Jets and Giants trade: If ever was a time
 x 0 x 0
Now may be it. 

Giants have the most picks,  have two first rounders and the big need for a QB.....I hope they really fall hard for Haskins and get wind that other teams do

Question is, what does it take?

A swap at 6 and 2019 second rounder, 2020 and maybe a couple 4ths?

Or maybe just Giants second first rounder this year (not likely )

Would you rather sit tight and just lock up an elite pass rusher in Bosa or Allen or go to 6(maybe get lucky and still get Allen)  and pick up those potential scenarios? 
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
i rather make trade we have to many holes

Can still get pass rusher or Jonah and pick up a stud WR (like Marquise brown)
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
If at a minimum we get two second rounders (one this year, and another next year) - i'll do it. We paid 3 second rounders for similar move - so at minimum i want two second rounders. Then you can still get an edge rusher, and perhaps a center or a WR with 2nd round pick.
 x 0 x 0
We need to trade back if we can and get more early round picks. Like you said, we have holes that need filled.

Desperately need to land a stud WR in this draft, grab a center, and a pass rusher.
What do we care more about, children or money? How come we have armed guards in banks protecting the money and there's no one in schools protecting the kids.

I survived Fieldchatter Y2K! January 11th, 2019
 x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 12:55 AM)Runway JET Wrote:  We need to trade back if we can and get more early round picks. Like you said, we have holes that need filled.

Desperately need to land a stud WR in this draft, grab a center, and a pass rusher.

but they all won't hit, you could argue that it's more important to make sure to hit on an elite pass rusher, than to trade back and get the 3rd or 4th best edge rusher in the 1st round, he either busts or maybe his ceiling is just decent (say 8 sacks)

and don't forget who is doing the picking, the less choice we give Big Mac to fuck it up the better, hence Allen or Bosa (and I still think he'll fuck that up)
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 01:02 AM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(03-15-2019, 12:55 AM)Runway JET Wrote:  We need to trade back if we can and get more early round picks. Like you said, we have holes that need filled.

but they all won't hit, you could argue that it's more important to make sure to hit on an elite pass rusher, than to trade back and get the 3rd or 4th best edge rusher in the 1st round, he either busts or maybe his ceiling is just decent (say 8 sacks)

and don't forget who is doing the picking, the less choice we give Big Mac to fuck it up the better, hence Allen or Bosa (and I still think he'll fuck that up)

In my opinion it's all about odds when it comes to Mac drafting. I'd rather him have more early round picks then one top 3 pick and then nothing else until the 3rd round. If he fucks up the top 3 pick and takes a player none of us want (Q Williams) then we'll all be pissed and there is nothing else to look forward to in the draft. 

Minus last year, or any year, that a QB is needed.
What do we care more about, children or money? How come we have armed guards in banks protecting the money and there's no one in schools protecting the kids.

x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 02:09 AM)Runway JET Wrote:  
(03-15-2019, 01:02 AM)dmb88886 Wrote:  but they all won't hit, you could argue that it's more important to make sure to hit on an elite pass rusher, than to trade back and get the 3rd or 4th best edge rusher in the 1st round, he either busts or maybe his ceiling is just decent (say 8 sacks)

In my opinion it's all about odds when it comes to Mac drafting. I'd rather him have more early round picks then one top 3 pick and then nothing else until the 3rd round. If he fucks up the top 3 pick and takes a player none of us want (Q Williams) then we'll all be pissed and there is nothing else to look forward to in the draft. 

Well if it's about playing the odds with Mac, than we should just stay put. I forgot where I saw the analysis but essentially Mac is well below league average with successful picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. In fact the only area where he does better than average is in the first. Essentially Mac knows how to not fuck up an easy pick, and anything beyond that, he's worthless.

So if we're playing odds with Mac, we should just take Bosa/Allen at 3.
"Joe Montana was ok... Geddy Lee was an average bass player...Neil Pert couldn't carry Dave Grohl's drumsticks" - Words of wisdom from (minor prophet) Etrius24 --- Added proverbs for 2014: "Rocky was watchable"
 x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 02:41 AM)moonlitegram Wrote:  
(03-15-2019, 02:09 AM)Runway JET Wrote:  In my opinion it's all about odds when it comes to Mac drafting. I'd rather him have more early round picks then one top 3 pick and then nothing else until the 3rd round. If he fucks up the top 3 pick and takes a player none of us want (Q Williams) then we'll all be pissed and there is nothing else to look forward to in the draft. 

Well if it's about playing the odds with Mac, than we should just stay put.  I forgot where I saw the analysis but essentially Mac is well below league average with successful picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. In fact the only area where he does better than average is in the first.  Essentially Mac knows how to not fuck up an easy pick, and anything beyond that, he's worthless.

Don't the Giants have 2 first round picks? Only way I'd trade with them is if they gave up both those picks at a minimum. 

x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 02:45 AM)Runway JET Wrote:  
(03-15-2019, 02:41 AM)moonlitegram Wrote:  Well if it's about playing the odds with Mac, than we should just stay put.  I forgot where I saw the analysis but essentially Mac is well below league average with successful picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. In fact the only area where he does better than average is in the first.  Essentially Mac knows how to not fuck up an easy pick, and anything beyond that, he's worthless.

Don't the Giants have 2 first round picks? Only way I'd trade with them is if they gave up both those picks at a minimum. 

Somehow I don't see the master negotiater getting the Giants to give up both their firsts lol
"Joe Montana was ok... Geddy Lee was an average bass player...Neil Pert couldn't carry Dave Grohl's drumsticks" - Words of wisdom from (minor prophet) Etrius24 --- Added proverbs for 2014: "Rocky was watchable"
 x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 03:00 AM)moonlitegram Wrote:  
(03-15-2019, 02:45 AM)Runway JET Wrote:  Don't the Giants have 2 first round picks? Only way I'd trade with them is if they gave up both those picks at a minimum. 

Somehow I don't see the master negotiater getting the Giants to give up both their firsts lol

Yeah it's not happening. 

x 0 x 0
I would rather draft Allen or Bosa if the Jets are in position to draft one of them at 3. Plus the Giants are all in with Eli for another season. Do you use the #3 pick on a player who will sit at start of the season causing QB controversy?
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
 x 0 x 0
Unfortunately there is not a stud sure thing qb in this draft that would make the giants give up both first round picks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 x 0 x 0
(03-14-2019, 05:15 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  Now may be it. 

Giants have the most picks,  have two first rounders and the big need for a QB.....I hope they really fall hard for Haskins and get wind that other teams do

Would you rather sit tight and just lock up an elite pass rusher in Bosa or Allen or go to 6(maybe get lucky and still get Allen)  and pick up those potential scenarios? 
I think their 17 is equal to 2 2nd rounders so it's not that unrealistic
"HOWEVER, I do believe every negative comment deserves a response, if we so choose." Redtrek
 x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 12:05 PM)hustler07 Wrote:  
(03-14-2019, 05:15 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  Now may be it. 

I think their 17 is equal to 2 2nd rounders so it's not that unrealistic

If we get that offer .. their two first rounders - it is a no brainer for us.   
 x 0 x 0
I don't trust this GM at all, so let's just stay put and grab an elite pass rusher (Macc can't fuck that up, can he??)
"Some mothafuckas are always trying to ice skate uphill."