Jesse Davis the best Phins Right Guard in a generation
06-24-2018, 10:59 PM,
RE: Jesse Davis the best Phins Right Guard in a generation
 x 0  x 0 
Jet Guy

Let me rephrase.... Davis was an acorn... We invested nothing in him and he makes nothing... He rose to the rank of a starter and did not suck...

So no he is not a "Great Player" But even if he is merely a "Good" player ...If the overall results for this team is a solid O line.... We as Dolphins fans will have plenty of reason to celebrate.
I might not change the world, but I sure won't ever let it change me. P.S.
06-25-2018, 02:48 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Jesus Christ
"ENJOY YOUR PRACTICE SQUAD PAYCHECK"  - Our beloved QB Ryan Tannehill directed at his teammates, Oct 2015. 
06-25-2018, 05:04 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-25-2018, 02:48 AM)MrChadRico Wrote:  Jesus Christ

It's embarrassing at this point.

smh
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
06-26-2018, 05:41 PM,
Jesse Davis the best Phins Right Guard in a generation
 x 0  x 0 
Davis was our best olineman last year.. better than pouncey, tunsil, James etc

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
06-27-2018, 05:09 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
I think that proves my point he was 63rd out of 78 players and he was our best linemen lmao. The words "generational talent" do not belong in the same sentence when talking about the Dolphins oline.
"ENJOY YOUR PRACTICE SQUAD PAYCHECK"  - Our beloved QB Ryan Tannehill directed at his teammates, Oct 2015. 
06-27-2018, 10:47 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Davis may turn out to be pretty good....

He is still a huge question mark at this point.

We upgraded at center and added a quality guard on the other side... There is some reason for optimism with the O line.... Regardless of Davis.
I might not change the world, but I sure won't ever let it change me. P.S.
06-27-2018, 11:02 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Davis is exactly why I hate how Miami has gone about tending to their o-line for the past decade with first round picks and a shit ton of money. The best one they may have come across that entire span was undrafted and signed by Miami for half a million a season...
06-27-2018, 11:20 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
our best DE was undrafted too. I understand your point but you also hate spending top drafts on the oline period whether we have Davis or not...it just goes against your draft strategy.
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
06-27-2018, 11:22 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-27-2018, 11:20 AM)Litefghtr Wrote:  our best DE was undrafted too.  I understand your point but you also hate spending top drafts on the oline period whether we have Davis or not...it just goes against your draft strategy.

Exactly, Davis is just an example of Miami getting it right for once, and at NO real expense to themselves, without using that first round pick asset which Lord knows could have gone to so many other areas of need over the past decade+
06-27-2018, 11:37 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
You do realize that the flaw to your strategy is that in theory you could say the same thing about any position in fball.
06-27-2018, 12:36 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-27-2018, 11:37 AM)Litefghtr Wrote:  You do realize that the flaw to your strategy is that in theory you could say the same thing about any position in fball.

Different positions are worth spending first round picks on, like QB and skill positions like DE, and CB, even WR in some cases. I've listed here before the first round offensive lineman on championship teams (below is a list of the first round offensive lineman drafted by the championship teams they won on over the past 20 years (may be top 15 overall)), look where those teams spend those first round picks and how they go about building their offensive lines. And the ones who do spend those first round picks on offensive lineman are able to do so without a real cost given how set they are at all other positions. 

This thread just makes me nuts with Miami having taken Jake Long #1 overall, Mike Pouncey as high as a Center has ever been taken in the draft, Juwaan James at #19 in the first round and Leremy Tunsil in the first half of the first round. After all of that, an undrafted and cheap option in Jesse Davis is the one really seeming to excel.

Attached Files Image(s)

06-27-2018, 12:52 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Why do you hate the big fat uglies??
06-27-2018, 12:54 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
couldn't you do that with all the main positions and they would look similar to what you posted?
06-27-2018, 01:42 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-27-2018, 12:54 PM)Litefghtr Wrote:  couldn't you do that with all the main positions and they would look similar to what you posted?

I don't know, you tell me, look at what the championship teams from recent history did in the first round of the draft the years prior to winning their Super Bowls. 

My point is that I think we as a group, Miami Dolphins fans, are as high on this offensive line as we have been for about 10-15 years and the biggest move they made towards that offensive line wasn't using a first round pick to bring one in, but GETTING RID of a past first round pick who was overpaid. That and trading for one veteran and signing another (Kilgore and Sutton), both for contracts that aren't crazy for their positions.

Those are moves that I have been wanting to see the Miami Dolphins front office make since 2007, if not earlier, and they do it, and fans are finally reasonably optimistic (not KD always bat shit crazy) about an offensive line going into the season.