Is Sanchez already better than Eli?
 x 0 x 0
After 2 years in his career versus after 2 year in Eli's?
 x 0 x 0
(03-06-2011, 03:22 PM)mrfield16 Wrote:  After 2 years in his career versus after 2 year in Eli's?

If Sanchez won a Super Bowl and was MVP of it then this could be a topic, but until that happens please don't post absurd comments like this....haha

I understand you are trying to say after 2 years but come on, Sanchez went to two AFC championship games only to lose.....maybe you should compare him to Mcnabb not Eli.
 x 0 x 0
What did Eli do in 2 years? I am comparing the 2 1st 2 years.......I am all ears.
 x 0 x 0
(03-08-2011, 12:39 PM)mrfield16 Wrote:  What did Eli do in 2 years? I am comparing the 2 1st 2 years.......I am all ears.

who cares!!
Sanchez won nothing.
Big deal he went to two championship games...HE LOST!!
Super Bowls is the only thing that matters in the NFL and you know it.
 x 0 x 0
(03-06-2011, 03:22 PM)mrfield16 Wrote:  After 2 years in his career versus after 2 year in Eli's?

Definitely not. Eli beat Belicheat in the SB to spoil the perfect season. Sanchez needs to win a SB before we have this conversation IMO. Rex said we're definitely winning the SB next year so lets revisit this thread in 11 months. I can't stop thinking about Eli's SB so maybe I'm a biased juror.
 x 0 x 0
Did Eli o that in his 1st 2 years? We are comparing both their 1st 2 YEARS.
 x 0 x 0
(03-08-2011, 11:22 PM)mrfield16 Wrote:  Did Eli o that in his 1st 2 years? We are comparing both their 1st 2 YEARS.

No but he won a Super Bowl in his 3rd full season as a starter.

If you want to compare stats alone, Sanchez in 2009 and 2010 vs. Eli in 2005 and 2006 (I wouldn't count 2004, he only started 7 games after the team lost 3 out of 4), then Eli has the upper hand. Eli has more passing attempts, completions, TDs, yards, higher completion % and QB rating. Eli had 35 picks to Sanchez 33, BFD. You can say all you want, but Eli has been, is and will always be a better QB than Sanchez.

Maybe if Sanchez stopped hanging around Greenwich High School and hanging out with 17-yr old girls and focused on being a better QB he might have won in Pittsburg.
 x 0 x 0
You had me until you said he has always been and always will be......what was Eli's post season stats his 2nd and 3rd season in the league? If you acknowledge they were very close in results in their 1st 2 full seasons...is it not a bit more impressive from a 1 year college starter whole left college early? On top of that to say he will never be as good..is a bit ludicrous..I know you know this..WAY too early for that:-)
 x 0 x 0
[/b][b] Sanchez doesn't get flustered or panicky as quickly. Granted, Eli has a Super Bowl win, but if anyone is saying let's see Sanchez win a SB before having this conversation, it's rediculous. That's like saying Marino sucks because he never won a Super Bowl, rest assured, Sanchez will at the very least play in a Super Bowl or 2. I'm sure of that.
 I'd rather be scoffed on my own merit than lauded for emulation....
 x 0 x 0
1st off, fuck this superbowl shit.

I'll tell you why the SB matters; it's the biggest game of the season and puts the most pressure on the players. Players that perform well in the SB don't get credit "because it's the SB", they get credit because of all the pressure they're under. It has nothing to do with the hardware and everything to do with the situation they're performing in.

Eli shocked me and the world in that SB and that late TD throw was nothing short of amazing. I give him all the credit in the world for that throw. But the problem I have with using the SB as a major point in the argument for Eli is that "clutch" is not a consistent attribute of his.

With that said I don't think its fair to put Sanchez ahead of him. But I can't really hold Eli to a much higher standard than Sanchez at this point either.

Stats wise:

Both QBs have put up shaky comp% in their beginning years. And both have proven to be pretty INT prone. Eli owns Mark in yardage and TD's though.

But I think Mark is more consistent in stepping up his game when the pressure is on. I think he's going to develop into a better clutch QB than Eli. The Jets lost both their AFC championship games, but Sanchez also performed well in those games.

If Shotty/Rex had managed time better in this past AFCCG and gotten the ball back in Mark's hands I think he had a good shot at scoring a game winning drive and bringing the jets to the SB. He played great in the second half.

I think its possibly Eli outperforms Sanchez in yardage and TDs for most of their careers though.

x 0 x 0
you have to be kidding me.......

sanchez is a crappy QB.....not that eli is good, but he's better than sanchez

manning has never looked as bad as sanchez has at times
 x 0 x 0
First, in just two seasons, Mark Sanchez already has won as many playoff ... Still, as the years go on, the Giants are going to have to win a playoff .
 x 0 x 0
I watch the Giants pretty reg. Eli is very sloppy. He's good in pressure, good in no-huddle late. But right now I'd probably take Sanchez. To me has higher upside. Right now Eli has a slight edge but in a year or two I see Sanchez ahead of him easily. Also Sanchez has better intangibles.
 x 0 x 0
WOW! I wasn't here last year....and I am glad for it. LMAO! Look at this thread. I would have been in here yakking...Sanchez this and that....what a difference a year makes. Add another SB to Eli....still think Sanchez will be ahead of him in a few years? I don't see him lasting the season if we get a good backup!
VIVA la TANK!!
 x 0 x 0
(02-22-2012, 03:37 AM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  WOW! I wasn't here last year....and I am glad for it. LMAO! Look at this thread. I would have been in here yakking...Sanchez this and that....what a difference a year makes. Add another SB to Eli....still think Sanchez will be ahead of him in a few years? I don't see him lasting the season if we get a good backup!

You dont see him lasting the season?

Now whose making the absurd comments now?
 x 0 x 0
(03-18-2012, 10:20 AM)kappalsd Wrote:  
(02-22-2012, 03:37 AM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  WOW! I wasn't here last year....and I am glad for it. LMAO! Look at this thread. I would have been in here yakking...Sanchez this and that....what a difference a year makes. Add another SB to Eli....still think Sanchez will be ahead of him in a few years? I don't see him lasting the season if we get a good backup!

You dont see him lasting the season?

Those comments don't look quite as absurd now do they?

I guess the end of this year should be the time to revisit this thread?
 x 0 x 0
(10-03-2012, 02:15 PM)Deanna530 Wrote:  
(03-18-2012, 10:20 AM)kappalsd Wrote:  You dont see him lasting the season?

Those comments don't look quite as absurd now do they?

I guess the end of this year should be the time to revisit this thread?

LMAO!
VIVA la TANK!!
 x 0 x 0
LOL.. this thread
 x 0 x 0
This thread is GOLD
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
 x 0 x 0
just saw this for the first time,
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.