Jets owner Christopher Johnson to remain patient with Gase
 x 0 x 0
ADAM SCHEFTER

Despite the public unrest amongst some New York Jets fans and the repeated calls for coach Adam Gase's job, team owner Christopher Johnson is expected to remain patient, per sources familiar with his thinking. Circumstances always could change, but ownership is not inclined to make any head-coaching moves.

The Jets are eight games in, with eight games left, and the team will not rush to any decisions, even if their fans seem to have made one on Gase. Furthermore, Gase and GM Joe Douglas -- who was brought in to upgrade the roster and provide stability -- have had only five months together without a full offseason. The Jets believe the situation will sort itself out.

A segment of the Jets' fan base on social media wants Gase fired, the sooner the better, but the team is not inclined to acquiesce to those wishes at this time, as the New York Daily News also reported. It still wants to judge Gase over a larger body of work than half the season, one that has been plagued with injuries.

The Jets signed running back Le'Veon Bell in the offseason to pair with quarterback Sam Darnold, the No. 3 overall pick in the 2018 draft. But after a one-point loss to the Bills in Week 1, Darnold missed the next three games, all losses, with mononucleosis. The Jets (1-7) defeated Dallas in his return on Oct. 13, but are currently in the midst of a three-game losing streak.

The chatter surrounding Gase is reminiscent of the situation with the Cowboys earlier this season, when fans were calling for coach Jason Garrett's job before the team won two games in a row and quieted some of that talk. The Jets are hoping to do the same.
Bilal Powell superfan
 x 3 x 0
This is exactly I get annoyed with the homers.

The Johnsons don’t give a shit about what the fans want. They’ll happily keep Gase on because it means they won’t have to pay a third HC next year. And they know all the homers will still get excited for the team, buy tickets and buy merchandise.

Their decisions don’t matter as long as there’s tons of “true Jets fans” and “optimistic jets fans” out there that will make the team profitable year in and year out regardless of how fucking embarrassing the team is.

This fan base needs to wake the fuck up and stop paying the Johnsons for terrible decisions. Stop buying tickets, stop buying merch, stop watching the games and giving it ratings for advertisers. Stop putting money into the team and the nfl and either the Johnsons will start caring about the fan base calling for a coach to be fired or the NFL will at least pressure them too.
"Joe Montana was ok... Geddy Lee was an average bass player...Neil Pert couldn't carry Dave Grohl's drumsticks" - Words of wisdom from (minor prophet) Etrius24 --- Added proverbs for 2014: "Rocky was watchable"
 x 1 x 0
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O7t4XFlRSjw
"Are we even Laing? "
 x 0 x 0
Nothing surprising here .. Owner does not want to hear talks about firing daily. I think this is standard stuff you do as owner. If Gase continues this shit show ... i think good possibility he gets fired end of the season.
It is what it is.
 x 2 x 0
I don't know if this is a positive that ownership has to give the obligatory public announcement of support essentially paving the road to fire him at the end of the year, or this is actually how they feel.

Let's all hope we continue our "descent" towards a 1-15 season, the #1 overall pick, and a new HC.
If you choose to pull the trigger,
should your drama prove sincere.
Do it somewhere far away from here.

x 0 x 0
(11-09-2019, 11:44 PM)Signal20 Jet Wrote:  I don't know if this is a positive that ownership has to give the obligatory public announcement of support essentially paving the road to fire him at the end of the year, or this is actually how they feel.  

Let's all hope we continue our "descent" towards a 1-15 season, the #1 overall pick, and a new HC.

smoke screen ... Gase wont know when CJ will hit him.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
OBVIOUSLY, the moron is aware that fans are PISSED. Keep the pressure up (more banners being flown by planes, more hammering by the fans and media, etc.).......and hope Gase keeps the L’s coming (which is why it’s good to not fire him right now). Get the highest pick possible. Would LOVE to see Fans stage a late season protest and/or rally......MAKE THOSE MORONS LISTEN. Hopefully, with L’s the rest of the way along with the public outcry.....Gase WON’T be the HC past this year.

Hopefully, that group that flew the banner has other plans and keeps hitting back at the those fucking morons. ATTACK THOSE WEASELS
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
 x 0 x 0
“Despite the public unrest amongst some New York Jets fans...”

It’s not “some”, it’s most. I’ve never seen such a consensus on a coach being fired.
 x 0 x 0
We need to get absolutely embarrassed by the Giants.

Darnold should throw the game and intentionally throw 5 INTs solely to get Gase fired. Then light it up after he’s gone.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 1 x 0
What will be interesting to see play out or to know is how does JD feel about Gase and does he even have much of a say in Gase.

This stupid structure just makes things like this worse.

x 0 x 0
(11-10-2019, 12:48 AM)ZenMaster Wrote:  “Despite the public unrest amongst some New York Jets fans...”

It’s not “some”, it’s most. I’ve never seen such a consensus on a coach being fired.

Exactly......and considering the shitty coaches this Organization has had (from both before AND after that asshole Woody J. bought the team) and the fact that so many fans want this shithead fired so soon after being hired....it should REALLY say something.
 x 0 x 0
Seeing the past few days that both Cimini and Brian Costello are saying Gase should stay. So infuriating because if the Johnson’s listen to anyone, it’s the media. Until the media turns on Gase, no shot he’s gone.
 x 0 x 0
There is losing and then there is the Jets 2019-2020 season. Worst in Jets history imo. I've seen most of them. It's never been this bad. Gase is completely lost, and it's obvious. Also he never did anything in Miami either. So there is plenty of work to assess in Gase's "career" as a head coach.
 x 0 x 0
I realize there are some bad owners in sports, but honestly these fucking morons have got to be the worst. They literally keep doing the SAME FUCKING THING....in fact, they somehow figure out new ways to fuck shit up frequently.

You can change the logo, the uniforms, the “gameday experiences”, and all the other bullshit you want......but the one thing you CAN’T do.....EVER....is make intelligent decisions when it comes to this motherfucking abortion you call a football team. 20 GOD DAMNED YEARS AND YOU’VE DONE NOTHING RIGHT. NOTHING.

FUCK YOU YOU COCKSUCKERS. WE’RE DONE ASSHOLES. MAKE THE FUCKING CHANGES OR SELL THE TEAM. WE’VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH ASSHATS.
 x 0 x 0
(11-09-2019, 11:39 PM)moonlitegram Wrote:  This is exactly I get annoyed with the homers.  

The Johnsons don’t give a shit about what the fans want. They’ll happily keep Gase on because it means they won’t have to pay a third HC next year. And they know all the homers will still get excited for the team, buy tickets and buy merchandise.  

Their decisions don’t matter as long as there’s tons of “true Jets fans” and “optimistic jets fans” out there that will make the team profitable year in and year out regardless of how fucking embarrassing the team is.

This fan base needs to wake the fuck up and stop paying the Johnsons for terrible decisions.  Stop buying tickets, stop buying merch, stop watching the games and giving it ratings for advertisers. Stop putting money into the team and the nfl and either the Johnsons will start caring about the fan base calling for a coach to be fired or the NFL will at least pressure them too.

Why would you be mad at the fans? It's ownerships fault!

I've mentioned this before, but there is no evidence to support the claim that boycotting a team will invoke any change (unless the idea of change is getting rid of the organization completely). If the owners don't want to change, due to any reason, then the team will continue to fail.

The failure of the New York Jets falls 100% on the Johnson's.
What do we care more about, children or money? How come we have armed guards in banks protecting the money and there's no one in schools protecting the kids.

I survived Fieldchatter Y2K! January 11th, 2019
 x 0 x 0
Let them talk and make there proclamations now. Tomorrow or today as it is 1am the team can make all this look foolish by doing what they do. Then the postgame and Monday’s media blitz will hammer them again for another week.

Just. Keep. Losing.

x 0 x 0
(11-10-2019, 02:22 AM)Runway JET Wrote:  
(11-09-2019, 11:39 PM)moonlitegram Wrote:  This is exactly I get annoyed with the homers.  

This fan base needs to wake the fuck up and stop paying the Johnsons for terrible decisions.  Stop buying tickets, stop buying merch, stop watching the games and giving it ratings for advertisers. Stop putting money into the team and the nfl and either the Johnsons will start caring about the fan base calling for a coach to be fired or the NFL will at least pressure them too.

I've mentioned this before, but there is no evidence to support the claim that boycotting a team will invoke any change (unless the idea of change is getting rid of the organization completely). If the owners don't want to change, due to any reason, then the team will continue to fail.

Why would you ask this question?? My entire post was literally an answer to this question...

If the franchise isn't making money, or better yet, losing money, it certainly provides much more incentive for the Johnsons to make changes.  I mean I guess we can talk about the slight possibility that the Johnson's don't care whatsoever about the financial situation of the team.  But it seems so unlikely that its not worth considering in decision making.

Either way, you have a lot more to gain by attempting the boycott then you have to lose.  What are you really losing?  Some entertainment on Sunday? Are seasons like this really all that entertaining for you???  Are you people seriously so immature that you can't put off some instant gratification (if you can even call decades comprised largely of seasons ranging from absolute garbage to mediocre gratification) to make a more rewarding entertainment experience with the Jets down the road more likely?

True.  So stop fucking putting money in their pockets and rewarding them for all their mistakes!
"Joe Montana was ok... Geddy Lee was an average bass player...Neil Pert couldn't carry Dave Grohl's drumsticks" - Words of wisdom from (minor prophet) Etrius24 --- Added proverbs for 2014: "Rocky was watchable"
 x 0 x 0
(11-10-2019, 08:09 AM)moonlitegram Wrote:  
(11-10-2019, 02:22 AM)Runway JET Wrote:  Why would you be mad at the fans? It's ownerships fault!

Why would you ask this question?? My entire post was literally an answer to this question...

If the franchise isn't making money, or better yet, losing money, it certainly provides much more incentive for the Johnsons to make changes.  I mean I guess we can talk about the slight possibility that the Johnson's don't care whatsoever about the financial situation of the team.  But it seems so unlikely that its not worth considering in decision making.

Either way, you have a lot more to gain by attempting the boycott then you have to lose.  What are you really losing?  Some entertainment on Sunday? Are seasons like this really all that entertaining for you???  Are you people seriously so immature that you can't put off some instant gratification (if you can even call decades comprised largely of seasons ranging from absolute garbage to mediocre gratification) to make a more rewarding entertainment experience with the Jets down the road more likely?

True.  So stop fucking putting money in their pockets and rewarding them for all their mistakes!

You said you were annoyed with the fans, that's why.

It's highly unlikely that a professional football organization will lose money in today's world. First off, it's not just fans that buy tickets. There are numerous companies and organizations that buy tickets in bulk when they go on sale. Merchandise, who the hell buys Jets merchandise besides fans LOL. I haven't bought anything Jets related in over a decade, so how much of the fanbase actually invests in merchandise. I can't imagine that being a moneymaker. I bet it's a moneymaker for a team like the Cowboys, not the Jets. Secondly, the NFL is a collective unit. They arent going to let an organization that's worth billions take a major loss. They have some type of profit sharing system in place to protect all 32 teams.

The most I've ever given this team for the last 15 years is watching them play whenever I can. When I was growing up, I never missed a game. Nowadays, I'll watch if I'm free.

Sadly, there's a chance we'll never see this team become a winner until we have new ownership. The only hope is Darnold turning into an elite superstar and overcoming inept ownership and coaching.
What do we care more about, children or money? How come we have armed guards in banks protecting the money and there's no one in schools protecting the kids.

I survived Fieldchatter Y2K! January 11th, 2019
 x 1 x 0
(11-10-2019, 02:22 AM)Runway JET Wrote:  

When a business experiences declines in sales they need to look into making changes. Pretty basic concept.
"Are we even Laing? "
 x 0 x 0
Unfortunately the Wilpons, Dolan and Johnsons are going no where. At the end of the day Billionaires beat Fans.
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.