Jet sign another LB
 x 0 x 0
Another 1 year deal!

Goodbye Williamson?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28953849/jets-lb-patrick-onwuasor-agree-1-year-deal
 x 0 x 0
(03-25-2020, 05:32 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  Another 1 year deal!

Goodbye Williamson?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28953849/jets-lb-patrick-onwuasor-agree-1-year-deal

sounds like Jets ....

Onwuasor was the biggest disappointment on last year's defense for the Ravens. He flopped in trying to replace Pro Bowl middle linebacker C.J. Mosley and fell behind Josh Bynes and L.J. Fort on the depth chart at inside linebacker.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
I initially assumed this was mostly a special teams signing and depth. But I see he didn't play much special teams last season (11.5 of ST snaps).

I'm guessing/hoping this guy isn't being paid enough to guarantee a roster spot.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
this is the best part of the article, we've gone from Boar Hunter to Peanut!

Affectionately known as "Peanut," Onwuasor is at his best when he's playing fast and violent.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

x 0 x 0
Rotoworld said Joe Douglas gave cj Mosley a massive contract last year (this dude’s teammate in Baltimore). I wonder why rotoworld doesn’t give you the ability to let them know of errors. That was maccagnans signing!
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 1 x 0
(03-25-2020, 05:59 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  Rotoworld said Joe Douglas gave cj Mosley a massive contract last year (this dude’s teammate in Baltimore).  I wonder why rotoworld doesn’t give you the ability to let them know of errors.  That was maccagnans signing!

All dumb Jets GM's blend into one, in their memory?

x 0 x 0
Why the fuck is Van Roten's contract not reported yet?!?! Either it's a HORRIFIC contract or a GREAT one. Seems like someone doesn't want the news reported. I don't think I've ever seen it go this long without even some rough reporting of general terms.

x 0 x 0
(03-25-2020, 06:02 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  Why the fuck is Van Roten's contract not reported yet?!?! Either it's a HORRIFIC contract or a GREAT one. Seems like someone doesn't want the news reported. I don't think I've ever seen it go this long without even some rough reporting of general terms.

I’m guessing it’s pretty team friendly. Van Roten was on Moose & Maggie on WFAN, he said (I’m paraphrasing) “you go into the offseason with a number you think you’re worth, and you find out teams don’t agree and you have to take less”.

that leads me to believe he had to settle for a more team friendly deal.
 x 0 x 0
(03-25-2020, 06:21 PM)ZenMaster Wrote:  
(03-25-2020, 06:02 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  Why the fuck is Van Roten's contract not reported yet?!?!  Either it's a HORRIFIC contract or a GREAT one.  Seems like someone doesn't want the news reported.  I don't think I've ever seen it go this long without even some rough reporting of general terms.

I’m guessing it’s pretty team friendly. Van Roten was on Moose & Maggie on WFAN, he said (I’m paraphrasing) “you go into the offseason with a number you think you’re worth, and you find out teams don’t agree and you have to take less”.

that leads me to believe he had to settle for a more team friendly deal.

that was my initial guess, I still don't understand why we have no clue as of now, it's been a while!

x 1 x 0
Zen more like...

“you go into the offseason with a number you think you’re worth, and you find out teams don’t agree and you have to take less.......and then the Jets sweep in an TOTALLY BLOW YOU AWAY with an offer 25%-50% higher than any other team and you sign as quick as possible”.

x 1 x 0
“you go into the offseason with a number you think you’re worth, and you find out 31 teams don’t agree...and then there’s the Jets”
 x 0 x 0
Am I the only one that's fine with keeping Williamson and Mosley at this point?

I mean it doesn't look like Douglas is going to drop a big contract on anyone at this point (he already picked up his basketball player), nor am I even sure there's anyone worth a big contract left anyway. So how badly do we need to cut 8.5 from our salary that it would make sense to get rid of a good lb like Williamson for someone cheap?

Will the 8.5 roll over to next year?
"Joe Montana was ok... Geddy Lee was an average bass player...Neil Pert couldn't carry Dave Grohl's drumsticks" - Words of wisdom from (minor prophet) Etrius24 --- Added proverbs for 2014: "Rocky was watchable"
 x 1 x 0
(03-25-2020, 07:21 PM)moonlitegram Wrote:  Am I the only one that's fine with keeping Williamson and Mosley at this point?

I mean it doesn't look like Douglas is going to drop a big contract on anyone at this point (he already picked up his basketball player), nor am I even sure there's anyone worth a big contract left anyway. So how badly do we need to cut 8.5 from our salary that it would make sense to get rid of a good lb like Williamson for someone cheap?

I would keep both. The $6M in saving for cutting him don’t be a net gain after we use that money to sign somebody. We actually have a very good defense outside of a dynamic edge rusher and a #1 CB (the two most important pieces)
 x 1 x 0
(03-25-2020, 07:21 PM)moonlitegram Wrote:  Am I the only one that's fine with keeping Williamson and Mosley at this point?

I mean it doesn't look like Douglas is going to drop a big contract on anyone at this point (he already picked up his basketball player), nor am I even sure there's anyone worth a big contract left anyway.  So how badly do we need to cut 8.5 from our salary that it would make sense to get rid of a good lb like Williamson for someone cheap?

I'm mostly cool with it.  A bit torn, I do think their strengths overlap a bit (both very strong in Run D).  Williamson just turned 28, so he could still be here for a couple years.

I'd honestly look into trading Mosley if possible, now or in the future and keeping Williamson possibly.

x 0 x 0
Maybe Douglas is thinking of trading Moseley on draft day...
 x 0 x 0
Jets ILB, Mosley, Williamson starters. Then you have Hewitt, Burgess, last year rookie Cashman and now Onwuasor. Funny thing is we keep bringing Ravens ILB's when the Jets should be going after there OLB's.
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
 x 1 x 0
(03-25-2020, 10:16 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  Maybe Douglas is thinking of trading Moseley on draft day...

Trade him for Trent Williams!

I just read something on rotoworld about Williams, and the only team they linked to him was the Jets.  And also read the Skins aren't getting offered what they want with draft picks (they want a second), so maybe the Skins will want a later pick + a player.

So trade Mosley and/or Bell + a third round pick for Williams!

I'd be ecstatic to get the Mosley or Bell contract off the books... while protecting Darnold's blind side for the next 2-3 years.  And then we clearly draft Jeudy or Lamb.

Do exactly what I said... and this can be a heck of an offense in 2020.
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
(03-25-2020, 05:59 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  Rotoworld said Joe Douglas gave cj Mosley a massive contract last year (this dude’s teammate in Baltimore). I wonder why rotoworld doesn’t give you the ability to let them know of errors. That was maccagnans signing!

My Rotoworld app doesn’t work anymore and I feel
lost. Loved that app. Rotoworld app said to download NBC Sports Scores App. I did but can’t find rotoworld player news on it. Anyone know how to get it on this new NBC app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 x 0 x 0
(03-26-2020, 09:23 AM)sheets316 Wrote:  
(03-25-2020, 10:16 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  Maybe Douglas is thinking of trading Moseley on draft day...

Trade him for Trent Williams!

I just read something on rotoworld about Williams, and the only team they linked to him was the Jets.  And also read the Skins aren't getting offered what they want with draft picks (they want a second), so maybe the Skins will want a later pick + a player.

I'd be ecstatic to get the Mosley or Bell contract off the books... while protecting Darnold's blind side for the next 2-3 years.  And then we clearly draft Jeudy or Lamb.

Yup, I would love this.  But Jets homers jerk off to guys like Mosley and Bell even though they were completely useless last season.
 x 1 x 0
(03-26-2020, 01:08 PM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  
(03-26-2020, 09:23 AM)sheets316 Wrote:  Trade him for Trent Williams!

Yup, I would love this.  But Jets homers jerk off to guys like Mosley and Bell even though they were completely useless last season.

Mosley looked really good in the first half of the first game... and so many seem to want to put him in the NY Jets Hall of Fame.