Is this maybe the worst...
 x 0 x 0
Build up to the draft ever!!!! That was partially sarcastic but in all seriousness as someone who enjoys and looks forward to the draft every year I feel like there’s a lack of buzz, speculation, “smoke screens”, this year I mean it’s next week! Am I alone here?
 x 0 x 0
the board has been dead (everyone went for bagels?) this year pre-draft
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
Really the only time a draft has good buzz going into it is when there are 2+ really good QB's going into it. Like last year for instance. This year you've got Murray and Haskins, but in my opinion only Murray is good enough to generate some buzz. Last year had the best buzz. That was some serious buzz.
What do we care more about, children or money? How come we have armed guards in banks protecting the money and there's no one in schools protecting the kids.

I survived Fieldchatter Y2K! January 11th, 2019
 x 1 x 0
Yeah I agree. Last year there were a lot of polarizing elite offensive players. This year not so much. Defensive players don't get the same buzz as QB, Wrs or RB's. Elite talent in this draft on D side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 x 3 x 0
(04-17-2019, 12:08 AM)dmb88886 Wrote:  the board has been dead (everyone went for bagels?) this year pre-draft

There's really not much for us to discuss.  Allen or outside chance of Bosa.  And mass suicide if we take Williams.

No second round pick also makes this even a bit more boring.
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
I was wondering 2 days ago .. did we already go through the nfl combine? Because there was virtually no buzz at all.

Probably means there is not going to be any crazy trades - we'll be at #3 - and of course we'll get Quinnen Williams
 x 1 x 0
Macaganan sucked all the life out of the fanbase.
 x 0 x 0
It’s not even just news surrounding the Jets, it’s kind of the entire landscape of the league. Other than Muarry going #1, there’s very little speculation or rumors about really anything else. Usually this time of year there’s leaks or fake information thrown out in the media. Really haven’t seen much of any of that this year.
 x 0 x 0
(04-17-2019, 10:23 AM)Jets1044 Wrote:  It’s not even just news surrounding the Jets, it’s kind of the entire landscape of the league. Other than Muarry going #1, there’s very little speculation or rumors about really anything else. Usually this time of year there’s leaks or fake information thrown out in the media. Really haven’t seen much of any of that this year.

I disagree.  This is entirely on Macaganan fucking up FA.  The Jets could have been one draft piece away from being serious contenders.  The hype would have been there.
 x 0 x 0
(04-17-2019, 10:30 AM)Fire_Idzik Wrote:  
(04-17-2019, 10:23 AM)Jets1044 Wrote:  It’s not even just news surrounding the Jets, it’s kind of the entire landscape of the league. Other than Muarry going #1, there’s very little speculation or rumors about really anything else. Usually this time of year there’s leaks or fake information thrown out in the media. Really haven’t seen much of any of that this year.

I disagree.  This is entirely on Macaganan fucking up FA.  The Jets could have been one draft piece away from being serious contenders.  The hype would have been there.

You very confusing you in one hand say we could have been one drat piece away and the other hand came out me last week when I said Darnold is the real deal

You starting to become that post that throws out a few different things on one topic so you can look back and act like you were right either way.....but most of us see this out of you.
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(04-16-2019, 11:59 PM)Jets1044 Wrote:  Build up to the draft ever!!!! That was partially sarcastic but in all seriousness as someone who enjoys and looks forward to the draft every year I feel like there’s a lack of buzz, speculation, “smoke screens”, this year I mean it’s next week! Am I alone here?
Been thinking the same. Excited that the draft is just over a week away and yet we don't have that much to talk about. We're in a good spot at 3 and we may have a chance at drafting either Bosa or Allen. There's also a good possibility that we trade back. Now, since we've established our position, it's quite obvious we're drafting Quinnen Williams.
"HOWEVER, I do believe every negative comment deserves a response, if we so choose." Redtrek
 x 1 x 0
I think that it’s been predictable.

Big picture perspective: Some guys blew away the combine, but nobody we didn’t know about. Kyler has been locked into the #1 pick for 2 months now. 49ers basically comes down to Bosa, Quinnen, trade. Not the top flight QB (or offensive) talent. It’s kind of a boring draft filled with lots of DL and LB prospects.

As for the Jets perspective:

the QB search is over and a lot of the stress/focus is off. We’ve had basically 4 players to talk about. Bosa, Allen, Quinnen and Jonah Williams (who has fallen down boards a little). So we kinda know who we are getting in round 1 and there’s no high 2nd round pick to talk about.
 x 0 x 0
(04-17-2019, 11:30 AM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  
(04-17-2019, 10:30 AM)Fire_Idzik Wrote:  I disagree.  This is entirely on Macaganan fucking up FA.  The Jets could have been one draft piece away from being serious contenders.  The hype would have been there.

You very confusing you in one hand say we could have been one drat piece away and the other hand came out me last week when I said Darnold is the real deal

You starting to become that post that throws out a few different things on one topic so you can look back and act like you were right either way.....but most of us see this out of you.

Darnold of course needs to prove he's the real deal.  If he is, then the team could have been one draft piece away.  Now, even if he proves he's the real deal, this is an 8-8 type team at best in my opinion. 

I think I'm being very consistent.
 x 0 x 0
lucky we in top 4 cuz i think its Murray Bosa Allen and Quinnen and a bunch of who knows?? Greedy will probably be really good and then the guy who comes out of nowhere
 x 0 x 0
(Yesterday, 12:54 PM)NYCF1 Wrote:  lucky we in top 4 cuz i think its Murray Bosa Allen and Quinnen and a bunch of who knows?? Greedy will probably be really good and then the guy who comes out of nowhere

I heard Greedy is afraid to tackle/make contact.is there truth to that?
"Are we even Laing? "
 x 0 x 0
(Yesterday, 12:54 PM)NYCF1 Wrote:  lucky we in top 3 cuz i think its Murray Bosa and Allen 

Yup
 x 1 x 0
I think another large part of Jets fans apathy about this draft is because most of us have absolutely no faith in Macc to pick any sort of contributor after our first pick. Why even discuss 3rd rounders if he’s going to just draft some random bum?
 x 0 x 0
(Yesterday, 05:26 PM)ZenMaster Wrote:  I think another large part of Jets fans apathy about this draft is because most of us have absolutely no faith in Macc to pick any sort of contributor after our first pick. Why even discuss 3rd rounders if he’s going to just draft some random bum?

That's why I'm not as excited as I'd normally be, don't trust this dumbass GM at all. The most we can hope for is Murray and Williams go 1 and 2, that way this idiot can't fuck our pick up.
"Some mothafuckas are always trying to ice skate uphill."