

That's where the Safties come in?
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
 x 0 x 0
(03-14-2018, 07:30 PM)Limpbiz Wrote:  
(03-14-2018, 07:27 PM)MetsJetsFTW Wrote:  I read that this ILB can't cover and comes off the field on 3rd downs. Who are the nickel LBs?

That's where the Safties come in?

Right, I guess Lee is one of the nickel LBs (I watched about 3 entire quarters of Jets football last season, so I have no idea what the team is doing anymore to be honest), but I am not sure who the other LB is in the nickel or if they even use one. 
 x 0 x 0
(03-14-2018, 08:03 AM)sheets316 Wrote:  It sure does seem like MacDaddy overpays everyone.  Been saying that since his first year here (Skrine, Cro, Revis, etc).  Maybe it is because no one wants to come here.  This seems like overpaying, but, again, he's someone I wanted... so I'll just hope he's worth every penny.  ILB is no longer a need.

If nobody wants to come here, the only way to get them is overpay. That sucks for Big Mac
"HOWEVER, I do believe every negative comment deserves a response, if we so choose." Redtrek
 x 1 x 0
(03-14-2018, 08:11 PM)MetsJetsFTW Wrote:  
(03-14-2018, 07:30 PM)Limpbiz Wrote:  That's where the Safties come in?

Right, I guess Lee is one of the nickel LBs (I watched about 3 entire quarters of Jets football last season, so I have no idea what the team is doing anymore to be honest), but I am not sure who the other LB is in the nickel or if they even use one. 

or Shaquem Griffin :D
STOP BLOWING MY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!! - Sheets316
 x 0 x 0
(03-15-2018, 10:50 AM)being_frank Wrote:  
(03-14-2018, 08:11 PM)MetsJetsFTW Wrote:  Right, I guess Lee is one of the nickel LBs (I watched about 3 entire quarters of Jets football last season, so I have no idea what the team is doing anymore to be honest), but I am not sure who the other LB is in the nickel or if they even use one. 

or Shaquem Griffin :D

That would be awesome! 
 x 0 x 0
interesting tweets on Williamsom. Shown flashes in coverage...

https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ganggreennation.com%2F2018%2F3%2F16%2F17128718%2Fjets-free-agency-news-and-rumor-tracker-with-live-updates-3-16
STOP BLOWING MY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!! - Sheets316