Jets 12th in total defense?
 x 0 x 0
I didn't know that. Kudos to Williams.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-gregg-williams-defense-jamal-adams-20191011-spycdjq74zfzjpibas2xc63ujq-story.html
"HOWEVER, I do believe every negative comment deserves a response, if we so choose." Redtrek
 x 1 x 0
The problem hasn't been defense so much as it's been our offense keeping our defense on the field.
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
 x 4 x 0
With the exception of that one year with Marshall and Decker, we’ve been watching half a football team for a decade now.
"Joe Montana was ok... Geddy Lee was an average bass player...Neil Pert couldn't carry Dave Grohl's drumsticks" - Words of wisdom from (minor prophet) Etrius24 --- Added proverbs for 2014: "Rocky was watchable"
 x 1 x 0
They're even better than that considering what our offense does to them

I expect them at the very least to look like an NFL team (even if not good) this Sunday with Sam.....but that is how bad this team has looked on offense......like it has no business being on an NFL field competing
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
They are going to damage Darnold with that line. It's really that truthfully deep and obvious. Gase and that offensive staff needs to go ASAP.
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
 x 1 x 0
The defense has definitely overachieved. But let's also be honest, a lot of teams haven't really tried much against us with such a big lead. Eagles were basically playing game manager. Pats after the 21-0 lead basically barely cared.

If you dig a bit deeper, the D ranks 21st against the Pass and we're 24th in pts per game allowed. What's driving the D ranking the most is the Run D, they are 7th in Run D and 4th in yards per attempt allowed. Which has mostly been the D's forte for years.

The Pass D will continue to be a problem b/c our CB's suck and b/c we can't rush the lasher. We're 29th in sacks. Unless of course Brandon Copeland makes a big different in his return to the team.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
(10-11-2019, 01:44 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  The defense has definitely overachieved.  But let's also be honest, a lot of teams haven't really tried much against us with such a big lead.  Eagles were basically playing game manager.  Pats after the 21-0 lead basically barely cared.

If you dig a bit deeper, the D ranks 21st against the Pass and we're 24th in pts per game allowed.  What's driving the D ranking the most is the Run D, they are 7th in Run D and 4th in yards per attempt allowed.  Which has mostly been the D's forte for years.

The Pass D will continue to be a problem b/c our CB's suck and b/c we can't rush the lasher.  We're 29th in sacks.  Unless of course Brandon Copeland makes a big different in his return to the team.

Did you mean to say we can't lush the lasher?
 x 0 x 0
The defense is super impressive because of how frequently the offense gives the ball back!
 x 0 x 0
(10-11-2019, 02:00 PM)mrf16 Wrote:  The defense is super impressive because of how frequently the offense gives the ball back!

Greg Williams is awesome. Wish he was the HC
 x 0 x 0
(10-11-2019, 02:32 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  
(10-11-2019, 02:00 PM)mrf16 Wrote:  The defense is super impressive because of how frequently the offense gives the ball back!

He didn’t do well as the bills HC (I believe his first attempt). But he did well after the browns fired Jackson and Haley. And I think would have done even better if Haley had stayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 x 0 x 0
(10-11-2019, 01:44 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  The defense has definitely overachieved.  But let's also be honest, a lot of teams haven't really tried much against us with such a big lead.  Eagles were basically playing game manager.  Pats after the 21-0 lead basically barely cared.

If you dig a bit deeper, the D ranks 21st against the Pass and we're 24th in pts per game allowed.  What's driving the D ranking the most is the Run D, they are 7th in Run D and 4th in yards per attempt allowed.  Which has mostly been the D's forte for years.

The Pass D will continue to be a problem b/c our CB's suck and b/c we can't rush the lasher.  We're 29th in sacks.  Unless of course Brandon Copeland makes a big different in his return to the team.
Pats would never take their foot off the pedal against us. You know that. This is really more about Williams doing more with less though. What our rank is doesn't really matter since we're 0-4.
"HOWEVER, I do believe every negative comment deserves a response, if we so choose." Redtrek
 x 1 x 0
Williams needs to put a bounty on Gase
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
 x 0 x 0
(10-11-2019, 02:32 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  

Another defensive head coach? Who are the top DT's in next year's draft?
 x 0 x 0
(10-12-2019, 03:47 PM)Jetguy3 Wrote:  Williams needs to put a bounty on Gase

Lol. This is quite literally your best post ever. By far.

Might be top 20 all time for Fieldchatter of any poster.

x 0 x 0
(10-12-2019, 07:24 PM)mrf16 Wrote:  
(10-12-2019, 03:47 PM)Jetguy3 Wrote:  Williams needs to put a bounty on Gase

Lol. This is quite literally your best post ever. By far.

Might be top 20 all time for Fieldchatter of any poster.

Thank you Sir....
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity