Interesting Pictorial of What America Looked Like Without Concern for Environment
 x 0 x 0
Where interesting in this case means  pathetic and sad

https://tinyurl.com/y22dpukl

It's absurd that anyone would suggest that this sort of pollution isn't shortening our time on this planet and that of the estimated 100 species of animals per day that go extinct.
When you wish upon a star you're actually a few million years late. That star is dead. Just like your dreams.
 x 0 x 0
I remember the rotten Apple in the 70s and early to mid 80s. The Native American crying on TV. The smog everywhere. Cars in the bays and ponds and side of the road. Garbage piles on city streets.

People keep talking about the climate. Pollution is a actually substance!!! It's not debatable math. It's a fucking giant pile of shit everywhere you look!! Nothing built to last. Plastic everywhere. Chemicals everywhere. Carcinogens everywhere. Oil spills. Etc etc. This gets ignored in favor of the climate argument.
 x 0 x 0
(05-09-2019, 03:42 AM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  I remember the rotten Apple in the 70s and early to mid 80s. The Native American crying on TV. The smog everywhere. Cars in the bays and ponds and side of the road. Garbage piles on city streets.

People keep talking about the climate. Pollution is a actually substance!!! It's not debatable math. It's a fucking giant pile of shit everywhere you look!! Nothing built to last. Plastic everywhere. Chemicals everywhere. Carcinogens everywhere. Oil spills. Etc etc. This gets ignored in favor of the climate argument.

They're one in the same argument. The processes that produce this waste and pollution directly contribute to the carbon buildup in the air, the deforestation which causes fewer trees and plants that can convert carbon to oxygen, etc. These are inseparable situations. We're talking about fucking up not only the air we breathe and the ozone layer, but destroying entire ecosystems that our food depends on to survive. It's one interconnected system. I'm not seeing people choosing one or the other; I'm seeing people choosing either to accept the reality of the entire situation or to deny the entire situation exists outright.
When you wish upon a star you're actually a few million years late. That star is dead. Just like your dreams.
 x 0 x 0
Why can't we build giant dome's, that have smoke stacks, around landfills. Then have a filtration system that catches the soot and other shit. Periodically shut down the smokestacks to remove the filters and clean the scaling debris. It could be done.

Ancient Civilizations built pyramids that either had conductive metal tips or were made out of metal, to create an electromagnetic field. Creating electricity, amongst other things, yet we can't figure out a way to safely dispose of all the crap we make?

BULLSHIT!

EPA is just as guilty. Remember, who created the EPA?
What do we care more about, children or money? How come we have armed guards in banks protecting the money and there's no one in schools protecting the kids.

I survived Fieldchatter Y2K! January 11th, 2019
 x 0 x 0
(05-09-2019, 08:47 AM)Runway JET Wrote:  Why can't we build giant dome's, that have smoke stacks, around landfills. Then have a filtration system that catches the soot and other shit. Periodically shut down the smokestacks to remove the filters and clean the scaling debris. It could be done.

Ancient Civilizations built pyramids that either had conductive metal tips or were made out of metal, to create an electromagnetic field. Creating electricity, amongst other things, yet we can't figure out a way to safely dispose of all the crap we make?

BULLSHIT!

EPA is just as guilty. Remember, who created the EPA?

I agree with you. We simply haven't been trying hard enough. I think again mostly because we don't take the consequences very seriously or are waiting for someone else to do something for us.

Wasn't it Nixon who created the EPA? Best of intentions I'm sure but I guess it would also have helped to fund them and man them properly.  Now it's a mess
 x 0 x 0
This is the impact people here say we're not having and so nothing needs doing.

https://www.cntraveller.in/story/45-years-killed-60-earths-wildlife/?fbclid=IwAR0qguQA94c4wCHkOqRev49UHzuxJ1CZNhWZVmuVP1VtEc08_XKlOulOK7k
 x 0 x 0
(05-10-2019, 01:58 PM)HerrinSchadenfreude Wrote:  This is the impact people here say we're not having and so nothing needs doing.

https://www.cntraveller.in/story/45-years-killed-60-earths-wildlife/?fbclid=IwAR0qguQA94c4wCHkOqRev49UHzuxJ1CZNhWZVmuVP1VtEc08_XKlOulOK7k

Scary shit.