If Justus Sheffield could only ...
 x 0 x 0
find some control, he'd be the answer to our starting rotation problems, or at least a huge help.

Kid pitched six innings of one-hit ball for SCWB today, striking out eight, but yielded three walks and two unearned  runs.

He's 2-4 on the season, with a 2.60 ERA. Allowed only 32 hits in 55 innings with 66 K's but 29 walks, which is almost 5 per 9 innings, and that just won't cut it in the majors. Still, opposing batters are hitting only .165 against him.

That one weakness is the only reason he's not our #2 starter right now.
If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
Hopefully we can fix that. Maybe we should talk to Houston pitching coaches. They seem to fix everyone who goes there.
 x 0 x 0
(06-09-2018, 09:07 AM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  Hopefully we can fix that. Maybe we should talk to Houston pitching coaches. They seem to fix everyone who goes there.

Maybe we should hire their pitching coaches.
If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
(06-09-2018, 12:24 PM)ancientyankee Wrote:  
(06-09-2018, 09:07 AM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  Hopefully we can fix that. Maybe we should talk to Houston pitching coaches. They seem to fix everyone who goes there.

Maybe we should hire their pitching coaches.

Whatever it takes.
 x 0 x 0
The goal is a WS and Cashman isn't leaving that up to rookie pitchers! With ML ready players down on the farm, we all know what's going to happen. The only surprise will be, who ends up traded. Could be a shocker!
Game 7 of the Championship series Against the Lakers with Wilt! 

Red: You know my mama wanted me to be a Coach.

Willis: My dad wanted me to be a basketball player.

Red: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.